San Antonio Raceway 3/19

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio Raceway 3/19

Anybody heading to the track, and not to Sealy this weekend? I'll be in town from Houston and wanted to make a couple passes Friday night. BTW, I have not ran at SAR in a few years, but I remember the couple times I did, the track prep was a joke. Have they improved that?

Mark
Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

late night bump, just got drove in to San Antonio a few hours ago. Anybody going tomorrow?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from lane 1.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
BTW, I have not ran at SAR in a few years, but I remember the couple times I did, the track prep was a joke. Have they improved that?

Mark

I got 4.10 gears with nitrous running in the low 11's and I think that track is pretty sticky. Hell, they run the Oreilley's National there.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
Stay away from lane 1.
Thanks, but lane 1 did well for me tonight. 1.72, 1.74, 1.78, 1.80 60ft's on 18 inch drag radials. The right lane looked much worse. Every professional drag car that ran solo all ran in lane 1.

Too bad my car would not shift in to 4th after the first few passes. The tranny is gone, barely got the car to the river house.

It was nice to meet Kevin, out there. Strong car for the lightly modded Fbody. That 12.47 was a nice run with his trap speed.

SAR was really not as bad as I remember. The track officials are a bunch of jack azzes, but other than that, I was happy.

Very nice to run out here instead of HRP. Less than 100 cars tonight, and there was no line.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Thanks, but lane 1 did well for me tonight. 1.72, 1.74, 1.78, 1.80 60ft's on 18 inch drag radials. The right lane looked much worse. Every professional drag car that ran solo all ran in lane 1.

Too bad my car would not shift in to 4th after the first few passes. The tranny is gone, barely got the car to the river house.

It was nice to meet Kevin, out there. Strong car for the lightly modded Fbody. That 12.47 was a nice run with his trap speed.

SAR was really not as bad as I remember. The track officials are a bunch of jack azzes, but other than that, I was happy.

Very nice to run out here instead of HRP. Less than 100 cars tonight, and there was no line.
Nice to meet you. If you aren't driving a full out drag car the track officials act like you don't belong there. Nice Z06, if you need help getting you car on the road LMK.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by work in progress
Nice to meet you. If you aren't driving a full out drag car the track officials act like you don't belong there. Nice Z06, if you need help getting you car on the road LMK.
Thanks! Did you see my last run? The official will look at you and give a ridiculous signal to do your burnout, most of the time, and sometimes with his back to you. I've never seen that at HRP, HMP, Lone Star, or in Ennis.

2 passes before, the starter yelled at me to get going because the guy telling you do pull in and do your burnout was talking to another car, so I did my burnout.

The last run, I ran solo, and no cars were anywhere down track. I thought he gave me a signal with his back turned to me, which he did the second run of the night. So I do my burnout, and the jackass gets in front of my car about 6 inches from my front bumper. ******* idiot fails to realize that I don't have a line lock, so naturally, my car is going to move forward or stall and die. It jumps forward a few inches while on the brakes, and he yells at me. What stupid freaking redneck jumps in front of a car while its doing its burnout, regardless if it should or not?

Last edited by winters97gt; 03-20-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Agree, they are getting to be ******* *** hats. You almost have to figure out what they want you to do without any communication. I have learned to just sit there and wait if they start doing that.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't see your last run, but that sounds about right. I don't do anything untill I know they want me to move. Did you see the orange GT500? You came up when I was talking with him, he went out of his way to come tell me his car made 600hp and ran 11.00 at 120 with slicks. My time slip showed he ran 111mph and was 10 cars back when I finished, total dip!
Old 03-21-2010, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

I can't tell you how hard Clint and myself were laughing at that guy. He trapped 109, 111, 111, then a 114 on the runs we watched and was running 13's and a 14 second pass. The funny part about it is that he reved his car at me after I made a pass in the pits and he was hot lapping. I had no idea why, as I am not a Chevy or Ford guy and didn't even look at the guy. I just like cars. It looked like you left him sleeping at the tree, and the rest was ugly. 600hp and 109-114mph, my ***.....

That C6 I raced was running a nice shot. Do you know him? I talked to him after our pass. I told him good race, but he said he had no bottle pressure, but that pass was the fastest he ran during the night and his fastest MPH that we saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUbkUD-SlRY

Originally Posted by work in progress
I didn't see your last run, but that sounds about right. I don't do anything untill I know they want me to move. Did you see the orange GT500? You came up when I was talking with him, he went out of his way to come tell me his car made 600hp and ran 11.00 at 120 with slicks. My time slip showed he ran 111mph and was 10 cars back when I finished, total dip!

Last edited by winters97gt; 03-21-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=winters97gt;13063223]
That C6 I raced was running a nice shot. Do you know him? I talked to him after our pass. I told him good race, but he said he had no bottle pressure, but that pass was the fastest he ran during the night and his fastest MPH that we saw.

I know him, he is running the same tire you are and can't launch the car at all. As far as I know he is running a 75 shot, the fastest I have seen him run was 11.8 or .9 @ 123mph. I would think that should be a low 11 setup, as I have seen other LS3 c6's running low 12's on motor.