Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Damage Ran over unmarked Island

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension Damage Ran over unmarked Island

So on saturday nite I was driving home wen all the sudden booom my air bags deploy and I was like what the F**k did i just hit ? Come to find out it was a crosswalk island that was not properly marked with reflective paint or a Refelctive markers anyways it just totalled my suspension it has a bent frame were the K member pushed it back it looks bad , busted Oil pan , rack and pinion gone, coolant reservoir gone and it needs LCA basically everything on front clip but on one side only NO BODY DAMAGE wat so ever to the front which i thought was a miracle wew!!! So what are my options fellas what should I go with a whole new K member Kit ??? I have a claim against the DOT of san jose for not having proper safety relectors on it. So the next day I go to take pics and guess what the freakn curb is painted fresh I was like what the hell you gotta be kidding me. I guess they must of seen all the oil and coolant and said damn we better paint this before somebody sues us ???? So I went to the DOT they said get an estimate and all info and submit and they will investigate it they said I have a really good claim so it should get fixed. All info would be so helpful at this sad time PLEASE HELP thanks fellas.....BB
Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Default yo yo yo

Any Suggestions fello FBody owners??? I know atleast a handful have been thru this torment hahahahahahaha HELPPPP Maybe a BMR kmember KIT???? ................BB
Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Launching!

TTT bueller bueller.....................LoL
Old 01-29-2009, 07:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension Issues!!!!!!!!!

Hello Benny,
WOW sorry to hear about you car..... But think about it this way! Now you have the chance to put a better suspension under the vehicle and get better performance with it as well. IF you are interested feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to get you started in the right direction.
Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. I thought i did something similar the other day, but i ended up being a big more fortunate than you, sorry to hear about that though. If i didnt just get layed off i would be buying a road race k member from Brad over at UMI. But i guess ill hafta wait awhile to do that.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, unless your building a 1/4 mile car only, I'd stick with a stock K-member and stock lower control arms, especially for street use. They are very strong and durable and you never have to worry again. Plus, I doubt you'd want to dial in an aggressive camber, caster or toe setting for a street driven car unless you can afford replacing tires, which is where the real benefit comes from the aftermarket control arms and K-members. Do a search on this board and others for aftermarket K-members and Control arms. There is a lot of good information out there.

I'd recommend putting your money into springs, shocks and bushings. And since you have to replace the pan, look for a road race baffle pan, that might be a nice durability upgrade for you.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello Benny,
WOW sorry to hear about you car..... But think about it this way! Now you have the chance to put a better suspension under the vehicle and get better performance with it as well. IF you are interested feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to get you started in the right direction.
Thanks Again!
Brad

Thanks i will be in touch I will call you monday afternoon thanks buddy...BB
Old 02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Regular

Do you have pictures of the unpainted crosswalk island?

Quick Reply: Suspension Damage Ran over unmarked Island