Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got LG control arms in the mail today

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got LG control arms in the mail today

And theyre a lot wider than I thought they would be. I was prepared to widen out the some stuff just a little, but damn. I cannot get these to fit at all on the rear end side. I have to dual rod ended light weight version and its no way im gona get thoes rod end spacers in without either getting the ends of the spacers milled at a machine shop, or taking heat to the mounting points. and im not too excited about the heat part. Anyone else have any imput on this.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

If they don't fit properly then return them, why should you have to modfie them or anything on your car just to make them work. Return them! JMO

Al
Old 06-19-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I imagine you were shipped the wrong spacers.

Call TODAY and talk with Lou or Louis about it. The team is leaving for Mid-Ohio tomorrow for a race.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

stang,
If you can't get it resolved before Lou heads out just have the spacers shortened. I did mine that way too and it worked great. The guy at the machine shop charged me $10 to do all four. Any shop with a lathe can do it for you.

For reference, mine were each 0.100" too long (of course this was for fitting them in the BMR relo brackets so it may be different for the stock attachment).
Old 06-19-2004, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill send you the proper set out monday, youll have them tuesday. Sorry about the mistake, we have a few new fellows in training.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, thoes are bad *** pieces by the way, I thought the UPS man gave me the wrong **** becasue the box weighed next to nothing. and so far everyone thats seen em drooled over them. These are bad *** and I should be looking to get the panhard rod under there soon.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

My spacers were too wide also. If I remember right,,,, I had to take around .125 of an inch off each spacer. I may be wrong on that but I do remember taking alot off, more than I thought was right. My previous LCAs were GW poly/ sperical and I figured that they were narrower than stock, allowing the mounting tabs to pinch in when I tightened the bolts. Nope,,,, I checked that buy trying out my old stockers and it slid right in. The LG spacer were just too wide.

No biggie,,, might have taken another hour or so to fix. I didn't get too awfully irritated though,,,,,, it is hotrodding and "Murphy" will visit from time to time.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:38 AM
Staging Lane

man i'm getting new LG Aluminum LCAs too and I hope i don't get the wrong spacers as well. I put regular LG LCAs on my Hawk 2 years ago and they were a bitch to get in but they did get in after several hours of cussing and banging. its hardly as fun as sex =\
Old 06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine were a tight fit, but I got em in there.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nesto
man i'm getting new LG Aluminum LCAs too and I hope i don't get the wrong spacers as well. I put regular LG LCAs on my Hawk 2 years ago and they were a bitch to get in but they did get in after several hours of cussing and banging. its hardly as fun as sex =\
Its worth it. Even though I recived the wrong spacers I would gladly do it all over again. This is top notch **** and I wouldnt put anything less on the car. So by all means do not hessitate to get these.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:42 PM
master of the "jack"stand

I have the poly/rod version. My spacers were also too wide. I carefully machined them myself...no problems yet.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Staging Lane

oh I already ordered them, in fact they arrived today =) BUT i can't put them on my car til late next week cuz a fat *** dent on my pass. rear quarter panel is being taken out =\

the LCAs and PHR came in a skinny but long box, something like 1/2 foot x 5 feet and i got my LCA relocation brackets and LCA/PHR hardware (new bolts and nuts) in another box, bout 8inches x 8 inches square.

funny thing is the smaller box weighs more than my lightweight LG part =) I haven't opened it yet, don't want to cuz I'll just want to install them on a car that won't be here for a week.

Quick Reply: Got LG control arms in the mail today