Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New ride height = new pinion angle???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New ride height = new pinion angle???

I put my back end back to stock ride height so I was wondering if that would mess with my pinion angle? Moved the LCA's back to the stock position in addition to stock springs so I wanted to check. Thanks!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

To the top for everyone who was on vacation. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm pretty sure it stays the same as the pinion angle is measured against the driveshaft angle and the pinion. They should both move together when adjustung ride height.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

no need to mess with it, because the pinion angle on our cars is done with the torque arm. If you have an adjustable torque arm, and you didn't change it, then you are still in good shape.

I have to ask though, why would you go back to stock height?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Wanted to make room for a True Dual setup. I know that I won't gain really anything since my motor is virtually stock and bolt ons, however, I am working back to front on the car. First came the bolt ons, then all of the suspension and rear end and now I have left the transmission and the motor.

Plus, as it stands now, I can't even back out of my driveway without dragging the exhaust. I am sure part of it is the Y-pipe appears to have a little sag to it, but I will have even less room with duals coming out the back. I love the look of the car, but I would rather not have to listen to the exhaust dragging every time I drive it.

It's OK...I am sure I will regret it later....
Old 06-02-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

One of the best things I've done so far was to increase the ride height, at least in the front. It looks mean when it's slammed, but the benifits you get when raising it are well worth it. Now if you were gonna throw some 24"s on it or something like that, it would be a different story....
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

what benefits do you see with raising the ride height? Other than having a little more ground clearance?

I have eibach pro-kit on my car and I fabricated my own true duals and I don't really have a problem anywhere with scraping. Only the occasional high speed bump scrape and thats about it.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99345hp
what benefits do you see with raising the ride height? Other than having a little more ground clearance?

I have eibach pro-kit on my car and I fabricated my own true duals and I don't really have a problem anywhere with scraping. Only the occasional high speed bump scrape and thats about it.
for one, you get more ground clearance, so you're not scraping on everything in sight....and also, you get more shock travel, which generally equates to a more comfortable ride, which can be more important on a daily driver than the "slammed" look.

Quick Reply: New ride height = new pinion angle???