Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm relocation kit

I wanted to know if it really necessary to get a torque arm relocation kit when replacing the factory torque arm.I dont drag race and never beat on it with hard launches.So I am just wondering if replacing the factory torque arm will be fine without the kit.

One last thing.On a lowered car is it necessary to get the adjustable one or will the non-adjustable thats set at -2 degrees be ok.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
I dont drag race and never beat on it with hard launches
then why the need for an adj tq arm?

I would spend the $ on the relocation kit and keep your stock tq arm
Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
I wanted to know if it really necessary to get a torque arm relocation kit when replacing the factory torque arm.I dont drag race and never beat on it with hard launches.So I am just wondering if replacing the factory torque arm will be fine without the kit.

One last thing.On a lowered car is it necessary to get the adjustable one or will the non-adjustable thats set at -2 degrees be ok.
First off, let me say that I'm also offering the 15% off sale that UMI has ... good through Monday the 28th. Whatever you opt for, might as well take advantage and save a few bucks.

Stock TA's are weak, many more of those fail than do TA mounts on the transmission. I'd have to say TA first, TA bracket at the same time or later...

And I'd definitely do an adjustable TA. -2 angle is fixed and based on a stock height car. If you have any sort of pinion angle vibration issues you can't do anything about it on a fixed angle TA... you can with an adjustable.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The UMI unit is a nice piece, I run one in my car. Fitment is excellent and Sam Strano ^^^ knows what he is talking about. He'll guide you to the right decisions

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 12-28-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

The TA relocation kit isn't necessary, but the kit removes any stress on the trans tail, it's quiet, and the front TA mount is then mounted to a stronger and stationary mount assembly,which I found make a noticeable difference when launching (street or track).
IMO, I noticed a bigger difference with the relocation mount change then I did with changing the TA.
I would have to agree with InsaneAuto86 that the relocation kit, poly mount, and stock TA would offer you the most benefit right now.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 12-24-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Thankyou for all your opinions and some good advice.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
The UMI unit is a nice piece, I run one my car. Fitment is excellent and Sam Strano ^^^ knows what he is talking about. He'll guide you to the right decisions
Hello
Thanks for recommending UMI Performance! We do offer many styles depending on what transmission you are running. I always considered the relocation cross member like extra insurance rather than braking the mounting bracket off of the tail shaft. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...tlcf7usjev5d46

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

Not too much of a hijack, but does your Tunnel brace TA/DSL peice work with the SLP 3pt SFC's? I know it works with your SFC's, but I do want to get this unit for my SS.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure they will add comment but I've got the Kenny Brown DD and it does not interfere with it. They share the same bolt holes.

I'm also running Strano springs and bars with Konis's. Very happy with the combination, give Sam a call he'll get you on the right path
Old 12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you don't beat on the car and don't do hard launches i would leave the stock one in there.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cals400ex
if you don't beat on the car and don't do hard launches i would leave the stock one in there.
^ I'm with this guy... what do you need an aftermarket torque arm for on the street? Hell I race and still have my stock arm.

What kind of tires do you have? If your on cheap street tires, would an aftermarket arm even do anything noticeable?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rtr2001ss
Not too much of a hijack, but does your Tunnel brace TA/DSL peice work with the SLP 3pt SFC's? I know it works with your SFC's, but I do want to get this unit for my SS.
Hello
Yes our Tunnel Mounted Torque Arms will work just fine with the SLP 3 point SFC's. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cals400ex
I'ts not a DD but I would like to have upgraded parts knowing that when I do get on it from time to time I have the support I need.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Yes our Tunnel Mounted Torque Arms will work just fine with the SLP 3 point SFC's. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Thanks, I already pulled the trigger and bought one when the sale was on. If it didn't fit I was just going to do different SFC's, but you're saying it will work, and that makes it better.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rtr2001ss
Thanks, I already pulled the trigger and bought one when the sale was on. If it didn't fit I was just going to do different SFC's, but you're saying it will work, and that makes it better.
Hello
Great to hear! And thanks for choosing UMI Performance we appreciate your business.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Torque arm relocation kit