Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotors and handling questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rotors and handling questions...

I have cross drilled up front and was told a while back when i put new pads on that i didnt have to turn them. Now i feel the slightest pulsing when i hit the brakes, i assume i'd have to turn the rotors but remembered being told not to turn crossdrilled...do i or do i not? And second, i just did LCA's and panhard rod to get rid of my wheel hop....the car has 1 inch lowering springs and i was told to do relocation brackets...i race 1/4mile more than i need handling around corners but do the brackets really make that big of a difference to be worth the 80 bucks and whatever it costs for someone to weld it? Thanks all.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A machine shop can usually "grind" cross drilled rotors. They are difficult to turn (I know a few have done it) but grinding is the correct way and it leaves the proper "non directional" finish.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackbird
A machine shop can usually "grind" cross drilled rotors. They are difficult to turn (I know a few have done it) but grinding is the correct way and it leaves the proper "non directional" finish.
Cool thanks man...would you happen to know another word for a machine shop?? I cant really find anything in CT here when i looked. Thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
Cool thanks man...would you happen to know another word for a machine shop?? I cant really find anything in CT here when i looked. Thanks
Try NAPA, many have a shop in the rear (not all, but many). Or ask your local parts guys who builds motors for them (where do they get blocks bored and cranks turned, balanced, etc, those are the guys you need). Look under fabrication, metal work, etc. There has to be one somewhere.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good, thanks!

Quick Reply: Rotors and handling questions...