Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

slp line lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp line lock

I have been wanting to get one but dont know how good they really are. anybody want to help me out and tell me what you think
Old 03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are one option among others. Personally, I feel our kits include more sophisticated designs and options out of all on the market. We've been producing kits since the mid 90's.

Give us a call if you have further questions or concerns.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Teching In

how well does ur kit hold up with. I would think thats alot of pressure when ur doing a burnout
Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

i have the slp and have no complaints so far
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Teching In

so u after u get done with ur burn out u just flip the switch and it realeases the brakes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just installed one today but it didnt come with instructions on how to use it
Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Using one and only one non-momentary switch as the activation circuit is not only not track legal, it is unsafe and an accident waiting to happen. This is not just an opinion of mine.

Our circuit utilizes two switches. The first switch when activated illuminates a remote mount LED to let you know the circuit is live. Once active, you use the momentary button to control the solenoid. When not in use, switching the master toggle switch deactivates the circuit. This circuit designed reduces accidental deployment and adds to longevity of the solenoid. It also visually lets you know when it is ready to be use via LED feedback.

I'm scratching my head as to why question brake pressure and any of our solenoids used. We've got a variety of setups, you can either choose our solenoids or Hurst style solenoids. Both are capable of pressures up to ~3000psi. A normal braking system is typically 1k-1.5K psi. All of our solenoids are rebuildable. SLP to my knowledge does not offer this option. As previously discussed regarding circuit design, this can be one problems as to why customers have dead solenoids.

If you feel more comfortable using another manufactures product, then stick to what makes you feel best. I am merely pointing out differences for you to consider. The only thing I can do is offer you support and reasons to why our products can be a better solution. I would be happy to earn your business.

All kits are in stock and ship within 24 business hours.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Teching In

well how much is one of ur kits
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

I don't know what year your car is, nor do I know what kit you're interested in. As discussed, we've got quite a variety of styles.

Look on our website according to your car to determine the kit that you'd like. Prices are listed.

To start you in the right direction assuming you had an LS1 you can go directly to http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_...%20Lock%20Kits
Old 03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive had the SLP line lock for years and never had a prob. I have 560RWHP and ive done countless burnouts, even ones that lasted 2-3 minutes I hooked it up to a fog light switch and put it next to the other fog light switch on the dash and it looks great. All you do it push the break down flip the switch on do your burn out and flip the switch and your done and you drive off.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 AM
FormerVendor

To all users who use a non-momentary switch as a primary control (especially not using an additional master switch) this is not a safe design nor will it pass track tech.

There is no sense in arguing solenoids and which one is better than another. Moroso, Hurst, ours others...the sole function is hold pressure. Little to zero differences will be seen from one style to another. We offer a variety of styles using different solenoid combination's for people who prefer one style over another for each persons tastes. What makes one manufactures kit shine over another is the circuit and configuration design, control and function of the unit.

I feel we surpass all others on the market. Ours is the most complete and comes preassembled insomuch as no thread sealant is needed, two controlling switches with remote LED down to the included firewall grommet.

Side note, never run any solenoid for extended periods of time. You will burn the coil out or at minimum shorten the life of the unit.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

I have the SLP kit also. And wish I went with SJM. I will be doing so soon. Yes having one switch is not safe. I had the SLP since 2004. And had the silinoid stick in the closed posistion, and it should come with a led or something to tell you the circuit is live. its easy to install. As long as you are mechanically inclined. SLPs instructions sux. They are over priced for what you get. It is a staight bolton. But in long run go with SJM. Unless you are wanting SLPs stuff then why ask. Even if hidden. stuff happens and can activate line lock how SLP has set up.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
To all users who use a non-momentary switch as a primary control (especially not using an additional master switch) this is not a safe design nor will it pass track tech.

I feel we surpass all others on the market. Ours is the most complete and comes preassembled insomuch as no thread sealant is needed, two controlling switches with remote LED down to the included firewall grommet.

Side note, never run any solenoid for extended periods of time. You will burn the coil out or at minimum shorten the life of the unit.
I did not know this Maybe I should change it. Thanks for the info
Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

i thought the thread was about the SLP line lock not the SJM line lock
Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

^^^The OP just asked for opinions bud, and SJM just told the OP the differences good/bad.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just trying to stir **** up sorry
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Understandable about wanting to know about the SLP linelock. Its a easy install very few tools needed. once you get it you will see its an easy install. Just supplied instructions and pics sux. You can place the activtion switch anywhere you want. it comes with a prebent line and all wiring and solinoid.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Teching In

when i started the thread i thought slp was the only one who made it but i was wrong lol. i think im gonna go with sjm for the long run ive had alot of ppl pm me and saying that thats the best way to go
Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by briancox
when i started the thread i thought slp was the only one who made it but i was wrong lol. i think im gonna go with sjm for the long run ive had alot of ppl pm me and saying that thats the best way to go
Thanks for your business and support. Funny thing apparently, SLP liked our front mount designs as their line configuration appears to be almost exactly the same. That's where the similarities end.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Just got my SJM today looks like a easy install. Let ya know tomorrow.

Quick Reply: slp line lock