how do you do SEO for a web site?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you do SEO for a web site?

I just started a web site for another business i just started and i wanted to know how to get it to pop up on the first page when doing a search for it on google etc.... www.jumpnsplash.com im not advertizing this i just need help...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Does this mean I get come over and test out the new equipment to make sure it is safe for the kids?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PARTY at Johns house! lol!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think Dickinson is spelled wrong in the website
Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Change the meta data in the html code. You can look at my company website as an example. http://flash-widgets.com

Put keywords relevant to your product offering. Don't go overboard too many keywords and some search engines will mark you as spam.
You need to actually submit it to Google, Yahoo, etc. after that.
example:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="Description" content="Rich Mobile Application development using Adobe Mobile Client, Flash lite, Capuchin, AJAX and Adobe AIR. Mobile Server logic built with PHP and MYSQL.">
<meta name="Keywords" content="flash widgets, flashwidgets, flash lite, adobe, nokia, mobile, capuchin, adobe mobile client, adobe air, mobile air, rich mobile applications, rich internet applications, rich media, flash, mobile devices, flashlite, flex, actionscript, live data search, ajax, flash-widgets.com, web design, components, flash components, widgets">
Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Does this mean I get come over and test out the new equipment to make sure it is safe for the kids?

andrew you are one of the kids!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inspector12
PARTY at Johns house! lol!
from the zip line to the water slides im down...
Old 07-04-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by InsomZ
Change the meta data in the html code. You can look at my company website as an example. http://flash-widgets.com

Put keywords relevant to your product offering. Don't go overboard too many keywords and some search engines will mark you as spam.
You need to actually submit it to Google, Yahoo, etc. after that.
example:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="Description" content="Rich Mobile Application development using Adobe Mobile Client, Flash lite, Capuchin, AJAX and Adobe AIR. Mobile Server logic built with PHP and MYSQL.">
<meta name="Keywords" content="flash widgets, flashwidgets, flash lite, adobe, nokia, mobile, capuchin, adobe mobile client, adobe air, mobile air, rich mobile applications, rich internet applications, rich media, flash, mobile devices, flashlite, flex, actionscript, live data search, ajax, flash-widgets.com, web design, components, flash components, widgets">
thanks i did all of this already but its still like on the 35th page someone said to link youtube videos to your site and it will help also?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need something niche about your site to get front page.. specific type of bounce house people are after. I would do this.. Texas, Bounce House, DFW,

So when people search DFW Bounce house or whatever you are on the first page.

You can use google analytics to see what people type in the most when they find your site.. move that to the front of your keyword tags.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's more to SEO than just meta tags. I'm a full time SEO optimizer for the company I work with. And over the period of time I have been with them, I have taken their website from being in the 2nd or 3rd pages, to being top 1 or 2 rankings for VERY competitive keywords (phrases that are searched over millions of times a month).

Here are some of the tips I give to everyone:
- Inbound links. Get lots and lots of inbound links from quality websites.
- Fresh new relevant content. Best way to do this is with a blog (wordpress).
- Code in W3 standards, and make sure to make your website viewable by all versions of browsers.
- Page load times. Make sure your page is loading under 3 seconds on a T1 connection. Otherwise, spiders might just ignore your page, or not gather all content. If you're coding in PHP there is a function called ob_flush to compress all your pages.
- Keyword stuffing. Use alt and title attributes for images, title attributes for a tags, etc...
- Keywords in H1, H2, and H3 tags.
- Google Analytics

That's just the beginning... I can go on and on... And I can even show blackhat ways to get you ranked high. But this should be a good starting point for you. PM me if you'd like more info, or help.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 07-04-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Launching!

It's true, there is more to SEO then just meta tags. I spend hours weekly driving customers into our site from our blog and social media sites.

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
There's more to SEO than just meta tags. I'm a full time SEO optimizer for the company I work with. And over the period of time I have been with them, I have taken their website from being in the 2nd or 3rd pages, to being top 1 or 2 rankings for VERY competitive keywords (phrases that are searched over millions of times a month).

Here are some of the tips I give to everyone:
- Inbound links. Get lots and lots of inbound links from quality websites.
- Fresh new relevant content. Best way to do this is with a blog (wordpress).
- Code in W3 standards, and make sure to make your website viewable by all versions of browsers.
- Page load times. Make sure your page is loading under 3 seconds on a T1 connection. Otherwise, spiders might just ignore your page, or not gather all content. If you're coding in PHP there is a function called ob_flush to compress all your pages.
- Keyword stuffing. Use alt and title attributes for images, title attributes for a tags, etc...
- Keywords in H1, H2, and H3 tags.
- Google Analytics

That's just the beginning... I can go on and on... And I can even show blackhat ways to get you ranked high. But this should be a good starting point for you. PM me if you'd like more info, or help.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, you don't get ranked high immediately. SEO is an ongoing process, and can take weeks, months, even years if the keyword you are trying to rank for is very competitive.