I'm getting f#@%ed over.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm getting f#@%ed over.....

Ill keep it short.

I rear ended a guy during the snow storms a couple of weeks ago and totaled my Camaro. I hit the back of his late model 2500 Chevy truck going 60 mph and pushed him into the other lane, then he got hit on the front passenger side quarter panel. The damage on his truck was not that extensive. The quote was 3,650 dollars in damage. No big deal. Thats what insurance is for.

Today, I found out that he is suing my parents, the policy holders, because he has "an neck injury that is unrepairable and will cause him harm for the rest of his life." This is ******* bull ****...... After the wreck he was fine. He didn't say a word about being hurt or needing to go to the hospital. In fact, I took most of the blow. I was hurting more than he was. Now, this piece of **** is going after my parents money because he found out that i wasn't on my own plan. WTF! His dude is lying and trying to **** me over. I talked to him over the phone a week ago and he said nothing about being injured at all.

I'm sure my dad knows a few good lawyers and has it under control, but **** i feel bad putting them in this fucked up situation. Any advice or thoughts?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont drive 60 in snow storms maybe

sucks man, thats just how some people are
Old 03-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Camaro + snow + 60 MPH = stupid. I have a Land Cruiser with full-time 4WD and good tires and I don't drive that fast in the snow. Chalk this up as a learning experience.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Ill clarify. The snow was off the road, but just wet. All drivers were driving 60.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Launching!

He may not have been sore when he talked to you. I was hit by a kid several years ago and felt fine at the time. Shortly afterward, I started getting pain in my knees (my knees impacted the dash). I had an MRI and there didn't appear to be anything wrong with them. Five years later and my knees still hurt off and on. You never know when it comes to car accidents/injuries.

As I said..chalk this up as a learning experience. Everyone around you may have been going 60 MPH, but that was obviously too fast if you rear ended someone.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlv6
Camaro + snow = stupid
Fixed....
Old 03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Fixed....
That was my first thought, but I wasn't going to go there (lots of people seem to drive their cars in the snow).
Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry about your situation man. I hate people like that. What a piece of S***! HIM: Oh my neck hurts... YOU: Get your 400 pound wife off of you!

Sucks man hope this gets sorted out for you. He is a liar and his doctor is less than runny dog crap for doing that for him. I have no faith in people.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the way the world is these Days.... Someone thinks they can get some money out of somebody for nothing. I'm sure he probably wasn't hurt, He started thinking about it, or a lawyer contacted him after finding out about the accident, and know all of a sudden, he thinks hye's going to come out of this with some money... Good luck to you. I hope he gets nothing....
Old 03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work for the local Fire Dept, happens all the time. Someone looking to get paid. Now on the other side of that: A woman here locally was in an accident and said she was fine with no injuries. Went to the hospital the next day with a headache and died with a brain bleed. It can happen. Most are looking for a free ride. Good Luck
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Insurance is required by law to step in when you are sued. Unless you have some cut rate POS insurance they will pay him off and you wont have to worry.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by johnlv6
He may not have been sore when he talked to you. I was hit by a kid several years ago and felt fine at the time. Shortly afterward, I started getting pain in my knees (my knees impacted the dash). I had an MRI and there didn't appear to be anything wrong with them. Five years later and my knees still hurt off and on. You never know when it comes to car accidents/injuries.

As I said..chalk this up as a learning experience. Everyone around you may have been going 60 MPH, but that was obviously too fast if you rear ended someone.
I have been hit hard twice. Both times I didn't really feel any stiffness until the next day. I wasn't really in pain until 36-48 hours later. The first time wasn't too bad. I had to take it easy and stop working out for about 6 weeks.

The last time sucked. My wife and I were leaving for Hawaii 5 days later. It was a 2 week trip we had planned for a year. I was in pain so we had to change our plans and do less stuff even with meds. That was an expensive trip and it was f'ed up because some guy was too busy on his cell phone to even notice the traffic light he ran before broadsiding my truck. I still had to do physical therapy for 2 months afterwards and wasn't back to my normal workout routine for about 6 months and got out of shape bad. It took me a while to get back in shape.

Now, I would never sue the person, but think about how much you can screw up a persons normal life. I have not gone for big $$$ either time, but you better believe I was compensated for big mess they made out of my life and vacation.

Both times I had attorneys contact me and tell me they could make me rich off of it. I am not even sure how they got my info. I told them to leave me alone. This guy may be in a tight spot and thinks these guys will solve his problems.

This wreck wasn't your intention, but keep in mind he could be in pain even though he seemed fine at the time. How he is going about it is not what I think should happen, but welcome to modern America.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I had someone try to sue me for her hitting me. She was fine up intil the cops asked her for her license and she dident have it never had one , same with insurance, then all the sudden she was so "injured" she needed an ambulance and couldn't talk

Your insurance company takes it and usually fights it for you, and you usually wont know the outcome or ever deal with it personally. Thats how state farm is at least. All i got was a letter in the mail saying not to talk to anyone about it and such, and what was going on. From there they handled it.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

There is nothing you can do and your insurance will step in and fight the lawsuit. More than likely they will throw a few bucks at him if he actually has a doctor and what not on his side. If not your insurance will tell him to **** off.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Teching In

To help your dads case...TAKE THIS POST DOWN!! The guy could have an lawyer watching what your saying.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by Happytokr
To help your dads case...TAKE THIS POST DOWN!! The guy could have an lawyer watching what your saying.
he didnt really say anything incriminating, just the story, but i know that a lawyer might be able to turn it upside down, but to the OP becareful what you say/type in public if this does go to court! if it does i would delete this post asap though...
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

if you had insurance he canot sue you... thats what ins. is for. i tried to sue the company that hit my car and couldnt cause they had ins. talk to a lawyer about it.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Teching In

I got in a pretty bad accident about 11 months ago, I luckily made it out alive with minor injuries, but recently been feeling back pains and been getting checked out. So you never know.....

heres a pic of the My old Cobra and the Damage:

Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

What the **** happened? Get run over by a damn 18 wheeler??? ****, can you walk?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM
TECH Resident

I hit a guy a few years back. I was going 5 mph. He had been in an accident a year before with injuries. He went to the hospital 5 days after our accident. Said his back was bothering him again. My ins co called me and told me this. I told them to check out the guy, I think he is lying. I never heard a word about it again. They guy said he was not going to fix his truck as it was old. A few weeks later I saw him driving a newer truck.