Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Video: First shakedown C6 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Video: First shakedown C6 Grand Sport

http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=11

A little project (not it's not mine, but I get to drive it). Car belongs to Jason Burns the 2006 F-stock SCCA National Champion. You'll see me drive first, Jason second and his wife Heather is the final driver.

Posted for a few reasons... it's LS powered, Corvettes are another car I'm into (and have set up a number of the fastest autocross cars in the US). And you guys get to see a new car and a new view.

We have corner-weighted it, it's on Koni shocks, has a bigger front swaybar (though that will be changing again for yet another bar). Hoosier A6's, sized 295/30-18 front, 325/30-190 rear.... All work/parts/setup by Strano Performance Parts.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I think I'd throw up if I rode with you.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Nah... the trick is in looking ahead enough so nothing surprises you. Look down and yeah, you might be seeing your lunch for a second time!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why when I fill out my local autocross event registration, I always choose "no" to the question that asks if you are willing to be an instructor. I can't handle too many passenger runs
Old 11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

thanks sam......taco bell does taste better the second time
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by z28bryan
That's why when I fill out my local autocross event registration, I always choose "no" to the question that asks if you are willing to be an instructor. I can't handle too many passenger runs
I have to ride in upwards of 15 cars a day... some good drivers, some clueless. Sometimes you get your bell rung when they do something that makes no sense and you don't expect. I learned.... take some sort of motion sickness pill before the schools.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you thought the other one was fast, this one was .7 quicker... But I hit cones (3 as I recall). But you can see I'm a lot more aggressive, more my normal self. The previous link was me trying to be careful to get a clean run (I was, and I did).

http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php?VideoID=12

Old 11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice. Good reflexes required! I like the camera on the driver side -- makes you feel more like you are there. In the first video, was that everyone's first time on that particular course?

Slightly off topic, what is your dislike about your 4th Gen steering wheel? I noticed you have replaced it.

Also, what do you think of and have you ever tried these CG-Lock devices that lock the seatbelt in place? Good for autocross? I would imagine so, since it helps keep you planted, without say a 3-pt. harness.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Nice. Good reflexes required! I like the camera on the driver side -- makes you feel more like you are there. In the first video, was that everyone's first time on that particular course?

Slightly off topic, what is your dislike about your 4th Gen steering wheel? I noticed you have replaced it.

Also, what do you think of and have you ever tried these CG-Lock devices that lock the seatbelt in place? Good for autocross? I would imagine so, since it helps keep you planted, without say a 3-pt. harness.
The first video... I ran a 64.0, Jason (2nd driver) was 64.6, and Heather was 69.0. The second video I ran a 63.3 but it was dirty. If you want to see results you can find them here http://www.scca-susq.com/results/201...axresults.html

The videos you see are, as I recall all last runs (of 4). The second video I posted was my 2nd run (quickest raw time).

I replaced my wheel in the Camaro to save weight and get a slighly smaller diameter, also a better grip.

And yes, CGLocks work extremely well, we autocrossers have been using them since they came out..... They can be a little hard on the seatbelt material over the years, but they do an awesome job for a small device of holding you *** in place in the seat.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

I would feel comfortable riding with you sam and jason, but jason's wife just didn't look as smooth as you two guys. No offense she did a great job, but I'd much rather ride with one of the first two. Or I would probably loose my lunch LOL

I couldn't imagine riding with a stranger on a course like this or any other one for that matter. The track you were on doesn't look quite as complex as some of them that I have seen, but riding with someone that you have no idea if they can drive or not, is not for this guy. Props to you guys that can do that

BTW great vid, I too like the drivers side camera angle
Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I bought a CG lock from a local driver but never tried it yet. I should probably give it a shot sometime.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I bought a CG Lock a while back and forgot to install it...

Quick Reply: Video: First shakedown C6 Grand Sport