Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

which panhard bar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default which panhard bar?

I am looking to purchase a panhard bar and i don't know if I need the bar with both rod ends, or just one rod end, or no rod ends. i think I want to get one that is on car adjustable. All i know is that I want a little more stability in the rear of the car. Tell me which one I need to get.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what else is done to the car and where do you wanna go with it?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same dilemma and just recently ended up going with a double rod ended one from SJM MANUFACTURING, INC I didn't notice any kind of added noises or harshness, although I already have a pretty stiff setup and had a poly panhard bar before this one.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
I am looking to purchase a panhard bar and i don't know if I need the bar with both rod ends, or just one rod end, or no rod ends. i think I want to get one that is on car adjustable. All i know is that I want a little more stability in the rear of the car. Tell me which one I need to get.

Thanks
If the car is a street car I would recommend this item- www.umiperformance.com/2022.aspx

If you plan on autoX or road course driving we would recommend this item- www.umiperformance.com/2023.aspx

If you need help choosing please ask or send a PM and I will be glad to help.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 10-24-2006, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

I don't do any auto-x or road coarse racing, mainly just drag racing, however, i drive on the high way a lot and i would like a better feel at high speeds. My car is a 02 firehawk with the bilstein suspension. Only other suspension mod is poly lca's.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
I don't do any auto-x or road coarse racing, mainly just drag racing, however, i drive on the high way a lot and i would like a better feel at high speeds. My car is a 02 firehawk with the bilstein suspension. Only other suspension mod is poly lca's.
Ok great, based on your driving I would see item # 2022 seen in the supplied link being the best set-up- www.umiperformance.com/2022.aspx

This item does feature one end as a QA1 rod end and the other end a poly bushing set-up and it is also on-car adjustable, does not need to be removed from the vehicle in order to adjust. The nice thing about one end being a spherical bearing is this helps to eliminate rear end bind while the polyurethane bushing helps to reduce and eliminate road noise ect. This is one of our most popular set-ups and has proven to work very well.

Also you can take advantage of our 10% sale if interested, information can be found here- www.umiperformance.com

Anymore questions please ask. Thanks
Ryan
Old 10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me and a buddy both use the SJM double rod ended panhard rod. It's nice, but there is some added noise.

For stability though.. i did not notice much, i just needed it to center my big tires.

I would go with a different sway bar in the back if you are concerned about stability..
Old 10-24-2006, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

From what slp told me, I already have the big front sway bar and the 21mm rear along with the bilstein springs and shocks. i think what is making it feel different fright now is the relocation brackets for the lower control arms. I have them in the bottom hole right now for drag racing.

Quick Reply: which panhard bar?