Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA Shock install

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Koni SA Shock install

Can't reach SAM on the phone.

Am installing the front Koni SA adjustable yellow shocks along with Sam's lowering springs. There is a big flat washer for each shock.

My question is whether the washer goes between the shock hat and lower end of the rubber piece or on top of the rubber piece under the nut that holds the rubber piece to the top of the shock. Washer was on top when I removed but that appears to be wrong - I didn't install the first time - son did.

Do the spring ends point fore and aft or doesn't it matter.

Anyone have issues with the white paint on the springs- mine is flaking off like crazy. Just barely touch the paint and it flakes off. Are these not powder coated. Power coated is usually pretty durable.

BTW did a search and found no pics - although lots of install pics - none address this question for the flat washers.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Can't reach SAM on the phone.

Am installing the front Koni SA adjustable yellow shocks along with Sam's lowering springs. There is a big flat washer for each shock.

My question is whether the washer goes between the shock hat and lower end of the rubber piece or on top of the rubber piece under the nut that holds the rubber piece to the top of the shock. Washer was on top when I removed but that appears to be wrong - I didn't install the first time - son did.

Do the spring ends point fore and aft or doesn't it matter.

Anyone have issues with the white paint on the springs- mine is flaking off like crazy. Just barely touch the paint and it flakes off. Are these not powder coated. Power coated is usually pretty durable.

BTW did a search and found no pics - although lots of install pics - none address this question for the flat washers.
Heres where the washer goes.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is no washer that goes under the top nut that holds the mount to the shock.

Kris
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. Now I can go back to work and install these.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Thanks for the quick response. Now I can go back to work and install these.
No problem, any other questions feel free to ask.

Kris
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I work 11-7 ET. I'm here now. I haven't gotten to voicemail if you left a message. If you didn't, I can know you need help.

This is why I ask all my customers to call me a few days before the install the dampers. As much as I'd love it, I can't answer every phone call right when you call (just too busy). A day or two gives us time to get together.

The others answered this particular question correctly fwiw.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I work 11-7 ET. I'm here now. I haven't gotten to voicemail if you left a message. If you didn't, I can know you need help.

This is why I ask all my customers to call me a few days before the install the dampers. As much as I'd love it, I can't answer every phone call right when you call (just too busy). A day or two gives us time to get together.

The others answered this particular question correctly fwiw.
Sam,

What about the white paint question? I have the same problem. Can I just shoot some semi-gloss black or flat black spray paint over them?

Quick Reply: Koni SA Shock install