Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about my Eibach Sportlines.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about my Eibach Sportlines.

I have the Eibach Sportline kit on my ride, not sure how long they have been on. I believe the shocks are stock, and it needs an alignment. But I don't like the front springs, and I love the rear. I think the rear is the perfect height, but I want the raise the front up a bit. Also my passenger side sits a little lower than the driver side. I am going to get an alignment tomorrow, but my question was, what would be a good spring to throw in the front to even the front height to the rear a bit, just for the front springs. And what would cause my passenger side to sit lower?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Eibach Prokit is a Sportline kit with higher sitting front springs with higher springrate.

Eibach rear springs seem to have more uneven cases of sag than others. All springs have cases of sitting uneven. Even stock springs. You can use spacers to even things out. Alignment won't fix the car sagging. Or you could do what I would do and use different springs
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When your in the car does it sit evenly?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a pro kit front spring would be the way to go in my opinion or a QA1 setup
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
When your in the car does it sit evenly?
Not sure actually. I can't see my car when I'm sitting in it... Anyone have any pics of the Pro Kit, QA1, or Summit front springs on an F-Body?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Eibach Prokit is a Sportline kit with higher sitting front springs with higher springrate.

Eibach rear springs seem to have more uneven cases of sag than others. All springs have cases of sitting uneven. Even stock springs. You can use spacers to even things out. Alignment won't fix the car sagging. Or you could do what I would do and use different springs
I believe youre wrong. I'm pretty sure the spring rates are actually lower with the Sportlines. I dont quite understand it, but they are.
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
But, I'm not too pleased with my Pro-kit. I will be going to Stranos springs next.
And my car is a little uneven too. It was like that before the springs. I'm pretty sure most if not every f-body is like that. I think its to compensate for having just a driver in the car.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by michaelg589
I believe youre wrong. I'm pretty sure the spring rates are actually lower with the Sportlines. I dont quite understand it, but they are.
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
But, I'm not too pleased with my Pro-kit. I will be going to Stranos springs next.
And my car is a little uneven too. It was like that before the springs. I'm pretty sure most if not every f-body is like that. I think its to compensate for having just a driver in the car.
I could be wrong..... I thought the rear springs in the prokit were the same as the sportlines. Are they not? I also may have worded things a little confusing and typing fast, but I meant to say that the prokit front springs have a higher ride height and springrate compared to the sportlines (aka craplines)
Old 11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by michaelg589
Why don't you like your pro-kit, and why the Stranos, just curious.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

What would be good replacement spring for the fronts, a little higher than the Sportline, other than the Pro Kit springs?