Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar: PRICING INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar: PRICING INFORMATION

In stock bars are priced at, and will continue to be priced at these points until current stock runs out:

Front: $199
Rear: $189
Set of 2: $399 shipped to the lower 48 via ground ($379 plus shipping other places)

I Was informed today that prices for the next run of bars will be increasing to me. I've swallowed the last two increases, this one I have to apply.

When the current stock of bars is gone, the new prices will rise by approximately 7% due to the cost of steel and shipping. That will make front bars around $210 each, rears around $200 each. Sets somewhere around $410 (shipping will not be included at that price).

This will also effect the price of any kit that uses these bar, such as some of our HP kits.

I wanted to give you fair warning, I don't like to have to just charge you more, and prefer to give you the opprotunity to buy the parts for a lesser price is possible.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you get the best, a couple extra bucks are worth it (dons fire suit)
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sam how about the prices on your springs will they be staying the same?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I think so... No notice of a increase on those (yet), but don't be suprised when it happens. Inflation sucks.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Sam, how long do you estimate the current stock to last? I need the rear (already have your front and love it BTW) and hadn't planned on ordering it until the end of the month. But if need be I'll bump it up a couple weeks.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hard to say. I have more fronts than rears, rears I think I have less than 15 of. Could sell out next week, or take 3 weeks. No rhyme or reason to when folks call and don't.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

NP, I went ahead and ordered it just now.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Sam, any chance on you making some red powder coated stuff at some point? I like your sways and call me picky, but I'm trying to keep all my suspension and chassis mods to red powdercoat. I suppose I can always have them re-coated because I prefer your hollows to all of the solids that are around...
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry. No way for me to do it. The costs involved are too big, and I don't have a powdercoat oven. You can recoat if you like, but my bars are like Model T's, any color you want as long as it's black.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

ordered mine
Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

Ordered mine last night, cant wait till after my surgery so I can put everything on!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a question...

I have a 35mm ST solid bar. Going with a Strano hollow front would obviously remove a ton of weight. But would it also give me a tad more front grip/less understeer? I actually have a 315 all around setup on Strano/Koni suspension. I dialed in some negative camber last year, which lessened understeer big time, and I can take corners at much higher speeds.

I'm just wondering how significant of a change it would be for me to go for the Strano front bar over the 35mm ST. I know the Strano bar would improve, but just not sure if I can pull the trigger on it.

I have a BMR 21mm solid rear and plan on replacing the endlinks and bushings this year. The BMR is staying in the rear this season.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

I would say you would get a bit more front bite with the hollow 35 due to more flex. Although you may loose a little neg. camber due to the slight loss of camber control. May be a wash, but I think the sam's bar would be slightly better overall. I have sam's front and 21mm GM solid rear.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I actually had Pat Solerno drive my car last year at a Boston BMWCCA test and tune, and he mentioned that the Strano bar would probably do away with some understeer which would in turn induce a little more oversteer since I would be driving my car harder. I think he's an EVO autox school instructor and used to autocross a Camaro and I think won a few national events?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Our steel supplier just informed me of a 15% price increase on steel over the next 4-6 weeks. So it looks like the Strano Bars are not going to be the only thing going up in price.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Yeah I actually had Pat Solerno drive my car last year at a Boston BMWCCA test and tune, and he mentioned that the Strano bar would probably do away with some understeer which would in turn induce a little more oversteer since I would be driving my car harder. I think he's an EVO autox school instructor and used to autocross a Camaro and I think won a few national events?
Sam Strano has definitely won, the most recent being last year no less. this is what's in his sig:

SCCA National Champion (x4)
SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x3)
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question...

I'm just wondering how significant of a change it would be for me to go for the Strano front bar over the 35mm ST. I know the Strano bar would improve, but just not sure if I can pull the trigger on it.
I just replaced my ST 35 bar with Sam's bar. I was perfectly happy with the car but I wanted to cut some weight. The ST bar has been on the car for about 5 years.

Since I was so happy with the car, I wanted to maintain approximately the same wheel rate in roll so I also replaced my 550 springs with a set of 600s. I had a "gut feeling" that the car could use a bit more front spring anyway. I have nothing to back that up other than my gut though.

Looks like I was right.

I'll have to wait until I'm on race rubber to say for certain but I'm pretty sure the car is better with Sam's bar and the 600s. It sure feels better. Shock settings were not changed and if anything, the alignment could be a bit better as the ride height changed slightly and I haven't gotten around to putting it back to where it was.

PM for more details if you like.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Pat is a 3 time SCCA National Champion (FS, ES, and Super Stock). He's an Evolution school instructor (and part owner as well as my boss since I workd for him with Evo). Pat is also a friend of mine, but also a customer of mine too. I did setup work for him on various cars. And when he won F-stock in 1999 it was indeed in a '95 Z28.

Quick Reply: Strano Performance Hollow Swaybar: PRICING INFORMATION