Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?

Happened to me late last night at a Shell Gas station. At one time I actually had my hand on the barrel of the AK as if I could block the bullet. FU*KING THUGS:ba ng::bang :

Be careful out there and remember to be aware of your surroundings at ALL times. They caught me as I had just started pumping gas. Im just glad Im alive today.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear that man. You should get a CHL and carry often.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I know somebody who had was held at gunpoint at the Shell on Westheimer and 610 while they stole his car.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

You can carry a concealed hand gun in your car for defense.

Sorry to hear that...

What did they take?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** man. Thats crazy..
Old 06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vik

Sorry to hear that...

What did they take?
and you DO NOT have to have a chl. it has to be concealed, you have to be over 21, and have no criminal background.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Vik

Sorry to hear that...

What did they take?
I usually do. My brother took them to the range to play a little and I havent got them back yet. But still, the way they surprised me while I was OUT of my car, there wasnt anyway to reach it if it was in there anyways. The guy had an AK-47 a foot away from my chest with his finger on the trigger. he never demanded my car (which had my girlfriend in the passenger seat) he was just screaming "give me everything youve got!" as I was digging through my pockets with one hand he kept inching forward and thats when I put my free hand over the end of the barrel and was screaming back at him. He's pretty stupid for letting me get that close to his gun. If there werent other suspects with him, I might have tried to wrestle it away as I felt I was about to be killed but I didnt know if the others were carrying or not as they stayed back a safe distance. I believe I did the right thing and just gave him the cash and credit cards we had. He actually took my stuff and pointed the gun in the car and my girl already had her credit card ready to hand to him. He took it and ran back to the truck he was riding in and they sped off.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

I see your in Stafford, did this happen in Stafford\Sugar Land? BTW glad your OK.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1 Bad Z
I usually do. My brother took them to the range to play a little and I havent got them back yet. But still, the way they surprised me while I was OUT of my car, there wasnt anyway to reach it if it was in there anyways. The guy had an AK-47 a foot away from my chest with his finger on the trigger. he never demanded my car (which had my girlfriend in the passenger seat) he was just screaming "give me everything youve got!" as I was digging through my pockets with one hand he kept inching forward and thats when I put my free hand over the end of the barrel and was screaming back at him. He's pretty stupid for letting me get that close to his gun. If there werent other suspects with him, I might have tried to wrestle it away as I felt I was about to be killed but I didnt know if the others were carrying or not as they stayed back a safe distance. I believe I did the right thing and just gave him the cash and credit cards we had. He actually took my stuff and pointed the gun in the car and my girl already had her credit card ready to hand to him. He took it and ran back to the truck he was riding in and they sped off.
That's crazy, glad yall are ok after the incident.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1972_Z-28
I see your in Stafford, did this happen in Stafford\Sugar Land? BTW glad your OK.
No, It was on Washington at a shell gas station 2 blocks away from the police station/courts Once I got on Washington, I drove about 2 blocks down to that shell and passed probably 4 HPD cruisers. Of course, NONE would pass by the shell station as this was happening because they would have seen it as we were the only ones there and the place was very well lit.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good thing you made it through it un harmed. i have my CHL and that is why i always have mine on my hip unless i am at work or out drinking. Everyone can say they would have done this and that but you never know till you are in the situation. I pulled up to a station one morning to grab some ice for my guys and had 2 pistols in the truck but none on my persons. I am very aware of my surroundings some might say paranoid but needless to say this morning someone opened my passenger door and started to get in. My initial reaction was to grab a gun but there was no time and i took other actions.

it was an eye opening experience and i changed my ways and am sure you will also.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Damn dude money comes and goes your life doesnt!Glad your ok man!
Old 06-18-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you all are unharmed. The cash and credit cards are not worth your life. I got an email a couple days ago about a guy getting carjacked at Clay/Barker Cypress in his '67 Chevelle. The gun was in his face before he knew what was going on.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn Mike thats f'd up, we had a friend of ours get robbed they took him at gunpoint in his truck and made him get all the cash he could out of the atm and then left him by some business parks found his truck the next day....people are getting real desparate, stupid I could go on and on but the most important thing is that you and Marisol are ok, and you hopefully didnt have your son with you.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Sometimes having a gun on you can put you in more danger I would think. If you have an AK stuck in your face unexpectedly(sp?) I dont really see the right time to pull your weapon out. If you had it, you could have made a bad decision. Sorry to hear man, at least you're still alive

<---just playing a little devils advocate
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

some stoned ghetto ****'s pulled a gun on me while i was walking to my car leaving work. and the place had hpd security.
and i had a lt1 camaro at the time.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Damn dude. I'm glad you and your girl didn't get hurt.

I can't help but think that if that happened to me, I'd jump in the car and follow them while calling 911. I was told by 911 that if you can follow someone that just committed a crime, they can have cops catch up to you to arrest them.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1 Bad Z
No, It was on Washington at a shell gas station 2 blocks away from the police station/courts Once I got on Washington, I drove about 2 blocks down to that shell and passed probably 4 HPD cruisers. Of course, NONE would pass by the shell station as this was happening because they would have seen it as we were the only ones there and the place was very well lit.
It's not the cop's fault that you got robbed. Even the laziest fat *** would have wanted to have rolled up on that. Cops hate **** heads.

Carry, man. You're a sheep without it, and they're the wolves. You gotta be a sheep dog. You're from Texas, which is almost like being in a free country still. God, if only my communist state was actually still close to being free like yours, with a real US Constitution and everything.

You made it through alive, thank God. Not everyone can say they have made it though having a gun drawn on them. I'm sure you'll never forget it!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Damn dude. I'm glad you and your girl didn't get hurt.

I can't help but think that if that happened to me, I'd jump in the car and follow them while calling 911. I was told by 911 that if you can follow someone that just committed a crime, they can have cops catch up to you to arrest them.
I appreciate it. But trust me, theres alot of "woulda and shouldas" after the fact when something like this happens. My girl was in the car FREAKING out when I got back in and made me turn the other way while she was on the phone dialing 911. If I was by myself, I probably would have done that who knows. By the time I pulled the pump handle out of my tank, they were already headed down the road. If you havent been through this, its harder than you think to go chasing the bullet that just threatened to go through you.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you would have had a gun on you do you think you could have shot him when he turned around and got into the truck?

Quick Reply: Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?