Strano Performance 4 Piston/12.8" rotor brake kits starting @ $999.00 - Page 2 - LS1TECH



Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance 4 Piston/12.8" rotor brake kits starting @ $999.00

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
Super Hulk Smash
iTrader: (7)
 
JakeFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 9,340
Default

Hey Sam, I measured the stock F-Body rotor to the back of my wheel spoke clearance... it's paltry. Only 1.45" on avg.

I am willing to run the Eibach 15mm hubcentric spacer on the car to get me up around 2" of clearance. But would that be enough with this kit?
JakeFusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chitown, IL
Posts: 1,487
Default

at $999 this is an outstanding deal. I did the C5 upgrade back in the day (2003...ish) and still have the original bob bishop brackets from when this started. My cost back then was about that between the brackets/calipers and all the new parts! If I recall, the c5 pistons/pads/rotors and all the small parts were about $750 just by themselves all new.
merim123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
LS1TECH Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Sam Strano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Brookville, PA
Posts: 8,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFusion View Post
Hey Sam, I measured the stock F-Body rotor to the back of my wheel spoke clearance... it's paltry. Only 1.45" on avg.

I am willing to run the Eibach 15mm hubcentric spacer on the car to get me up around 2" of clearance. But would that be enough with this kit?
Should be plenty. I carry those as well. I have a set of them and as I recall on the front it was fine. I can't get my car on the lift this week to try that specific spacer, but I should be able to next week to confirm, and as I said I can supply those too.
Sam Strano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #24
LS1TECH Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Sam Strano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Brookville, PA
Posts: 8,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merim123 View Post
at $999 this is an outstanding deal. I did the C5 upgrade back in the day (2003...ish) and still have the original bob bishop brackets from when this started. My cost back then was about that between the brackets/calipers and all the new parts! If I recall, the c5 pistons/pads/rotors and all the small parts were about $750 just by themselves all new.
Anyone who has C5 brackets can run this kit for even less (they are part of the price @ $999). If you have them I don't need to sell them to you, and the costs go down.
Sam Strano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #25
Super Hulk Smash
iTrader: (7)
 
JakeFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 9,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
Should be plenty. I carry those as well. I have a set of them and as I recall on the front it was fine. I can't get my car on the lift this week to try that specific spacer, but I should be able to next week to confirm, and as I said I can supply those too.
Thanks, Sam.

What pad options does this come with? Could we run a Ferodo DS2500 with this caliper?
JakeFusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #26
LS1TECH Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Sam Strano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Brookville, PA
Posts: 8,830
Default

There is no DS2500 for that caliper. There are various Wilwood pads (comes with BP-10's as part of the kit), EBC's, Raybestos Race pads, and some Hawk compounds too.
Sam Strano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM   #27
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (13)
 
drain89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Right across the river from Huntington, WV
Posts: 676
Default

I have a set of the LG Motorsports adapter brackets that allow the use of c5 calipers and rotors without cutting the spindle. Will these allow the use of the willwood calipers? If so, what would a set of black calipers with a good street pad run me?
drain89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #28
LS1TECH Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Sam Strano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Brookville, PA
Posts: 8,830
Default

If what you have allows the use of a C5 caliper and rotor already then these should just bolt right on. But you will still need new brake lines to go with.

They come with a set of Wilwood BP-10 pads included with the calipers. We can start there, assess and look into different parts should you want to down the line.

Looking at less than $700 for calipers, BP-10's and stainless lines.
Sam Strano is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Name this part Defined1983 Suspension & Brakes 6 07-01-2016 11:51 AM
Holley HP EFI Kits (2) and Touchscreen RWChevyZ71 Parts Classifieds 16 05-14-2016 05:09 AM
4-piston front brake kits with rotors, lines, pads... $999-$1199 Sam Strano Suspension & Brakes 58 12-24-2015 02:31 AM
New Brake packages & pricing changes (lower if you can believe it!) Sam Strano Suspension & Brakes 19 10-14-2008 12:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send