Strano Performance 4 Piston/12.8" rotor brake kits starting @ $999.00 - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance 4 Piston/12.8" rotor brake kits starting @ $999.00

Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
Super Hulk Smash

Hey Sam, I measured the stock F-Body rotor to the back of my wheel spoke clearance... it's paltry. Only 1.45" on avg.

I am willing to run the Eibach 15mm hubcentric spacer on the car to get me up around 2" of clearance. But would that be enough with this kit?
JakeFusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #22
TECH Fanatic

at $999 this is an outstanding deal. I did the C5 upgrade back in the day (2003...ish) and still have the original bob bishop brackets from when this started. My cost back then was about that between the brackets/calipers and all the new parts! If I recall, the c5 pistons/pads/rotors and all the small parts were about $750 just by themselves all new.
merim123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
LS1TECH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFusion View Post
Hey Sam, I measured the stock F-Body rotor to the back of my wheel spoke clearance... it's paltry. Only 1.45" on avg.

I am willing to run the Eibach 15mm hubcentric spacer on the car to get me up around 2" of clearance. But would that be enough with this kit?
Should be plenty. I carry those as well. I have a set of them and as I recall on the front it was fine. I can't get my car on the lift this week to try that specific spacer, but I should be able to next week to confirm, and as I said I can supply those too.
Sam Strano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #24
LS1TECH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by merim123 View Post
at $999 this is an outstanding deal. I did the C5 upgrade back in the day (2003...ish) and still have the original bob bishop brackets from when this started. My cost back then was about that between the brackets/calipers and all the new parts! If I recall, the c5 pistons/pads/rotors and all the small parts were about $750 just by themselves all new.
Anyone who has C5 brackets can run this kit for even less (they are part of the price @ $999). If you have them I don't need to sell them to you, and the costs go down.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #25
Super Hulk Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
Should be plenty. I carry those as well. I have a set of them and as I recall on the front it was fine. I can't get my car on the lift this week to try that specific spacer, but I should be able to next week to confirm, and as I said I can supply those too.
Thanks, Sam.

What pad options does this come with? Could we run a Ferodo DS2500 with this caliper?
JakeFusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #26
LS1TECH Sponsor

There is no DS2500 for that caliper. There are various Wilwood pads (comes with BP-10's as part of the kit), EBC's, Raybestos Race pads, and some Hawk compounds too.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM   #27
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set of the LG Motorsports adapter brackets that allow the use of c5 calipers and rotors without cutting the spindle. Will these allow the use of the willwood calipers? If so, what would a set of black calipers with a good street pad run me?
drain89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #28
LS1TECH Sponsor

If what you have allows the use of a C5 caliper and rotor already then these should just bolt right on. But you will still need new brake lines to go with.

They come with a set of Wilwood BP-10 pads included with the calipers. We can start there, assess and look into different parts should you want to down the line.

Looking at less than $700 for calipers, BP-10's and stainless lines.