Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I want bilsteins!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking I wanted bilsteins!!!

When can we expect to start placing orders for these shocks???

strano or any other sponsor on here.... any dates you should be receiving

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 01-11-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I won't take an order until I know they are in the country. I will NOT give you any sort of ETA because I've had 3 come and go already, and people get strange when they think you are sitting on their money, and I have no way to order them for your without pre-paying them.

They still aren't a good idea with your Pro-kits, but is seems you've made you mind up--You just have wait like the rest of us. I'm sorry, and I know it sucks. Not only can I not sell Bilsteins, I can't do SLP Bilstein's, OR Revalves.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

crap I'm stuck between a rock & a hard plate....

I reviewed more of the kyb's and I'm not going that route...

What other bilstein shock would do with the pro-kit?? Like I said, koni are out the window

thanks strano
Old 01-07-2008, 06:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I can't magically tell you something you want to hear. NO off the shelf Bilstein was meant for lowering springs, Revalves are tweaked to give better damping and cover that gap, but no Bilstein's means no Revalves. Sorry dude. I can't make them appear magically.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

who in the hell is bringing up this magically crap??
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just save up for a few more weeks and get the Koni SAs. Got mine within a few days of ordering... they aren't thet much more expensive, especally if you go the 3/4 route.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
who in the hell is bringing up this magically crap??
I think what Sam means is he would highly recommend a Koni shock for the Pro-Kit springs... but since you already said they are out he has no other recommendations. Meaning he can not magically come up with a in-stock shock for your set-up that will work properly for the same price as Bilsteins. I think that is all he meant..
Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

I have the HD Bilsteins with stock 1LE (SS) springs (360lbs front, 150lbs rear) and they are a vast improvement over the GM De-Carbon shocks.

As mentioned above, Bilstiens are not a good choice for lowered rides, however.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Save up for a set of koni's. You will not regret it.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

i love my bilsteins!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok, let me put this a few other ways:

Magically comes from the fact you seem hell-bent on getting Bilstein's that are simply not around. You keep asking, but that won't make them come any faster. And when they do, they are not NOT means for lowering springs.

For those of you with HD's and lowering springs, ask (or better yet look) around. You'll find folks have had HD's and changed, and find nobody that regrets that change. It's really too bad that money doesn't grow on trees because then more folks could try more things. But as it is people tend to pick something, whatever that is, run it, and deem it ok. Well, ok can cover a lot of ground and as a matter of perspective if you haven't experienced other things you can't actually know how your stuff stacks up. Bilstein HD's vs. DeCarbon's. Used to be a lot better, but not great and a bit underdamped. That was before Bilstein basically made the HD into a DeCarbon valving, which was such a screw up it led us to this huge backorder. They know they messed up and are trying to change back, and can't get it done--yet.

How often do you read on here or any other forum that someone did X, and hated it. Hardly ever. Meanwhile when I talk to folks there are no shortages of folks dissatisfied with cobbled together setups.

Aside from my telling you HD damping is inadequate for proper control, consider that Bilstein's catalog has ALWAYS stated that HD's are not suitable for lowered cars.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have read your analogies so many times... enough with it bro!! I know you know your stuff and have many recommendations but I am set with a price. Got it! If the bilsteins(revalves) are still on back order well screw it. I'll find another route. Stop preaching when you explained this 3 times to myself and who knows how much to others. thanks for the info but I'll try another site or distributor
Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a chill pill mang! He's only trying to help. Even if you DID get the Bilsteins, they're not gonna last that long with higher spring rates (get it if you're running stock springs and want some decent damping) so you're bound to spend again. If you can't afford it right now, wait it out ... now yell at me too ... lol
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have read your analogies so many times... enough with it bro!! I know you know your stuff and have many recommendations but I am set with a price. Got it! If the bilsteins(revalves) are still on back order well screw it. I'll find another route. Stop preaching when you explained this 3 times to myself and who knows how much to others. thanks for the info but I'll try another site or distributor
Wow.... you got it. Meanwhile you are still searching out HD's and they are still on backorder.

I'll refrain from trying to help you understand further, I'd rather not sell something ill-matched anyway. I wish you good luck finding what you are after.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

damn dude, he know his crap and if he said those won't work why don't you look for some others. There's no need to get all pissed at him.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

check this out fellas I ain't pissed at anyone but when i know what I'm looking for then don't try to persuade or give me scenarios.. Like I said, I know he knows what he's talking about but my price is set.. I'm not looking for something that is lifetime warranty Maybe shocks for 2-3 years than I can upgrade to the koni's.. Not looking for the best bang for the buck... You guys dig
Old 01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

check this out fellas I ain't pissed at anyone but when i know what I'm looking for then don't try to persuade or give me scenarios.. Like I said, I know he knows what he's talking about but my price is set.. I'm not looking for something that is lifetime warranty Maybe shocks for 2-3 years than I can upgrade to the koni's.. Not looking for the best bang for the buck... You guys dig
Maybe someone will sell you a used set of Bilsteins so they can upgrade to the better Koni since you seem hell bent on Bilstein. That's about the only way you're getting them right now.

Why upgrade two years later? Do it once and be done with it. I had the same concerns as you when I was considering getting new shocks. And after reading (lots of reading) I decided on the higher priced Koni. Yes, I had to wait a bit longer to cover the cost, but it was well worth it and I wouldn't have done it any different.

Don't get so defenseve with these guys. They are trying to help you, but you're being pretty closed minded.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry I don't want to argue with you but I'm a little lost. So you cannot spare an extra $200 now, but you are willing to spend over $500 now, then later another $800ish???
Its not about the lifetime warranty, and hardly about best bang for your buck. Its about what is proven (by the numbers, by experience, and hell, even by bilstein themselves!) to work with what you have.
Its like coming in with a certain cam, and you want heads and other supporting mods to match, and when suggested the correct matching heads/supporting mods you say its too expencive and you want something else that even the company themselves say wont work correctly.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

like I said, my price is set....

If any of you wanna spare the extra $200 then I'll give you my paypal... If not pls move forward
Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

$770 for the 3/4 Konis - $659 for revalves = $111 ... Its just 100 bucks more man...