High Performance Pontiac & Vette Mag- Houston Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Performance Pontiac & Vette Mag- Houston Shootout

On Friday, August 21 we are having a "Magazine Shootout" at LoneStar Motorsports Park (Sealy, TX) for High Performance Pontiac and Vette Magazines. The event will run from 8am-4pm and be by invitation only. Participants will be published in the appropriate magazine and gain entry into the event for free. For this event we are going to field a total of four late-model Pontiacs and eight late-model Vettes (plus backups). If you have a fast and legal late model Pontiac or Vette and would like to apply for a spot in the lineup, send me an e-mail with the car description, color, mods and ET's (actual or projected) and I will send you an application form to fill out. Applications are due by August 6th and applicants will be notified by August 10 if they made the field. Full details will be provided in the cover letter that will be sent back with an application. If you are not familiar with the "Shootouts" that we do in the magazine, go to highperformancepontiac.com and click on Shootout. I look forward to receiving some applications. Several of the top name tuner shops in the area are already participating so if you want to show your stuff with the entries already received from LMR, MAST, East Texas Musclecars; etc. get your applications in quickly. For you Chevrolet and Cadillac enthusiasts, my apologies as the titled mags don't cover these brands so let me apologize in advance for excluding you.

Randall D. Allen
acpromotions@verizon.net
Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Well I have a 700rwhp 06 GTO, but it aint much of a drag car. Goodluck with the shootout, hope some real fast cars come out and represent GM!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks again for all your help setting up this shootout Randy, I just wish our initial plan to have the LMR vs Hennessey shootout would have taken place but this will still be a great event and great coverage!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Sent PM
Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Catalina455
On Friday, August 21 we are having a "Magazine Shootout" at LoneStar Motorsports Park (Sealy, TX) for High Performance Pontiac and Vette Magazines. The event will run from 8am-4pm and be by invitation only. Participants will be published in the appropriate magazine and gain entry into the event for free. For this event we are going to field a total of four late-model Pontiacs and eight late-model Vettes (plus backups). If you have a fast and legal late model Pontiac or Vette and would like to apply for a spot in the lineup, send me an e-mail with the car description, color, mods and ET's (actual or projected) and I will send you an application form to fill out. Applications are due by August 6th and applicants will be notified by August 10 if they made the field. Full details will be provided in the cover letter that will be sent back with an application. If you are not familiar with the "Shootouts" that we do in the magazine, go to highperformancepontiac.com and click on Shootout. I look forward to receiving some applications. Several of the top name tuner shops in the area are already participating so if you want to show your stuff with the entries already received from LMR, MAST, East Texas Musclecars; etc. get your applications in quickly. For you Chevrolet and Cadillac enthusiasts, my apologies as the titled mags don't cover these brands so let me apologize in advance for excluding you.

Randall D. Allen
acpromotions@verizon.net
Randy... have you spoke with Keith lately?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Thanks again for all your help setting up this shootout Randy, I just wish our initial plan to have the LMR vs Hennessey shootout would have taken place but this will still be a great event and great coverage!

Sounds like Fun....... LS1's vs Vipers always sounds like a good idea!

Last edited by WizeAss; 07-25-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Catalina455
The event will run from 8am-4pm and be by invitation only. Participants will be published in the appropriate magazine and gain entry into the event for free.
So people can come watch? You say it's invite only, then mention the participants will get in free. I just want to make sure if i take the 21st off i can come watch.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

ttt
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Default Linxs

The participants can enter and bring a friend. The event isn't open for spectators. With that said, why don't you enter your '99 Vette. Send me a PM with your E-mail and I will send an application over.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My TA is a drag car and not street legal; This would not qualify? Also, are the shootouts about who's the fastest in the 1/4 mile or based on consistancy?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
My TA is a drag car and not street legal; This would not qualify? Also, are the shootouts about who's the fastest in the 1/4 mile or based on consistancy?
We have one of those too. it might even get up jetted
Old 08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoldRust
We have one of those too. it might even get up jetted
You mean sprayed? But what about the infamous turbo set-ups? Nothing could be better than that.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You mean sprayed? But what about the infamous turbo set-ups? Nothing could be better than that.
I figure he is speaking of PAINS car.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

We have a couple turbo street cars coming but the big guns arent done yet
Old 08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Fastagurl, aka Michelle, the event is for street or strip cars and is single lane passes for the magazine(s). It isn't bracket racing but rather more like an extended test and tune where we take photos at the track. Go to highperformancepontiac.com and click on the Shootout tab and you can see the formats. The idea is to show the readers how fast a certain combination goes in the 1/4 mile and then have comments from the racers on the overall event, track conditions and how his/her car ran that day. I do remember writing a feature on your car for GMHTP last year but if you would like to apply for this event shoot me an e-mail and I will run it by the HPP editor. PS- I think Steven has a spare 500shot system and a laptop for pitside tuning so go for it!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

lol, I might roll out there with one of the contendors to watch, don't think my car is worth running on that track.