Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR or UMI Suspension Package???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR or UMI Suspension Package???????

I want to get a complete suspension handling package instead of mismatching parts. Want a good road race/street car. But everyone is directing me to ether the BMR HPP004 one ( http://www.bmrfabrication.com/4F-PACKAGES.htm ) or the one from UMI one ( http://www.umiperformance.com/FBR003?category_id=162 ) . witch should i go with? people are telling me this one is better or that one is better so i do not know witch one to get plzzzz help!!!! What are the proes or cons of each if any??? Thank you for your input
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 AM
On The Tree

There are really no draw backs with either package, and both are worth the money and the quality is pretty much identical. The UMI package comes with alot better shocks then the BMR, plus better springs imo, and lighter swaybars. For the 300 or 400 dollar differance i would go with the UMI package just because of the better shocks, koni's are worth it.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have UMI LCAs and PHR. also Stranos springs and KONIs. Go with UMI, they sell stranos springs, stranos bars and KONIs. KONIS ARE THEY BEST SHOCK FOR OUR CARS WITHOUT A DOUBT. I am amazed at how well my car handles with them.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

i would go with the umi stuff. sam strano does a lot with of things when it comes to handle and has helped them setup a real nice package deal. you'll get your moneys worth for what your looking to do.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

The UMI package there is far superior to the BMR package. It's more expensive true but you are getting Konis which Tokicos are not even in the same field as Konis. You're also getting a better balance of front/rear swaybar with the UMI. The other things like the rod/poly vs poly/poly PHB and the different springs will be personal preference.

Also, what do you mean by mismatching parts? Just because a parts vendor puts together a package, doesn't mean they put together the right parts. I think the Tokicos are probably a mismatch with the BMR springs. BMR should offer a Koni/BMR spring package. At that point the prices between packages will probably be similar.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Let me help you out. There are a lot of options available. And you don't necessarily need to buy a package. It depends on what you are after as a result, and for me to know that and to help you with a recommendation I'd need to speak to you by phone.

I took my packages down because we out of stock on some items for a few weeks (just being honest here). They are coming back in stock, but that doens't matter if you don't need all the part in a kit (and many folks don't). Even if you end up getting them all, doing a setup more methodically while not as good for the vendor (no single big sale) is usually better for the customer because you can see how each part works and makes the car drive better. And you can stop when you get to what makes you happy. You don't overbuy...

You see posts from others that are Strano Performance Parts customers. And I'm the only vendor here these days who actually turns corners. And in fact aside from results I have, and the customer's word of mouth we have articles about cars I've done complete with driving impressions and lap times too to show how the suspension work I do works.

Not every "package" is right for every person. I also sell Tokico, and Bilstein (and others)... not just Koni. If you want the best working car you can get, Koni's are the biggest key. Bigger than springs or bars, but those do have effects too.

I'd be happy to talk to you about options... and more importantly why I think the way I do and explain how the stuff works. What I'd recommend you do it call all the vendors you are thinking about, and talk to them. Ask questions, and see what questions they ask you.... Then you can make a better decision.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Teching In

hmm.... well... if u realy want me to call to get spacifics i will. If i doint then i think ill go with the UMI setup. And if i do call u wana talk to u spacificly, how can i reach u? I am still fairly new at working on cars and modifing them so i prefer to talk to people that realy know what they are talking about then just assuming anyhting Thx for the responses everyone mutch appreciated.

So... wares that phone # Sam Strano?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The phone number in in my signature....

And if you want a setup that suits *you* best, then it's best to talk about what you want, and what you know. Parts are used to do a job, if the job doesn't need done why have the part?

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Teching In

good point, well then ill probibly call u soon to talk about it. cant wait, wana kick the crap out of my freinds dads ZO6 hehehe
Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zureal
I want to get a complete suspension handling package instead of mismatching parts. Want a good road race/street car. But everyone is directing me to ether the BMR HPP004 one ( http://www.bmrfabrication.com/4F-PACKAGES.htm ) or the one from UMI one ( http://www.umiperformance.com/FBR003?category_id=162 ) . witch should i go with? people are telling me this one is better or that one is better so i do not know witch one to get plzzzz help!!!! What are the proes or cons of each if any??? Thank you for your input

a witch...but go UMI
Attached Thumbnails BMR or UMI Suspension Package???????-b411bb513bbdc7f8.jpg  
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

bla! spelling