Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Saturn Sky... turbo?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturn Sky... turbo?!?

well i was at my uncles 60th birthday party... and i was outside smoking a cigarette. Couldn't help but over hear this guy talking about how "fast" his new saturn was.. granted it really did look like a million bucks.. but it's still a saturn. He was telling me "the result" of the race if we did race.. of coure he said he'd win... but it would be close... so basically just the fact that a guy with a saturn said he'd win.. it was a no brianer.. i was like lets find somewhere to run...

so we were able to quietly escape and went to a tpk nearby.. we ran twice.. needless to say i won... but to be honest fellas.. i didnt win by as much as i thoguht i would.. that thing is light and quick... off the line i had about 1/2 a car on him... but when i hit about 85 i realized he wasn't pulling on me anymore.. so i hit the break.. im not saying that those things are fast or even in the same league.. but they are quick nice cars, without a doubt.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you drive??

And the new models are turbo, but Im not sure if they are out yet. Something like 240 hp and a 2600 pound weight or something. Those numbers were out of my *** and probably not quite right.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they are out. Their is a red one in my area with a turbo. I think a little boost and meth those things will be really fast. Ecotech is a stout motor from GM.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, it's the Sky Redline and the Solstice GXP. I think 252hp (?), and they weigh about 2900lbs I think. They are nice cars, and the Sky is definitely a looker (moreso than the Solstice, imo), but I still like the S2000 better. My across-the-street neighbor got a Sky a few months back, but it's a base model automatic
Old 03-11-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill, I'm pretty sure theyre rated at 260hp, give them some time as easy as turbos are to make more power out and rwd theyre gonna be badasses imo, id like to have one but theyre too expensive and with markups theyre just rediculous
Old 03-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeySS2000x
well i was at my uncles 60th birthday party... and i was outside smoking a cigarette. Couldn't help but over hear this guy talking about how "fast" his new saturn was.. granted it really did look like a million bucks.. but it's still a saturn. He was telling me "the result" of the race if we did race.. of coure he said he'd win... but it would be close... so basically just the fact that a guy with a saturn said he'd win.. it was a no brianer.. i was like lets find somewhere to run...

so we were able to quietly escape and went to a tpk nearby.. we ran twice.. needless to say i won... but to be honest fellas.. i didnt win by as much as i thoguht i would.. that thing is light and quick... off the line i had about 1/2 a car on him... but when i hit about 85 i realized he wasn't pulling on me anymore.. so i hit the break.. im not saying that those things are fast or even in the same league.. but they are quick nice cars, without a doubt.
I'm assuming you drive an S2000? Stock?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea ive also heard that the turbo solsitces and sky have forged cranks and rods, i may be mistakes but i think i read someting on them when they were still in developement correct me if im wrong.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula_X
I'm assuming you drive an S2000? Stock?
by his account, i would assume he has a 2000 SS camaro, not an S2000, and my guess is it is pretty close to stock.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Ya I was at a light when I pulled next to the gxp version some lady was in the car I thought nothing of it. But she gunned it once the light turned green so I said why not I got on it aswell I got about a car and a half but she did close the gap to about a car we were going around 70 mph lol. After that I went and looked up the spec's not bad at all for what it is.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Default actually...

im driving a 2001 Camaro SS.. i really don't know why i put 2000.. lol.. and i never got around to posting pics of my car or showing it anywhere.. its basically stock.. Loudmouth II exhaust and a Lid..