Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Night With 5 Stangs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Night With 5 Stangs

So I was down at the usual racer hangout last night just checkin out the goods, (mostly rice as usual, and one nasty canibalized vega ), a guy in a fox body 5.0 shows up so I go over and start askin him about his car which was just full bolt-ons and gears. A minute or two later four more mustangs roll in together, a guy i know in an 03 cobra and then a 96 cobra along with two more foxes (one stock, one boltons/gears). After talking for a while with the terminator guy he asks for a ride in my car, cus he wants an LS1. So we go for a rip and when we get back I go for a ride in his car, . Its making about 430 to the wheels and it was the fastest car ive ever been in.

Anyways, the two guys with the bolton foxes decide to run so we all head out of there to go watch. On the way i did a couple roll races against the terminator, none of them were too pretty. From a 3rd gear roll I got walked by about 6 car lengths from about 60-120. Next up we did the same thing but he left it in 4th. We stayed pretty even while I was in the top of 3rd and he was in mid 4th, but once i shifted he started pulling again. O, he only had longtubes, a cai, and an x-pipe. So I was about done with that. On the way we stopped at the truck stop because most of the guys needed gas, so as were all sitting there an old security guy drives up and asks us if were racing. We were "just cruising around", he checks out all our cars and says "good, all domestics. None of those little import shitcans" and gives us the thumbs up.

After the two slow foxes raced I asked the guy in the 96 cobra (just full exhaust i think) if he wanted to run. So we head out to the highway , me thinking this was gonna be a joke. Maybe this guy had more than he was telling me, but he took the jump every time! (shitty kuhmo ASXs ) and it would usually take me till about the top of second to catch him, i then walked him by about 3 cars up to 120 every time. I thought those things were kinda dogs? By the way, ive just got a lid and catback.

After we cruised around for a bit we found a good empty chunk of four lane and I lined up with the terminator, the 96 cobra and one of the bolt on foxes. I was honking it off and asleep at the wheel so i fucked the launch. They all took off about a car and a half on me, but by the end of first i was passing the fox, and I was even with the 96 topping second, and just blew him away in third, the terminator was long gone though, about 4 or 5 cars up by then. Anyways, im sure thats the closest ill ever be to that terminator, hes getting a KB 2.8 this week.

It was a good night.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

the fox must not have had much done to it...a full bolt on fox body with gears and a good driver should have no trouble walking a lid catback ls1.JMO
Old 03-31-2007, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kills.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like you had fun! Good kills and death.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound like a fun night, great hunting
Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
the fox must not have had much done to it...a full bolt on fox body with gears and a good driver should have no trouble walking a lid catback ls1.JMO

He had a 3.73 rear and then headers, exhaust, cai, and ud pulleys, off the top of my head. My 89 fox that I had before this had ported and polished heads, e303 cam, cai, headers, exhaust, pulleys, and probably something else that im forgetting and it wasnt near as fast as my camaro.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a good night to me. Nothing like some friendly runs.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Sounds like alot of fun! I'd love to find a "racer hangout" by me and get some races going with cool people.

No way, even with full bolt ons and gears on the fox, the bolt on LS1 is still making ~75 more hp than the fox.

Last edited by Formula_X; 04-01-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Good runs.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Sounds like alot of fun! I'd love to find a "racer hangout" by me and get some races going with cool people.

In Tampa you cant find a racer hangout?

Ive been there and i dont think ive ever seen anywhere else that has nicer cars.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ScottysZ
In Tampa you cant find a racer hangout?

Ive been there and i dont think ive ever seen anywhere else that has nicer cars.
I'm sure there must be some hangouts around here, but I don't know where they are. You should go to Orlando, tons of nice cars everywhere, and EVERYONE wants to race!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Default not full bolt opns

[QUOTE=ScottysZ]He had a 3.73 rear and then headers, exhaust, cai, and ud pulleys, off the top of my head. My 89 fox that I had before this had ported and polished heads, e303 cam, cai, headers, exhaust, pulleys, and probably something else that im forgetting and it wasnt near as fast as my camaro.[/QUOT

well if you wouldve added a better intake and t/b and injectors none of that really helped you any.the e cam sounds good but doesnt make alot more power than the stock one.when i said full bolt ons i meant everything.

as for the guy who said the ls1 had 75 more hp very true,however the f body is 600lbs heavier than a fox not to mention the mustangs suspension is alot better than the fbody.trust me i own one of each.and have had lots of each.so i know what im talkin about
Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dunno about that now...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

For a full weight Foxbody to out run a LS1 F-body it would take no less than iron GT40 heads, Cobra intake, and a dinky E303 cam. Even then I doubt it...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

My 1990 5.0 LX M5, had a cold air, BBK throttle body, BBK short equal length headers, BBK o/r H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, Pro 5.0, 3.55's, Spec stage 2 clutch, u/d pullies, and a MSD ignition, and it put down a whopping 218 hp to the wheels on a mustang dyno..... , i would call that full bolt on and I know from experience that any one of my LS1's stock would have destroyed that mustang. Now those bolt-ons plus say some Trickflow Heads and Intake, plus a small cam and then your talking walking a lid and catback LS1....
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

I guess I need to move. Around here you cant find a street race for nothing.

All my buddies have Fox body Mustangs, but only about three out of the 50 running around here are actually faster than me. Im usually one of the fastest "Drive in Drive out" cars at our Track (being that the three I mensioned haul in on trailors).

None the less, GOOD KILL

Blake
Old 04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Calgary isnt huge on street racing most of the time, but i think in the spring when everyone gets their cars out they need to feel like they werent wasting money having it just sitting in a garage all winter. With all the money floating around here now from the boom in the oil industry theres getting to be more and more nice cars around.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

ive took sd foxes 87-88 models with only a gear and full exhaust and beat ls1s at the track.why would you put a tb on the stock intake.so i guess fox body mustangs are slow.lol id take my lil 2.3 and smoke your *** if you lived near me.
i cant stand domestic haters.

look at my sig i own one of each both are fast asb hell
Old 04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Default all 3 suck

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
For a full weight Foxbody to out run a LS1 F-body it would take no less than iron GT40 heads, Cobra intake, and a dinky E303 cam. Even then I doubt it...
all 3 of those might net you 50hp thats being generous
ive had mustangs with any engine combo you could think of if i havent my buddies have
Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Default 20 hp

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
My 1990 5.0 LX M5, had a cold air, BBK throttle body, BBK short equal length headers, BBK o/r H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, Pro 5.0, 3.55's, Spec stage 2 clutch, u/d pullies, and a MSD ignition, and it put down a whopping 218 hp to the wheels on a mustang dyno..... , i would call that full bolt on and I know from experience that any one of my LS1's stock would have destroyed that mustang. Now those bolt-ons plus say some Trickflow Heads and Intake, plus a small cam and then your talking walking a lid and catback LS1....
without a intake and maf all thats useless
ill say it again a "FULL BOLT ON FOX" will beat a lid catback ls1 yeah there is a big hp diff but 100lbs is a tenth of a second.and an fbody stock form doesnt hook like a mustang.