Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

opinions on KYB adjustable shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on KYB adjustable shocks

im in need of new shocks and springs, so i was thinking about trying these and maybe some strano springs, what are your setups like?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got kyb's on the front with stockers in the rear and some super springs the car does ride a little harsher but I also have bad front tires and havent gotten an alignment yet. Im getting all that taken care of and some konis for the rear soon enough. However one of my kybs no longer adjust; the **** just spins all the way around so that is a complaint I have. If you do get them just dont lower your car too much.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stay away from KYB's good for imports not for heavy cars. Buddy of mine bought a set when is decarbons went because of the price and after on stopped adjusting and the other front busted traded them for some of Sam's revalved bilstiens. Night and day difference save the money for somthing worth it. Revalved Bilstiens or Koni's
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

what about the none adjustable kyb's gas a just?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

those aren't even in the same realm as these other shocks, they are dirt cheap for a reason.

I wouldn't consider anything below AGX
Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

alright thanks for the input, but it doesnt really matter right now because my car just got totaled due to a gu smoking me in the rearend earlier and then pushing me into another guy
Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

I have AGX's in the back and love em. Strange Coilovers in the front though
Old 03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have agxs all around, im truely really happy with them. at the same time ive only got about 1500 miles on them so i can vouch for how long they last.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cody161
alright thanks for the input, but it doesnt really matter right now because my car just got totaled due to a gu smoking me in the rearend earlier and then pushing me into another guy
sorry to hear that

but to your question I run AGX's with a lowering spring on my DD and think they are just fine for the price
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

I'm running the KYB AGX w/ the Eibach Pro-Kit. I'm liking the ride comfort so far.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had kyb agx all around on stock shocks and it was very good but when i lowered my car on stranos the rears started to feel real bumpy/jumpy on mostly any road. i messed with the settings with no help at all.

this past saturday i replace the rears with konis and now it rides really really good. i still have kyb's in the front and they are doing a good job.

i will add though that i did add relocation brackets this past saturday when i put in the konis so maybe i needed to have them on the kyb's so it wouldnt have felt jumpy.

all in all kyb agx are good for the price but now i see why koni's get all the hype here on tech
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bobbyd
I had kyb agx all around on stock shocks and it was very good but when i lowered my car on stranos the rears started to feel real bumpy/jumpy on mostly any road. i messed with the settings with no help at all.

this past saturday i replace the rears with konis and now it rides really really good. i still have kyb's in the front and they are doing a good job.

i will add though that i did add relocation brackets this past saturday when i put in the konis so maybe i needed to have them on the kyb's so it wouldnt have felt jumpy.

all in all kyb agx are good for the price but now i see why koni's get all the hype here on tech
Relo brackets wouldn't have made a difference with ride quality. Since one **** controls both compression and rebound on KYB's then you probably could never find a real good comprimise between optimal compression and rebound setting, and the ride quality was sacrificed.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Relo brackets wouldn't have made a difference with ride quality. Since one **** controls both compression and rebound on KYB's then you probably could never find a real good comprimise between optimal compression and rebound setting, and the ride quality was sacrificed.
thats what i though...thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Sportline kit on my car with KYB AGX (adjustables) on all 4.

For the money, you cant beat the ride....and simply by adjusting them by the turn of the **** its a night and day difference. Couldnt be happier and they handle great.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have them with Strano springs and so far they're awesome. A lot smoother than my old Monroe shocks

Quick Reply: opinions on KYB adjustable shocks