Need advice. People who sell on here alot

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice. People who sell on here alot

Alright I sold my qa1s to a guy in Chicago. He argued with me about the price for a while then a few days later he Said he "would gamble" and agreed to pay the price I wanted. ( I already knocked some off cause he wanted my driveshaft loop also) so I told him I would have it out the next few days. Then he tells me he wanted them within 3 days. (this is after he paid me). So now I ship it priority mail and I had to pay an extra $15 shipping out of my pocket. No big deal. About a week and a half or two weeks later he sends me a message saying one of the rear shocks adjuster was stuck. I'm 110% sure it wasn't stuck when I shipped it cause I was adjusting them trying to figure out if I should keep the shocks extended or compress them so the rod wouldn't get bent. ( I packaged then very well also) And as listed on my ad the shocks were 4 years old and they have been sitting on a car that blew the motor. (but again they worked fine when they left my house). As seen by my trader rating I'm a straight forward seller and buyer. I'm not here to screw anyone. What do y'all think I should do? Pay half for the rebuild or not?

Sorry for all the miss types. I'm on my phone right now
Old 08-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If he already got you down on the price, then stated "He would gamble", my .02 is he gambled. If things are as you say then he rolled the dice & didn't win (maybe).
The other option is have him send it all back @ his expense & after you get it reimburse him. Then sell to someone else. This is why I like to deal local. No he said this or that.
I have had a couple of offers on my Door Panels but I won't ship them because of this.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He bought used parts IMO. You take your chances with that and it can and has bit me in the *** at times. Unless he paid nearly new prices. I would just tell him I'm sorry, but you've had them for a while, and you don't know how or what he has been doing with them etc... If he paid top dollar I might be inclined to help him a LITTLE, but you are not obligated by any means. GL!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

He paid 490 shipped for a full set of qa1s and a brand new drive shaft loop. I think that's a great price on the parts. Thanks guys I was thinking the same thing. I have been burned myself on used parts. I just don't understand how the adjusted was "stuck" though when he got it cause it was not whn it was shipped
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell him to **** off and go swallow a ****. A front set alone costs more than that...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

There is always a chance when buying used part thus the reason they are sold for less than new parts are. I would tell him they were sold as is. He agreed on the price and decided to take the gamble.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he actually said he "would gamble", he acknowledges that there is some risk involved.

I would tell him that:

1) Your trader rating speaks volumes on your intentions. The shock was in good working order when it left your possession. How are you supposed to know he didn't screw it up when he received it.

2) When you "gamble" some times you lose. If he wanted a "sure thing", he should've bought new.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys thats exactly how I feel.