Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Keeping torque arm bushing in place. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping torque arm bushing in place. Help.

I've got an UMI torque are relocation cross member. Stock torque arm. I'm having a hell of a time keeping the bushing in place. Actually lost it while the car was on the trailer on the way home from my last event. Any tricks to keep it in place?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

I'm having the exact same same issue with my BMR crossmember.

What did you end up using to fix this?
I may try zipties or screw clamps to hold it there.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just ordered the UMI, I will keep that in mind when I install! I'd be interested to know what you used to secure.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So you guys are having an actual issue with the bushing sliding out of clamp with the torque arm relocation crossmember? Are you guys using the aluminum spacer that comes with our torque arm relocation crossmembers to take up some of the excessive space? Let me know because this should definitely not be happening.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
So you guys are having an actual issue with the bushing sliding out of clamp with the torque arm relocation crossmember? Are you guys using the aluminum spacer that comes with our torque arm relocation cross members to take up some of the excessive space? Let me know because this should definitely not be happening.
Yes. I've lost 2 already. I put the cross member on but could only adjust it to one setting because of my exhaust routing. The first time it pushed out was after 1500 miles of installation but I had a pretty good valve cover gasket leak so I blames it on over sprayed oil lubricating it. I fixed that and replaced the bushing and After about 2000 miles it fell out.

As far as the spacer, I'm not sure if it was installed originally or not, I remember seeing it at one time since you've reminded me. I'll see if I can find it around here. I assume it was desingned to lock the bushing in somehow?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blasko
Yes. I've lost 2 already. I put the cross member on but could only adjust it to one setting because of my exhaust routing. The first time it pushed out was after 1500 miles of installation but I had a pretty good valve cover gasket leak so I blames it on over sprayed oil lubricating it. I fixed that and replaced the bushing and After about 2000 miles it fell out.

As far as the spacer, I'm not sure if it was installed originally or not, I remember seeing it at one time since you've reminded me. I'll see if I can find it around here. I assume it was desingned to lock the bushing in somehow?

Thanks for the replies!
Yeah, that aluminum spacer keeps the torque arm bushing in place and keeps it from moving around. I could definitely see you having an issue over time if that aluminum spacer isn't installed. Check to see if that little aluminum spacers is in there and let me know.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Take a look under your car and see if you have the aluminum spacer. If it's missing, PM me and I'll see what I can get one over to you for. Should should solve the issue.

Also, are you using the Energy Suspension part number 3.1111?

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

I don't have the aluminum spacer. Also, I don't have the energy suspension bushing. I had a prothane poly mount.

When I looked up the energy suspension mount, I see how it has a lip to keep it from moving.

As far as the spacer, how thick was it? I could cut one on my CNC machine unless it'd be easier to grabbing from you guys.

Thanks Kevin
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I don't have the aluminum spacer. Also, I don't have the energy suspension bushing. I had a prothane poly mount.

When I looked up the energy suspension mount, I see how it has a lip to keep it from moving.

As far as the spacer, how thick was it? I could cut one on my CNC machine unless it'd be easier to grabbing from you guys.

Thanks Kevin

If you don't have that aluminum spacer than that could definitely be your problem, that little spacer takes up space so the torque arm bushing can't move around. If the Prothane bushing doesn't have that lip on the outside of the bushing I would swap over to the Energy Suspension torque arm bushing because that lip will also keep it in place.

That aluminum spacer is 1/8" thick and is a super simple design so it is something you could definitely make and if not give us a call and we can get you taken care of.

Kyle

Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Guys! I'll post up when I get it all in
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Guys! I'll post up when I get it all in
Most excellent! Good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Keeping torque arm bushing in place. Help.