Ear cropper in dfw

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ear cropper in dfw

Hey guys i just got a doberman pup and would like to crop her ears just because i dont like the floppy ear look on doberman. But i called a few nearby vets that do the job and charge alot to do it. I know there are professionals that do it on the side but just wanting to know if anyone knows anybody that might do it cheaper than $500 which is the price at almost every vet. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Anybody???
Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the tail docked ?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jaysan
is the tail docked ?
yes sir it is why do you ask?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

leave that poor dog alone, ***** cruel...
Old 10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairracer
leave that poor dog alone, ***** cruel...
I have been told this many times b/c my doberman has cropped ears. It is the look of the dog. Floppy eared dobermans just don't look like dobermans. My response is, you like girls with boob jobs? It's just a simple sergury, pain meds. and treament are given regularly.

If not done right, it is cruel though. I paid 480 in austin/pflugerville, but that included weekly checkups and bloodwork. My dobes ears are perfect, on the verge of a show crop. Took about 2 months to get them to stand up with a week having the sutras off. Around 500 is the going rate for a good crop. Make sure and look at their previous jobs.

I am far from cruel with my dog, he get's a mix of evo and Instinct (easily over 100 bucks a month in food). Has his own toy basket crammed with toys. Gets to run town lake with me 4 times a week. Hell I even stay in LaQuinta's when I go out of town just so he can come along.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redz_02
I have been told this many times b/c my doberman has cropped ears. It is the look of the dog. Floppy eared dobermans just don't look like dobermans. My response is, you like girls with boob jobs? It's just a simple sergury, pain meds. and treament are given regularly.

If not done right, it is cruel though. I paid 480 in austin/pflugerville, but that included weekly checkups and bloodwork. My dobes ears are perfect, on the verge of a show crop. Took about 2 months to get them to stand up with a week having the sutras off. Around 500 is the going rate for a good crop. Make sure and look at their previous jobs.

I am far from cruel with my dog, he get's a mix of evo and Instinct (easily over 100 bucks a month in food). Has his own toy basket crammed with toys. Gets to run town lake with me 4 times a week. Hell I even stay in LaQuinta's when I go out of town just so he can come along.

agreed... If your gonna do it do it right, because if its not it can be cruel and painful.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

i had my pittbulls done in east texas for $120, they charge $500 here damn!!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

what does it mean if the dog is of warlock blood line ?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do it! They just dont look right with floppy ears. Here is a picture of my dog
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Exactly that's the same thing i tell people about the procedures! Ive done my research on it and im ready just looking for someone that knows how to do it. And yes dobermans just don't look like dobermans with floppy ears. By the way beautiful dog!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaysan
what does it mean if the dog is of warlock blood line ?
Warlock is just a gimick to charge more, they are supposed to be bigger. But if you look at dobermans, they are supposed to be around 80 lbs., slender, and athletic. Most Warlocks top out at 100 lbs.

They are supposed to be the decendants of Ch. Borong the Warlock, which was supposed to be one of the largest dobermans.

Dobermans are intresting dogs, mix of 7 breeds, and the only dog to be bread as a watch dog. Just be forwarned, they love to chew.

PS. Reputable breeders do not claim to have warlock bloodline.

As for the cropping make sure and do it before 13 weeks, if past that just leave them natural b/c they probably wont stand.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Warlock is just a gimick to charge more, they are supposed to be bigger. But if you look at dobermans, they are supposed to be around 80 lbs., slender, and athletic. Most Warlocks top out at 100 lbs.

They are supposed to be the decendants of Ch. Borong the Warlock, which was supposed to be one of the largest dobermans.

Dobermans are intresting dogs, mix of 7 breeds, and the only dog to be bread as a watch dog. Just be forwarned, they love to chew.

PS. Reputable breeders do not claim to have warlock bloodline.

As for the cropping make sure and do it before 13 weeks, if past that just leave them natural b/c they probably wont stand.
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Isnt this same thread on DFWstangs?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

what is the going price for a dobie
Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I paid 500 for mine limited AKC (wasn't going to breed or show him), all papers, met the parents and so forth. They range anywhere from 300-1000. Sometimes other colors (blues, reds, and fawns) are more expensive, but I wanted a normal black and rust doberman. I'll try and get a pic up, but they are great dogs that can be trained within minutes. The only thing that gets old is the watch dog instinct. Even walking, they have to watch everything and everyone, extremely hard to get them to ignore things.

Make sure and give them lots of excercise.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah want a dobie or german shepherd
Old 10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

the whole boob job analogy is retarded and irrelevant. in your analogy you have a woman choosing for herself to get her ***** altered. did your dog ask you to crop his ears? if he did you have an amazing dog there...
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
the whole boob job analogy is retarded and irrelevant. in your analogy you have a woman choosing for herself to get her ***** altered. did your dog ask you to crop his ears? if he did you have an amazing dog there...
In your analogy, can you tell if he doesn't want his ears cropped? How's about getting your dog fixed, is that cruel, does he have a choice in getting his nuts cut off?

Thruthfully, on a cruel level, there are alot worse things in the world. It is a simple sergury that is not cheap and is time comsuming to care for. It's not like people get a pocket knife out and decide to crop their dogs ears, now that is cruel; but actually what some people consider it on the level of. Being in Austin I get a number of tree huggers who first, critisize me for not adopting a dog (have adopted 2 in the past), and second for having a doberman with cropped ears and a docked tail. Eventhough their dog's are overweight, have skin lesions along with patched hair from serving shitty food, and so on.

Last edited by redz_02; 10-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

In your analogy, can you tell if he doesn't want his ears cropped? How's about getting your dog fixed, is that cruel, does he have a choice in getting his nuts cut off?

Thruthfully, on a cruel level, there are alot worse things in the world. It is a simple sergury that is not cheap and is time comsuming to care for. It's not like people get a pocket knife out and decide to crop their dogs ears, now that is cruel; but actually what some people consider it on the level of. Being in Austin I get a number of tree huggers who first, critisize me for not adopting a dog (have adopted 2 in the past), and second for having a doberman with cropped ears and a docked tail. Eventhough their dog's are overweight, have skin lesions along with patched hair from serving shitty food, and so on.

I never said I was against it. I had a dobie with cropped ears and a docked tail. I was just pointing out the his analogy was irrelevant.

Quick Reply: Ear cropper in dfw