Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Damn...close call

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn...close call

Well I was just rolling around in my 01 SS just having a good time enjoying the nice weather. Well I was on a 4 lane type highway deal, and I got up next to an impala ss. I was basically just using this impala as an object to do about a 65 mph punch in 3rd gear just for the fun of it(just got the car seeing what it will do), well I get up to about 90 and i look in my mirror. Apparently this impala was an off-duty cop. So I thought to myself...well that was stupid...there goes my license.

He came up and he asked if I knew how many people have died in the past like 6 months from street racing and driving stupid. I said "I don't know..probably a lot." He said "yeah." He said so what were you doin? you saw another fast car and decided that you would try to race it. I was like no not really I wasn't even trying to race you I was just testing out my car. He said "well what should I do?" I said that i didn't know and he said that he was just gonna let me off. I said thanks man. Then he told me he was watching me, and if he caught me in the marked car doing it again I was gettin a ticket for sure. I said alright and was on my way.

DAMN that was close. I definately need to calm down with my driving, or well atleast not drive stupid around impala's.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have asked him if he knew how many cops have been killed pulling over F-bodies in the past 6 months. Then, you should have pulled our your 9 and started busting off caps at him...that would have taught him a lesson! J/K...but seriously...
Old 03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
Well I was just rolling around in my 01 SS just having a good time enjoying the nice weather. Well I was on a 4 lane type highway deal, and I got up next to an impala ss. I was basically just using this impala as an object to do about a 65 mph punch in 3rd gear just for the fun of it(just got the car seeing what it will do), well I get up to about 90 and i look in my mirror. Apparently this impala was an off-duty cop. So I thought to myself...well that was stupid...there goes my license.

He came up and he asked if I knew how many people have died in the past like 6 months from street racing and driving stupid. I said "I don't know..probably a lot." He said "yeah." He said so what were you doin? you saw another fast car and decided that you would try to race it. I was like no not really I wasn't even trying to race you I was just testing out my car. He said "well what should I do?" I said that i didn't know and he said that he was just gonna let me off. I said thanks man. Then he told me he was watching me, and if he caught me in the marked car doing it again I was gettin a ticket for sure. I said alright and was on my way.

DAMN that was close. I definately need to calm down with my driving, or well atleast not drive stupid around impala's.
Probably around 85 people nation-wide have died in the last 6-months from street-racing. If you want the HONEST number.

The popularity of street racing has skyrocketed, especially with the release of movies like "Fast and the Furious" in 2001. Cars are getting faster and accidents are on the rise.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of fatalities from street racing rose from 72 in 2000 to 135 in 2001.
http://www.fastcop.com/news/news6.htm

In 1996, 5,412 pedestrians were killed by motor vehicles. Maybe YOU should ask HIM WTF HE was doing out of HIS car?http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/PEOPLE/ncsa...6.html#pedestr

Last edited by BLKWS.6; 03-25-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Did he pull you over? In my opinion, if he pulled you over somehow, he was out of his rights. If anything, he should have called 911 and had an on duty officer follow up on the call/situation.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Did you pull over for an unmarked car with no lights?? Thats dumb my friend, very dumb. You have no idea whether its a real cop or not, regardless of whether he "flashes his badge" or not.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

he had lights
Old 03-26-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i bet you felt stupid,i know i would hahahah...tell him his car isn't fast and to keep eating donuts
Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

that sucks.

You should of told him there is only one fast car because impala is slow
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Damn, that was a close one.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Teching In

yOU ARE THE LUCKIEST GUY ON LS1TECH TODAY! CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

did ya ask him how many donuts he ate in the last year while he sat on his *** watching **** on his lil laptop?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tainted
did ya ask him how many donuts he ate in the last year while he sat on his *** watching **** on his lil laptop?
It would be in the tens of thousands!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tainted
STFU. Well, I am not really a fan of donuts. But that other is an American Tradition!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 88MONTESS
Did he pull you over? In my opinion, if he pulled you over somehow, he was out of his rights. If anything, he should have called 911 and had an on duty officer follow up on the call/situation.
i'm pretty sure it doesnt matter if they are on duty or not, just because they are sworn in to uphold the law....thats why they are supose to carry their weapon or buy another one for off duty...