Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA Relocation bracket success.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LCA Relocation bracket success.

I know relocation brackets work. On the stock 10 bolt, my car had awesome 60fts but they would not bolt onto my Moser 9"... I was hoping it would "be okay." WRONG.

First track day...Horrible wheel hop, no better than a 1.71 60ft. So, this brings us to tonight. I installed some LCA relocation brackets.

Same weather, same car setup, everything the same except for the relocation brackets.

1.71 60ft to a 1.45 60ft...NOT TOO BAD!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is a heck of a gain. i wish that i could tell a difference. i went from all stock suspension to a tunnel mounted torque arm, LCA's, relocation brackets, kyb agx shocks, and strano springs. i still hook way worse than my stock setup but i have a feeling that is because i also put in a stall at the same time. i wasn't sure if it is that or if the strano springs are not hooking for me or if something else isn't right... nice times to say the least.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the gain.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks again

Hello
Its great to hear that everything turned out well for you at the track and you are satisfied with the relocations brackets. And thanks again for your business.....You did get them welded right?
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Its great to hear that everything turned out well for you at the track and you are satisfied with the relocations brackets. And thanks again for your business.....You did get them welded right?
Thanks
Brad
Yes, a friend of mine did it for me..and did a real good job at it too!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Wow. Thats a pretty good gain. What hole did you run your lca's in? I just put some in mine and havent had a chance to drive it yet. I ran on full slicks last time out for the first time and cut some 1.62's. Couple times I broke them loose but I think I had a bad tire guage, I had to borrow a friends cause evidently mine was waaaay off.. I am curious to see if mine will improve any. The last few runs I had it felt pretty good coming out of the hole, not sure if I will see a gain
Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

The bottom hole.

I'm using MT ET Street Radials with about 18-20psi in them...

3.50 gears and revving up to about 2300rpm then flooring it.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

I drove mine today with them in and I must say I am pretty impressed on the street. Went for a spirited drive and punched it in 2nd and it didnt break loose till the instant I pushed the clutch at about 6k. Used to a punch in 2nd would just roast them. I was on street tires too which really put a smile on my face
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Fun isn't it!

Originally Posted by taws6m6
I drove mine today with them in and I must say I am pretty impressed on the street. Went for a spirited drive and punched it in 2nd and it didnt break loose till the instant I pushed the clutch at about 6k. Used to a punch in 2nd would just roast them. I was on street tires too which really put a smile on my face
It's like driving a whole new vehicle! Glad you like the product. If you have any other questions or problems leave me know and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I have relocation brackets and new LCAs on mine. I still seem to break loose, although the wheel hop is gone. Is there something I'm missing here? It's set up on the bottom hole.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I have relocation brackets and new LCAs on mine. I still seem to break loose, although the wheel hop is gone. Is there something I'm missing here? It's set up on the bottom hole.
No your not missing anything it's really in the tires you have. The brackets will help you on the track and street with traction and wheel hop, but to some extent you still need a good tire to hook up.

After Putting my brackets in I noticed that the rear end felt alot more solid. Now if I do spin there is no wheel hop and its like the rear end is planted better than before. I can't wait to try them out on the track with my new gears and ET Street DR's.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
No your not missing anything it's really in the tires you have. The brackets will help you on the track and street with traction and wheel hop, but to some extent you still need a good tire to hook up.
He's right! A good set of tires will take it to the next level!
Thanks
Brad