Who locally does wheel mounting on drag tire w/bead lock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Who locally does wheel mounting on drag tire w/bead lock?

The process I need involves someone or a shop that can properly bead lock a wheel to the tire with 16 rim screws each. It's not as simple as drilling holes, this is a process used on most of the drag cars and True 10.5 cars where they produce a circle from the wheel you have and bead lock it to the tire and it looks like one piece. A company in OK does it but I need it done locally today. Will pay.

Sorry to throw most of you off. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are talking about cutting the out board lip off of the wheel and then installing the flat flange I don't think anyone locally does that. My bead locks were done in California.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try 4 Wheel Parts. They use bead locks in off road racing as well. They have probably done it before or can point you in the right direction.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Found a place in OK called Champion Wheel. I was also told that recently Weld Racing has developed their wheels better and they do not slip in the tire anymore. I will mount and balance and see if they will stay in place with no screws. Thank you for your help guys!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Using rim screws and having beadlocks are two different things. If you want beadlocks then I would use champion or sheppard racecars. If you want screws then you can buy a rim screw template and get the screws through summit or jegs, and do it yourself.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Using rim screws and having beadlocks are two different things. If you want beadlocks then I would use champion or sheppard racecars. If you want screws then you can buy a rim screw template and get the screws through summit or jegs, and do it yourself.
What's the difference? Which is better? With beadlock, is there another piece the screws go through to make it more strong or is this a pre-made wheel? I've always used screws only but I think maybe beadlock looks better.

Last edited by fasttagurl; 09-16-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Mine were done by Champion but the one out in California. If you use screws do both sides of the wheel. Mine are just like the wheel in your picture, take the bolts out, slide the tire over the wheel and put the bolts back in. Bead locks are stronger than the screws.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The beadlocks are also heavier. Michelle if you want them for your car they will slow it down.

225-343-9029
Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Like brian said, for your application they would probly slow you down due to the increased rotating mass. Beadlocked wheels are geared toward very high hp cars. If you need a template and screws call me tommorow and we can figure something out for you.

Quick Reply: Who locally does wheel mounting on drag tire w/bead lock?