Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

00 Z28 vs. Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 00 Z28 vs. Mustang

It was a late cool Friday night and I was heading up the viaduct to go see my sis and her bf to go have a few beers. I notice a shined up white stang with black rims creep beside me. I give my Z a rev and he stays beside me. I figure he doesn't want anything to do with the Z so i get in the turning lane after I miss my turn and I see he does the same a block down the road with no intention of turning. I see he wants to go so we cross the river still on the 4-lane and we line up going about 40-50 give or take. I give the signal and he gets a little jump on me and then pulls by me by about 2 cars. I'm thinking wtf? We go one more time and again he gets a head start. I notice my A4 didn't shift down for me so I didn't have it wide open. I signal for him to flip a bitch and we talk for a few minutes. Turns out he's owned several camaro's, mostly lt1's and says he's run a 10.9 in the past with an lt1. So I'm thinking wtf is he doing in a Stang. He says he just purchased it and we tell each other all we got is exhaust and he has a 5 speed. I tell him one more try and we head back towards town. We start at about 15-20mph give or take and I get a little loose and gain a 1/2 car on him. I get up to about 55 and get loose again. By the time I'm at 60 I got prolly one car on him and still pullin' hard. Just an estimate by the time I'm at 100 I notice he gave up so i slow way down and then we talked as we drove and he said he was just babying it. I'm not sure if he was BS'in, but I'm counting it as a kill in my book. It was GT 03-04. Not sure, forgot to ask. Cool guy.

Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-08-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little confused... your A4 wasn't downshifting because you didn't go WOT?.... I don't mean to be an *** I am just confused.

Good kill?.. death?... i dont know
Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fibbado

I'm a little confused... your A4 wasn't downshifting because you didn't go WOT?.... I don't mean to be an *** I am just confused.

Good kill?.. death?... i dont know
Yea basically I didn't go WOT the first two times. Honestly, I didn't think I would need to. The car is still new to me. I got a lot to learn. I gave it all I had the 3rd run though.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know of a couple of stangs out in omaha that will dust ya...especially a silver one thats a vert...sounds like you had some fun
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Yea basically I didn't go WOT the first two times. Honestly, I didn't think I would need to. The car is still new to me. I got a lot to learn. I gave it all I had the 3rd run though.

I don't think 03-04 GT's are so slow that you can get away with not even going WOT, especially with just some exhaust work on an A4 car. Sounds like he was a cool guy though.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crazboy99
i know of a couple of stangs out in omaha that will dust ya...especially a silver one thats a vert...sounds like you had some fun
I wasn't in omaha when this went down. I'm sure there's a lot of stang's that could own. All I got is a full exhaust. But yea good times.

Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-08-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like your Z28 is haing some problems? you should have smoked that 03-04 GT unless he's on spray,blower or turbo!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
sounds like your Z28 is haing some problems? you should have smoked that 03-04 GT unless he's on spray,blower or turbo!
So I should of been ahead by more than a car length by the time I hit 55-60? After that i couldn't see him anymore and just watched the road till i hit 100 and I seen him way back there maybe 75 ft. or so. So i knew he gave up and I shut it down at about 110. Probably should of went one more time I guess.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a late cool Friday night and I was heading up the viaduct to go see my sis and her bf to go have a few beers. I notice a shined up white stang with black rims creep beside me. I give my Z a rev and he stays beside me. I figure he doesn't want anything to do with the Z so i get in the turning lane after I miss my turn and I see he does the same a block down the road with no intention of turning. I see he wants to go so we cross the river still on the 4-lane and we line up going about 40-50 give or take. I give the signal and he gets a little jump on me and then pulls by me by about 2 cars. I'm thinking wtf? We go one more time and again he gets a head start. I notice my A4 didn't shift down for me so I didn't have it wide open. I signal for him to flip a bitch and we talk for a few minutes. Turns out he's owned several camaro's, mostly lt1's and says he's run a 10.9 in the past with an lt1. So I'm thinking wtf is he doing in a Stang. He says he just purchased it and we tell each other all we got is exhaust and he has a 5 speed. I tell him one more try and we head back towards town. We start at about 15-20mph give or take and I get a little loose and gain a 1/2 car on him. I get up to about 55 and get loose again. By the time I'm at 60 I got prolly one car on him and still pullin' hard. Just an estimate by the time I'm at 100 I notice he gave up so i slow way down and then we talked as we drove and he said he was just babying it. I'm not sure if he was BS'in, but I'm counting it as a kill in my book. It was GT 03-04. Not sure, forgot to ask. Cool guy.
Race 1= you lost by 2
Race 2= you lost because of trans/not WOT
Race 3= you ahead by 1

How is this a kill?

Sounds like a good time anyway.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazboy99
I know a few F-bodies in SC that will dust YOU. Who gives a **** if you know someone will dust him. Somebody always has something faster.
Good runs to the OP. Don't ever underestimate, WOT or no Throttle!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
I know a few F-bodies in SC that will dust YOU. Who gives a **** if you know someone will dust him. Somebody always has something faster.
Good runs to the OP. Don't ever underestimate, WOT or no Throttle!
Yeah, you gotta be pretty damn cocky to not think you have to go WOT...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

So I should of been ahead by more than a car length by the time I hit 55-60? After that i couldn't see him anymore and just watched the road till i hit 100 and I seen him way back there maybe 75 ft. or so. So i knew he gave up and I shut it down at about 110. Probably should of went one more time I guess.
No that seems about right.. Your LS1 will pull hard once past 60mph. Most cars run well 0 to 60 but die down after that. AKA a stock WRX was build to have a great 0 to 60 time, but after that it's geared as a normal sedan (the suck). Most people shopping for a new car only see the numbers and a car that can out 0 to 60 a vette sounds fast when the truth is once past 60mph that vette is going to blow by you.

Good kill/death
Old 04-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

I go WOT, or not at all, hard to believe someone wouldn't go wot if they didn't know exactly what they were racing.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by L67toLS1
I go WOT, or not at all, hard to believe someone wouldn't go wot if they didn't know exactly what they were racing.
Hehe just got a kick out of your avatar. I love signs like that.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why in the hell would openly compete in a street race and not go WOT? I mean I would play with cars on the street giving partial throttle in my Mustang, but it was built/blown with 500rwhp. Your stock A4 isn't that much of a bruiser to play that game. Good kill/death or whatever happened
Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

I mess with ricers at partial throttle, well basically I just shift really early and make it look like i go through a bunch of gears and stay side by side with them lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well whatever some of u might think I did fine even without WOT and I beat him when I wanted to, and we had fun while doing it. Not like we were racing for money, just out for a good time.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, as long as you had fun. Kill or death, its all good.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

when you said viaduct I had to look over and read where you were from. STAY AWAY FROM TUCKEY! I didn't even realize you were from Omaha till I read that.

Just got er eh? Well if you ever feel like some company playin around the area, shoot me a pm. I'm actually just a step behind you, but will be getting headers here before fall.

Hmm, thing I saw that same GT over in South O a few days ago. Didn't bother to flip a b*tch cause I was at a light. I hate when people do that just to show off.

Good story though.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

This was in Columbus, but I'm sure there are a 20 mustangs around here that fit that description. Who knows, maybe he lives in Omaha. But yea If you ever want to beat up on some mustangs, Columbo is the place. Don't get me wrong though, I've seen several saleen's there that could hold their own.