Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Corvette C5 Kill Number 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C5 Kill Number 3

This is my 3 C5 kill. It was an interesting night. I was driving home when I stop at a light. Im sitting there falling asleep. Then I notice a red Lexus next to me. Its an SC400. The light turns green and the Lexus leaps ahead. I take off normal. Then I see a G35 following the Lexus. They both start turning left into a gas station. Thats when I see it. A pewter, convertible C5 vette! I revv my car as he gets ready to turn left into the gas station. He hears my revvs and takes the bite

We mess around in the street. I take off and pull him every time. I guess he was just messing with me. He had a smile the entire time. Cocky smile it seemed. He asks me to race in the middle of a neighborhood... wtf? Well ok I guess. He honks 3 times. I take of on the 2nd honk, and let off. As soon as I let off he takes off. I dont chase him. We pull up on the next stop. I ask him if he wants to go on the freeway. He says "yea whatever" with that same smile. Sweet! He follows me into the freeway.

We merge the freeway and slow down.. way down. Nothing around us. We stop and we go from a dig. He honks 3 times and we launch. I got a decent launch. Slipped the clutch, did a decent job. But as soon as I get on it, it starts spinning. The Vette spins, but catches traction quick. I shift into second and spin half of second and then hook. As soon as I hook, I begin to pull. We take it up to 120, and im around 4 cars ahead. Maybe a little more. We go one more time, from a low 20mph roll. I honk 3 times and take off. This time as soon as I hit 3rd he lets off and falls wayyy back. We turn around and head back to town. He doesnt want to race anymore. Thats cool. I followed him back into town.

As we get into town and take an exit. He proceeds to tell me that he fucked up. I asked if its a stick or auto, he says its auto. He asks me what I have done to my car. I tell him a lid and cutout. He seems puzzled by what I said and asks, "is it a V8?" I tell him, "its the same motor thats in your car" He says "oh..." He tells me he got the car sunday. Which I believe because it still has the paper plates. He says he need to get used to it. I tell him thats cool, and ill race him when he gets used to the car. I tell him good race and go home.

About 10 minutes later I get a call from rastarajah (member on this board) asking me if I raced a vette tonight. I tell him I did, he proceeds to tell me that the Vette driver claims he smoked me. I tell rastarajah the story and tells the guy in the vette that he is talking to me on the phone. I challenged him again, but this time with rastarajah as the camera guy. The guy admits defeat and says "yea the Camaro won.."

Ill have footage of our future race in the next coming week or so
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn very nice, all i have is a lid and cutout, are u serious that is all i need to beat a C5
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love the uneducated vette drivers. No offense to the educated ones, but I love the ones with the "It's a vette, you shouldn't even THINK of racing ME" attitude. Good double kill...won the race and then beat down a liar.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I just love the uneducated vette drivers. No offense to the educated ones, but I love the ones with the "It's a vette, you shouldn't even THINK of racing ME" attitude. Good double kill...won the race and then beat down a liar.
There's trouble! What up D!!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Typical of many vette drivers think there cars can smoke anything even the onces driving around in L98's yea I better watch out 245 horse.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaseyEaterMach1
Typical of many vette drivers think there cars can smoke anything even the onces driving around in L98's yea I better watch out 245 horse.
Damn, I get that from every ricer and about every stang I run into on the street. I get the "I'll show him how to drive" attitude even when I'm in the lowly C6 Z. The vette drivers though, usually won't race at all.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:19 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by M3Corvette
There's trouble! What up D!!
Bumpin' along, man...bumpin' along... wadin' through the crap...

How ya been?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

Damn, I get that from every ricer and about every stang I run into on the street. I get the "I'll show him how to drive" attitude even when I'm in the lowly C6 Z. The vette drivers though, usually won't race at all.
"Ricer" and "Stang" in the same sentence...ouch.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Good kill! Race him again and get that vid posted up ASAP!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
damn very nice, all i have is a lid and cutout, are u serious that is all i need to beat a C5
The cars are pretty evenly matched. Plus it was a convertible, so his weight advantage goes out the window. It was most likely a 2.73 auto. So I taxed that *** by a good distance. I think it would of been more interesting if it was a 6 speed. But then again, a lot of vette drivers cant drive.

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
Good kill! Race him again and get that vid posted up ASAP!
Your wish is my command!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

lowly huh? ill trade ya
Old 04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Teching In

lol nice kill
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Bumpin' along, man...bumpin' along... wadin' through the crap...

How ya been?
Busy as hell dude. Hows Steph doing. Is she getting through all that crap?

Ordered another C6 Z and I'm going to make the 2006 C6 Z a track only car, and mod the 2007 to about 500 RWHP and use it on the street only. Later D. Scott
Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shiv15
lowly huh? ill trade ya
Car looks great dude. I owned about 8 Camaro SS's and a few TA WS6's. Loved them all. You have the best color for that car by the way!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
9 Second Club

Busy as hell dude. Hows Steph doing. Is she getting through all that crap?

Ordered another C6 Z and I'm going to make the 2006 C6 Z a track only car, and mod the 2007 to about 500 RWHP and use it on the street only. Later D. Scott
Busy? yea, I can relate. Steph is doing ok, I guess . Sold her E obviously... oh well.

Damn. You and your vettes. How many you have now? Like 20 or something? Take care, Scott...Hope to see you blow by me on the highway some time.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Launching!

You pulled a stock 2.73 geared c5 that probaly trapps around 104-105 mph in your modded manual camaro that trapps 109 mph.

No biggie and you should have pulled him in my book ( BTW convertable c5's weigh exactly the same as the coupes)

Now go race a bone stock manual C5 that trapps 109 mph bone stock and beat him..Then you got somthing worth talking about..

then hunt down a C5 that has similar mods as you and beat him. Then you got somthing worth bragging about..

(BTW) make sure the c5 guy has the TC off and his car i (3) as opossed to (D) next time you race..

My car with the Traction control OFF and in 3 was faster than every bone stock fbody in a local club besideds one WS6 who tied my ET. And he was a manual.

This was when my car was a bone stock 2.73 geared auto C5
Old 04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
You pulled a stock 2.73 geared c5 that probaly trapps around 104-105 mph in your modded manual camaro that trapps 109 mph.

No biggie and you should have pulled him in my book ( BTW convertable c5's weigh exactly the same as the coupes)

Now go race a bone stock manual C5 that trapps 109 mph bone stock and beat him..Then you got somthing worth talking about..

then hunt down a C5 that has similar mods as you and beat him. Then you got somthing worth bragging about..

(BTW) make sure the c5 guy has the TC off and his car i (3) as opossed to (D) next time you race..

My car with the Traction control OFF and in 3 was faster than every bone stock fbody in a local club besideds one WS6 who tied my ET. And he was a manual.

This was when my car was a bone stock 2.73 geared auto C5
I will when I find one. Most likely he wont know how to race.

I've beaten a couple of C6's, I hope that impresses you, Mr "im better then you"

I dont know where you got the whole traction control thing. But he had it off. btw I have two mods. Im sure he will have the same mods soon, and ill still smack my bitch up.

The story was about cocky vette owners. Nothing against the car.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

keep taking them out
Old 04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

You Think im better than You????? Im Flattered. But sorry man. last time i checked i was a security guard. So you can throw that Im better than you shi* right out the window.

But I do KNOW that a C5 is faster than a fbody manual vrs manual. And in my stock c5's case. even stock 2.73 geared auto c5 vs stock mn6 fbody.

Just tjhink it's funny how you guys catergorize c5 drivers. it's a 45-52K car brand new and you can pick up a nice 97 for 15 grand no problem. Not exactly rich snobs driving C5's/C6's...

Now for a 65-80K C6Z06 you gotta have some halfway serious cash flow. But come on a C5?????The same guys driving Fbodys and Mustangs are usually the ones driving c5's as well. I sold my 04 C5 for 34 grand with heads and cam. You can probally find a 30K mile 2004 c5 for 30 grand now..Again..Rich people are not buying c5's. Their average guys like you and me. so stop with the stereo typing
Old 04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
The cars are pretty evenly matched. Plus it was a convertible, so his weight advantage goes out the window. It was most likely a 2.73 auto. So I taxed that *** by a good distance. I think it would of been more interesting if it was a 6 speed. But then again, a lot of vette drivers cant drive.

Your wish is my command!
Yea I am still trying to get my permit