Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wheel hop

okay so last night I hit the gas harder then I normally do and noticed I had a bit of wheel hop

currently I have KYB AGX Struts and Shocks, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Suspension Techniques Swaybars (1 3/8th in. Front, 1 in. Rear) with Poly Bushings and Endlinks.

could the setting on the AGX's be the cause?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
I noticed that you are having wheel hop issues! It is very possible that the setting might need adjusted. But if you are running stock lower control arms (that flex) and the bushings are shot as well. It is very possible for that to cause it as well. The best bang for the $ is look into a set of lower control arm relocation brackets. They allow you to relocate the lower control arm more parallel to the ground eliminating any wheel hop issues and increases your traction performance. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_138

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UMI bolt-on relocation brackets greatly reduced my traction problems after lowering my car. Get some.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBz28
okay so last night I hit the gas harder then I normally do and noticed I had a bit of wheel hop

currently I have KYB AGX Struts and Shocks, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Suspension Techniques Swaybars (1 3/8th in. Front, 1 in. Rear) with Poly Bushings and Endlinks.

could the setting on the AGX's be the cause?

Hello, your wheel hop issues are due to your lower control arms and the lack of relocation brackets. We have several different styles of both. Take a look at our site and let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails wheel hop-cab2-thumb.gif   wheel hop-cab001-small.jpg   wheel hop-tca004hsmall.jpg   wheel hop-mtca001rsmall.jpg   wheel hop-mtca003rsmall.jpg  

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

lower control arms are essential to eliminate wheel hop.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

My car is not lowered and I was having wheel hop problems. Installed the BMR lower control arms which did nothing for the wheel hop. Then tried their relocation brackets. Those cured the wheel hop 100% and provided better traction too. IMO, do the relo brackets first.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm lowered on Strano springs with relocation brackets, adj rod/rod lcas, adj rod/rod phb, and I still have wheel hop. It all started after I installed the Monster clutch and the hop only occurs shifting at WOT. I don't have an upgraded torque arm yet but I would put my bets on the torque arm to stop it.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
I'm lowered on Strano springs with relocation brackets, adj rod/rod lcas, adj rod/rod phb, and I still have wheel hop. It all started after I installed the Monster clutch and the hop only occurs shifting at WOT. I don't have an upgraded torque arm yet but I would put my bets on the torque arm to stop it.

What hole do you have the control arms in? A torque arm will help some. Give me a call at the office and i can help you get you car dialed in.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's on the lowest setting and I've tried putting the arms on a higher setting. I'm sure my pinion angle is off but haven't noticed because the stock clutch was slowing slipping and taking the slack. Thanks BMR for helping. I won't contact you yet because I'm hookin and bookin.