new cop car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new cop car...

well my dad showed me this the other day... i doubt every city will get them and doubt they will be popular BUUUT my dad said they are discontinueing the crown vics so they are going to have to be this or the charger's... i cant wait to see how they handle and maybe my dad will be able to give me a ride if he gets one ... here are some videos on it, not that great but ehh you get the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yopO9vPcOlw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aeyjjNU6lA
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

I bet it'll be pretty popular. It's everything the police like.

Ford is also going to be unveiling a new FWD police interceptor this Friday, I guess it's going to be based on the Taurus.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdqxRM26wY

Funny you posted this as I had a conversation this morning and was told Fort Bend county was going with these. There kinda cool.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSport346
I bet it'll be pretty popular. It's everything the police like.

Ford is also going to be unveiling a new FWD police interceptor this Friday, I guess it's going to be based on the Taurus.
police definitly do NOT like fwd cars... fwd are well, umm sub par to their standards...
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still faster lol
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it will catch on. Expensive and hard to find parts since its made in Australia. Of course GM could build it in Canada at the Camaro factory, since they're both on the same platform.

Cops may love it to death, but I think it will be a budget buster for repair costs. Also, I don't see GM bringing this over as a police only special. This could fill a big hole in GM's lineup for a big inexpensive car, market it as the Chevy Impala.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
police definitly do NOT like fwd cars... fwd are well, umm sub par to their standards...
My bad, it's actually rumored to be AWD.

And quite a few police up here drive Impalas. Not nearly as many as there are CVs though.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AronZ28
I don't think it will catch on. Expensive and hard to find parts since its made in Australia. Of course GM could build it in Canada at the Camaro factory, since they're both on the same platform.

Cops may love it to death, but I think it will be a budget buster for repair costs. Also, I don't see GM bringing this over as a police only special. This could fill a big hole in GM's lineup for a big inexpensive car, market it as the Chevy Impala.
If they're going to bring it here, there will be a civilian version as well, I guarantee it. And also, I believe all powertrain parts for these cars are Chevy-based, so most parts won't be a problem.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Has anyone seen the cops on bikes? Like crotchrocket? (Sp) on my local forum we had a discussion of it while back , I had see 2 of them riding on 45 and had the vest on and said police on the back of it ...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red281gt
Has anyone seen the cops on bikes? Like crotchrocket? (Sp) on my local forum we had a discussion of it while back , I had see 2 of them riding on 45 and had the vest on and said police on the back of it ...
WOW! would like to see pic's
Old 03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red281gt

seen em to !! thats pretty sick !
Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Oklahoma State Highway Patrol still ride on Busa's I think
Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AronZ28

These won't be marketed as an Impala. Last I read on the Caprice is that it was suppose to be a LEO only vehicle. It would make sense to market them to everyone, but I guess they don't like money!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how can they get away with that? If a civilian can't go in and order the vehicle i would think they would have a basis for a lawsuit of some sort. like discrimination or something? i don't see how GM could offer a "Police only vehicle"
Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
how can they get away with that? If a civilian can't go in and order the vehicle i would think they would have a basis for a lawsuit of some sort. like discrimination or something? i don't see how GM could offer a "Police only vehicle"
Are you joking? The Military has vehicles specifically made for them like oh... tanks, jet fighters, battle ships and I don't see those being offered to the civilian population. There should be no reason why this can't be a "Police only vehicle".
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LEO
Are you joking? The Military has vehicles specifically made for them like oh... tanks, jet fighters, battle ships and I don't see those being offered to the civilian population. There should be no reason why this can't be a "Police only vehicle".
a tank is hardly a car. i suppose anyone who wants one will just get falsified documents claiming to be a police officer anyway so it's not that big of a deal. i just think if someone wants one they should be able to buy it legally instead of having to resort to that or shipping one from australia.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LEO
There should be no reason why this can't be a "Police only vehicle".
Only reason I can see is because it most likely would be cost prohibitive.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 92-T5
seen em to !! thats pretty sick !
YEAH it is , they r busas and 1000 that i have seen , they r a special team to track down streetracing or someshit ... i actually seen them around the 45s area since its our side
Old 03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
a tank is hardly a car. i suppose anyone who wants one will just get falsified documents claiming to be a police officer anyway so it's not that big of a deal. i just think if someone wants one they should be able to buy it legally instead of having to resort to that or shipping one from australia.
Same thing as the B4C Camaros. They were a police only option, but you could get your dealer to get you one even without being a police agency.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SuperSport346
Same thing as the B4C Camaros. They were a police only option, but you could get your dealer to get you one even without being a police agency.
well yeah but you could still buy a Z28 with an LT1/LS1. it wasn't like you couldn't get a V8 camaro. they are almost saying you won't be able to buy a civilian equivelent of the new caprice unless you buy one from overseas.