Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Trans Crossmember TQ Arm Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Crossmember TQ Arm Mount

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a Torque Arm that mounts to the Transmission Crossmember directly... as opposed to the Trans (M6) itself?

I've seen the Spohn model that mounts to their floorpan "crossbar," but I suspect there'll be conflicts with duals, either X type or side-by-side.

Any reason why using the Heim joint type end of the Torque Arm & mounting it to a bracket that's welded to the Trans crossmember wouldn't work? Anybody tried that?

Thanks !!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI has got one that im planning on buying along with their torque arm and their rear suspension package.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I think we have just what you are looking for... this is a new transmission crossmember that incudes a intergrated torque arm that excepts factory style torque arms but relocates it off the transmission. Please take a look at the link below and if you have any questions please contact us via PM or phone.

www.umiperformance.com/2207

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

i have the umi one on my car and it clears my tsp true duals
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
Thats awesome news, thats what my setup is going to be, just waiting to put my clutch in to instally the TA crossmember
Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Launching!

BMR sells one too.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
link to the one that fits the tsp true duals please. i have been asking all over and get no answers
Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Global west sells one that mounts to the floor and to the original trans crossmember
www(dot)globalwest(dot)net/camaro93.htm#TRACLINK%20kits

Last edited by VIP1; 07-12-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by volksmech1
link to the one that fits the tsp true duals please. i have been asking all over and get no answers
here are the ones
part#2207 is for a t56
part#2208 is for a a4
this assuming you have a 98 to 02 model
they list for 239.99
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by volksmech1
Hello,

If you are looking for just the torque arm, we have designed our transmission mounted torque arm around the TSP system to not only clear it but also add addtional clearance to allow the user to tuck the system up tigther to the floor. This item can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2205

If you are looking for a relocation kit they will all clear as well like Nick mentioned and they can be seen here- http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...category_id=46

If you have any questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

If you are looking for just the torque arm, we have designed our transmission mounted torque arm around the TSP system to not only clear it but also add addtional clearance to allow the user to tuck the system up tigther to the floor. This item can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2205

If you are looking for a relocation kit they will all clear as well like Nick mentioned and they can be seen here- http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...category_id=46

Thank you!
Ryan
awsome. that is exacly what i was needing. as soon as i get the extra cash i will get ahold of you
Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Hey Ryan, why did yall go with allen bolts for the bushing clam? Kind of annoying IMHO.

Anyway, I installed mine today along with the UMI adjustable torque arm. My custom duals cleared everything fine, but it made install a little harder. I ended up bolting the clam to the relocation bracket and then sliding it on to the end of the torque arm. Kept the bottom two allen bolts loose untill the bracket was all bolted up. Made it easy to move the bracket around to line up the holes. I was by myself and didn't attempt the raise and lower of the rear end method as per the instructions.

And I would definately recommend this setup to anyone with dual exhaust. Beautiful pieces and install was relatively easy.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Thank you!
Ryan
Why not make one that comes with a new trans crossmember with a heim joint to attach the TA with rather than the clamshell mount, and a interagrated driveshaft loop? Kinda like the one you make for 3rd gens....IMO it's pretty pricy to buy a TA and then your relocation kit that add up to $540... Especially when you consider that after you buy those two pieces, you still have no driveshaft loop Don't the ones that you make for 3rd gens come with not only the trans crossmember, but a driveshaft loop as well for ~$400ish? I think if you offered a package like this for 4th gens that it would sell great considering all the guys that want to keep their duals...without spending $540 for a TA setup that doesn't even have a loop...something to think about

Last edited by Colin91Z; 07-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

just making sure this doesnt get deleted for being to old. it has all the part numbers i need
Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Teching In

I'm looking at 1 by a local welder, supposed to clear all exhausts and it's a completely new trans crossmember.

here is a pic of it installed on a car (it's not the welders website, just a pic)

Old 09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Our relocation kits will clear all exhaust systems as well.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you, Ryan

Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 AM

I am looking to put an after market torque arm on my car as well as LCA for the first mods on this car. Its a 2000. I dont like the stock style torque arm bushing though. It looks like the black one pictured has a swing pivot kinda like a rear leaf spring. Are there any more pics of this arm and who is making it. Thanks. My first post WOO HOO.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Hello,

Here is a list of torque arms we make. The shorter tunnel mounted torque arms towards the bottom are the ones you are referring to. If you have any questions regarding these please let me know and I will be glad to help.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=130

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 PM

My car has a custom 3 inch stainless exhaust. My brother has a UMI tunnel mount kit on his 02 (nice kit) and there is no way with the exhaust on my car that the UMI kit will fit and Im not going to replace the exhaust. I like the design of the black one and because it is trans X-member mounted I know (hope) this design will clear. Can someone post more info.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Teching In

a pic of it off the car, he's not a sponser on here so you'll have to PM for his number

Ryan: thanks for the reply and picture, I'm considering all options before making a purchase