Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering with no PHB. questions???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lowering with no PHB. questions???

like the title says.
i will be lowering my car with strano springs and koni 4/3's shortly. does anyone know how bad it might affect the angle of the rear axle?
i was thinking of just getting a phb to stick in there for now but i really would like to save for the fays2 watts link.

any help is greatly appreciated.
-f8l
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you not buying directly from Sam? He supplies a double rod-ended UMI PHB with the HP3 kit (which is what I've got, and sounds like what you're getting). Otherwise, if you're buying privately, you'll need to get and adjustable PHB ... it doesn't affect the "angle" of the diff, it's the centering that it affects ... the diff will be offset to one side (the right, I believe?) and the tire(s) can/will rub on the inner fender well (one side) and the outer fender lip (other side).
Old 08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Ive had mine lowered with strano's for almost a year and im just now getting around to ordering the adjustable panhard rod. I didnt have any drivability problems or rubbing issues, but then again my car is still on the stock 16 in Z28 rims and tires.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

With stock tires and rims you probably will not have any rubbing issues its more visual. The tires are not centered under the car.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

You sig says you have ZR1s with 315 M/Ts so you will need a phb most likely to center the rear end and keep your tires from rubbing. Im suprised you havent had rubbing issues already. I did with my ZR1s and 315 Nittos and im stock height.

BMR makes a great on-car adjustable piece for a great price. But like alot of things, most companys all make comparable products from comparable prices. I myself choose BMR for my suspension needs, but BMR, UMI, Pavlock, etc are all great companies.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

yeah im planning on ordering an adjustable phb asap since i already ordered strano springs and my konis came in the mail today.
now i just have to decide which phb to order.

funny thing is, both my fbody friends said it would rub like crazy when i put the 315's on. surprisingly, it does not rub at all. only when im pulling into my drive way.... but my driveway is seriously fucked up (makes the car go on three wheels if i dont go up it practically horizontal). but once i lower it, i have a feeling i will definitely have to get some time in with the hammer.

thanks for the info guys.

Last edited by F8L_LS1; 08-14-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Here's some from one of the sponsors:
http://www.byunspeed.com/compare.php...613da68dccc53a
All are easy, on-car adjustable.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 08-14-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Happy to help you with your PHB choices--and to discuss them. Do you NEED one? No. It's recommended as some cars are off center to start with and lowering makes it more so. However, some are "off" a bit the wrong way stock and lowering a small amount (and my springs don't slam the car) actually can correct it.

None the less a good PHB can help handling a bit regardless if you need it to change the centering or not.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: lowering with no PHB. questions???