Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how do you put in lowering springs with stock shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question how do you put in lowering springs with stock shocks?

I was just seeing if there is a site i could go to so see how this is done or one of you could breefly expain it to me. a friend and I are doing this tomarrow, we know how to do it I just want to make sure we got every thing right. Thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

This link might be of some help, http://www.ls1howto.com .
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mexican
lowering springs with stock shocks
Sure you want to do that?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

I got friends who have done that and it rides fine. I also read on here that some people have done the same and the ride was just as good.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Teching In

At the risk of inciting a war (that always seems to follow when someone suggests people have made a poor decision) you can't always listen to people who say "I found a cheap way to do .......and it's GREAT..looks great, handles great, no problems". The same argument is made for cutting springs, using BMW wheels with the wrong bolt pattern, using springs and shocks that are mismatched and many other 'shortcut' tricks. You can ALWAYS find somebody who will say they did something and it's fine. Will it work.....sure. Will it give the same performance as stock....probably not. Will it hold up to hard street or track use....doubtful. The vast majority of people on many of the online forums, while they have great intentions...have no idea what they are talking about. Take what people say on forums with a grain of salt....and THINK about things...make your own decision. You can't take everything said here or anywhere else as fact.

Originally Posted by Mexican
I got friends who have done that and it rides fine. I also read on here that some people have done the same and the ride was just as good.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Damn. Well, We have Bilsteins and Eibach on the Camaro SS and Hotchkis springs and stock struts and shocks on the T/A. I like the T/A alot better it can out handle the SS all day long. Have had no problems what so ever.

Will
Old 04-30-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SNAKSLYR
Damn. Well, We have Bilsteins and Eibach on the Camaro SS and Hotchkis springs and stock struts and shocks on the T/A. I like the T/A alot better it can out handle the SS all day long. Have had no problems what so ever.

Will

It appears your camaro is a 'vert. That alone may account for the difference.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Don't skimp on your shocks, you might get the stance you want, but in no way will the stock shocks keep up with the springs.

Quick Reply: how do you put in lowering springs with stock shocks?