Wake up call to street racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wake up call to street racing

So ive been guilty of racing too, everybody has. At work i have a 18yr old kid that was racing and got into a bad accident, killed his passenger when he hit concrete barrier (drugs and etoh). The other car racing hit a car with a mom and 3 kids, killing the mother then fleeing the seen. This 18 yr olds life is over and will be going to jail for a long time. Be careful out there everyone. Dont drink/abuse drugs and drive!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dshag
So ive been guilty of racing too, everybody has. At work i have a 18yr old kid that was racing and got into a bad accident, killed his passenger when he hit concrete barrier (drugs and etoh). The other car racing hit a car with a mom and 3 kids, killing the mother then fleeing the seen. This 18 yr olds life is over and will be going to jail for a long time. Be careful out there everyone. Dont drink/abuse drugs and drive!

The ****** media will turn this into street racing and totally leave the part out that the kid was messed up on dope. Had he not have been messed up on dope maybe he would have let off early or chose to not race at that time.
At 18yrs old it doesnt surprise me. I think all of us have done dumb **** at that age some of us walk away and some end up like this kid. Is it worth it or are you willing to roll the dice? Thats how I will raise my kids. Apparently he wasnt raised that way
Old 02-19-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

it was a truck/suv like vehicle that was racing
Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So don't race on "drugs and etoh"

Got it.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Etoh? Why couldn't you just say ethanol or alcohol?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripps
Etoh? Why couldn't you just say ethanol or alcohol?
too much to type lol
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if u r "street racing" on the highway round other cars u r a ****** retard! if ur goin to race on the street do it the safe way. on a street that is very untraveled at the time of the race. and somewhere u can see something coming from a long way away. dont let the lil ricer **** drag u down to their level. if they really wanna race take em out and do it right. dont be a ricer ***
Old 02-19-2010, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh and alcohol and drugs have no place in racing or any kind
Old 02-20-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seeing that the punishment for getting caught is so steep i just quit doing it all together. i get taunted allllll the time but just ignore it or wave them off. it's not worth it.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
if u r "street racing" on the highway round other cars u r a ****** retard! if ur goin to race on the street do it the safe way. on a street that is very untraveled at the time of the race. and somewhere u can see something coming from a long way away. dont let the lil ricer **** drag u down to their level. if they really wanna race take em out and do it right. dont be a ricer ***
Couldn't agree more. Some people have zero common sense when it comes to street racing. They get all caught up in the moment and dont think.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

This isn't a "wake up call to street racing"... It's a wake up call to getting fucked up and driving like an *******. Don't get me wrong, a story like that isn't easy for anyone to hear and I pray for the family of the victims. BUT, that's a retarded *** comparison/example of street racing if you ask me. I don't condone street racing on populated roads, but it's stupid **** like this that makes it look like some horrible offense.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
This isn't a "wake up call to street racing"... It's a wake up call to getting fucked up and driving like an *******. Don't get me wrong, a story like that isn't easy for anyone to hear and I pray for the family of the victims. BUT, that's a retarded *** comparison/example of street racing if you ask me. I don't condone street racing on populated roads, but it's stupid **** like this that makes it look like some horrible offense.
When done the way that kid did it is a horrible offense. I think the cops harrasing everyone with a decent sportcar will only get worse. Im going to start drivin the ******* wagon. Beats rediculous tickets any day of the week.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by youguessit
When done the way that kid did it is a horrible offense.
I agree, but the focus here should be on the fact that this kid was drunk and high. Don't you think? I mean, it's not like this was some adamant street racer that just decided to get tore up on his way to the local meet.

I used to go to meets around here and race every weekend. And the people we went with would not have accepted ANYONE acting stupid or driving like a jackass, much less some drunk asshat following us around.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

its always the slow ******* that act stupid
!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captain_Stabbin
its always the slow ******* that act stupid
!!!
If I was cruisin an SUV, the LAST thing I'd do is get into a street race with it and embarrass myself past being seen in the damn thing to begin with. lol Define SUV..: top heavy, non cornering, under powered, underbraked, NOT designed to be put to ANY racing...ESPECIALLY street slolams. I guess the DUI just intensified the temporal loss of reality. Well at least it wasn't habit forming for him.
Of course, I have kids and I do occasionally drive an SUV.. but again, I creep around in it as so NOT to get noticed. The Z28 is another story altogether.
I agree the real moral to this story is that if you are going to employ your car in some street insanity, the least you can do is tip the odds in favor of surviving it by NOT being stoned or drunk.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

im so sick of the BS about street racing. i used to race at rankin about 10 or so yrs ago and it was great till idiots started showing up, have to say mostly imports. when fast and furious came out every slow and sexually frustrated import thought they were a sports car and started stupid crap. its not even the car its the person normally some young kid and its all he can afford since most money is spent on some form of mind altering substance. they go out thinking they are invincible and did stupid crap.

its not the cars or the racing its the idiots out there, if you look at most "street racing" accidents most of the time drugs and alcohol are a factor. instead of cracking down on fast cars crack down on DUIs ppl die every night from ppl under the influence. how often do ppl die from street racing.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
when fast and furious came out every slow and sexually frustrated import thought they were a sports car and started stupid crap.
That stupid *** movie single handedly ruined street racing in america.

Originally Posted by DarknessHunter
how often do ppl die from street racing.
You can't even ask that question anymore because everything is tied to street racing now. If you're at a car meet anytime after dark, you must be there to race... if you get into an accident anywhere in the vicinity of a sports car, you were racing... if you get into an accident at high speed it's because you were racing, the other car must have just taken off... if someone has a heart attack anywhere near a road way, it's because they saw someone street racing
Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

i believe it was an avalanche and the only charges hes getting is dui and dwi
Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
seeing that the punishment for getting caught is so steep i just quit doing it all together. i get taunted allllll the time but just ignore it or wave them off. it's not worth it.
That's why I quit. I also rarely go WOT now, too.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dshag
i believe it was an avalanche and the only charges hes getting is dui and dwi
Should be getting Murder 1.