Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear lca options

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default rear lca options

My car currently has a set of aftermarket lca's that were on it when i bought it and the bushings are shot so im looking at replacing them. I am looking into either getting a set of stock lca's and having the factory bushings replaced with new rubber bushings before i install them or i also have heard that bmr sells their lca's with the option to get rubber bushings which i may look into if it will be about the same price. Are there any other options out there for a daily driven car that at this point rarely sees the track?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

UMI 2015's are super popular. Strong, poly bushed, and inexpensive for a hand built US made piece of quality.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Our Poly/Poly on car adjustable LCA are very popular.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
My car currently has a set of aftermarket lca's that were on it when i bought it and the bushings are shot so im looking at replacing them. I am looking into either getting a set of stock lca's and having the factory bushings replaced with new rubber bushings before i install them or i also have heard that bmr sells their lca's with the option to get rubber bushings which i may look into if it will be about the same price. Are there any other options out there for a daily driven car that at this point rarely sees the track?
Any of our BMR lower control arms that have poly bushings can be had with rubber bushings. They are very quiet and are still a good improvement over the factory lower control arms. If you aren't set on rubber bushings, we also have the lower control arms with the poly bushings which are still pretty quite and offer better rear end control than the rubber bushings do.

If there is any way we can help you out just let us know.

Here are a couple pictures of our BMR lower control arms with rubber bushings and poly bushings:
Attached Thumbnails rear lca options-lca-rubber-bushings2.jpg   rear lca options-lca-rubber-bushings3.jpg   rear lca options-tca002h_1600.jpg   rear lca options-tca001h.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-25-2015, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Id go poly poly adjustable if it was me. Sure you can go fixed length but at some point you may end up needing the adjustment and have to buy again. My stockers bushings were fine so im not sure why yours were so messed up. I think I threw mine in the bushes in the wifes flower bed.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Id go poly poly adjustable if it was me. Sure you can go fixed length but at some point you may end up needing the adjustment and have to buy again. My stockers bushings were fine so im not sure why yours were so messed up. I think I threw mine in the bushes in the wifes flower bed.
my car has aftermarket lca's with poly bushings that were already installed and the previous owner never greased them i guess. By the time i realized i had them it was too late as they were already cracked and in bad shape. Been driving with them for a LONG time and now figure it is about time i do something about it.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Any of our BMR lower control arms that have poly bushings can be had with rubber bushings. They are very quiet and are still a good improvement over the factory lower control arms. If you aren't set on rubber bushings, we also have the lower control arms with the poly bushings which are still pretty quite and offer better rear end control than the rubber bushings do.

If there is any way we can help you out just let us know.

Here are a couple pictures of our BMR lower control arms with rubber bushings and poly bushings:
thats good to know....are they the same price with rubber bushings? Trying to stay away from poly cause i keep hearing that it makes the suspension bind...anyone know if this is true?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a street car, id stick with rubber ends. I had to call BMR to get their on car adjustable LCAs with rubber ends. If i could id get rid of all the poly bushings in my car.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For a street car I'd avoid poly. It resists the twist motions the LCAs go through too much IMO. I went Founders 3 piece poly as it seems to be a good happy medium as it is basically a type of spherical bushing but not noisy like a rod end can be. Plus, they cost me under $100 IIRC. Easier to do that than screw with pressing bushings into the stock arms.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
For a street car I'd avoid poly. It resists the twist motions the LCAs go through too much IMO. I went Founders 3 piece poly as it seems to be a good happy medium as it is basically a type of spherical bushing but not noisy like a rod end can be. Plus, they cost me under $100 IIRC. Easier to do that than screw with pressing bushings into the stock arms.
hmmm i may look into those as well
Old 09-28-2015, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for bind free suspension we offer Roto-Joints Fabricated at our UMI facility.Short for Rotational Joint the Roto-Joint allows 28 degrees of total rotation and unrestricted movement throughout the vehicles suspension. It is designed to work like a spherical rod end while maintaining streetable qualities of a softer bushing and designed to articulate and prevent suspension bind, and since the installed delrin race does not deflect like softer bushings, there is an improvement in traction and a significant reduction in wheel hop.The Roto-Joint is adjustable and 100% rebuildable. This means as the delrin race wears the adjuster ring can be tightened using the optional spanner wrench to apply tension to the ball. If the delrin race would ever wear completely it can be replaced easily.

If you need any info or pricing just let us know.

Craig

Last edited by UMI Sales; 09-28-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
thats good to know....are they the same price with rubber bushings? Trying to stay away from poly cause i keep hearing that it makes the suspension bind...anyone know if this is true?
Yeah, we can definitely get you taken care of with rubber bushings. I will tell you that the whole deal with poly bushings binding in lower control arms really gets blown out of proportion. Really the only time you will even notice the bind is if you are planning on doing any kind of serious handling stuff otherwise it is really a non-issue. We sell more LCAs with poly bushings than any other design and very rarely get any complaints with them, when we do it is a noise complaint that is generally fixed by lubing them.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
If your looking for bind free suspension we offer Roto-Joints Fabricated at our UMI facility.Short for Rotational Joint the Roto-Joint allows 28 degrees of total rotation and unrestricted movement throughout the vehicles suspension. It is designed to work like a spherical rod end while maintaining streetable qualities of a softer bushing and designed to articulate and prevent suspension bind, and since the installed delrin race does not deflect like softer bushings, there is an improvement in traction and a significant reduction in wheel hop.The Roto-Joint is adjustable and 100% rebuildable. This means as the delrin race wears the adjuster ring can be tightened using the optional spanner wrench to apply tension to the ball. If the delrin race would ever wear completely it can be replaced easily.

If you need any info or pricing just let us know.

Craig

I have these on ALL ends of my rear LCAs and panhard bar.
I LOVE these things as they do exactly what Craig has described above.

I only WISH that they made some which could be installed in the stock/factory FRONT upper and lower control arms!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

I went ahead and ordered the founders 3 piece poly lca's...really can't beat them for the price
Old 10-02-2015, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just follow the assembly directions carefully or you'll drive yourself nuts with air pockets lol.

Quick Reply: rear lca options