New car time

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New car time

Alright, it's about that time so I am wondering what's all out there. I'd like to keep it at $15k tops. Was looking at 4x4 crew cab trucks but if anyone has any cars to recommend then throw them out.

Gonna start off with my sisters 68k mile Escalade. It's really clean inside and out. Paint is peeling on the front bumper but I think that's about it. They live down a dirt road so it's dirty in the pics they sent me. It is 4x4, 6 in lift and 35's.. I am not really sure what the story is but it's a Tahoe that's been fully converted, even the key fob is Caddilac.. Has a 2 year warranty and the transmission was replaced like the day after they bought it.

I was going to trade my Trans Am plus $4000 for it or $12k outright. I am really more curious on how much it's worth? If I buy it and don't like it I would at least like to be able to break even. Any typical problems with these things?

Old 10-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if they wash it...that thing doesn't look likes it worth much judging by pics.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That ***** ugly.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Oh great, another retarded thread about to take over.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Oh great, another retarded thread about to take over.
Stop trolling and it won't happen.

And I am kinda sketchy about it, I'd rather wait it out for a truck but I was wondering if these SUV's are worth anything so if I didn't like it I could sell it.

Last edited by retardedpenguin; 10-24-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Stop trolling and it won't happen.

And I am kinda sketchy about it, I'd rather wait it out for a truck but I was wondering if these SUV's are worth anything so if I didn't like it I could sell it.
If it was a real escalade then it might be worth a little. I would pass on it and wait for something better to come along. You sound like me, got money burning a hole in your pocket and ready to jump on the first thing you see. Patience is the key.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup, just sucks not being able to find the right one, very frustrating. I like the Escalade a lot but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. Also my mom said it has a 3 year warranty. It looks very nice cleaned up but the wheels need to be replaced, just have crap gunked on them and they don't look good to me. I really want a Ram 2500 or F250 but I think they are just too far out of my range. Ram 1500's are sketchy and not really a fan of silverado's but I have found a few nice ones.
The F150's have really grown on me and I found one local today. I stopped by and he wants $11,000. It looks very clean inside and out BUT it has 110k miles. It has 4x4, crew cab and everything else I want plus it's a nice color. What y'all think? Only thing I don't like is the miles but it looks like a 15k mile truck. Doesn't even have any rock chips.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

if you like it, buy it. simple as that.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Yea I'd def pass on that "escahoe", not worth it. The F150 is pretty clean for the mileage, but ford trucks last forever. There's still another 100k easy left in that. See if the guy will go lower on price. BTW, people still use The Club?! Haven't seen one of those in a LONG time.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
if you like it, buy it. simple as that.
Threads like this on other forums have saved my *** MANY times before and you are always supposed to ask around before you buy instead if blindly jumping into a vehicle. Did that a couple times and it didn't work out very well in the long run. Sometimes I do just jump into a muscle car but with something like this that I wanna keep a while it's better to ask for others help.

Originally Posted by KL20
Yea I'd def pass on that "escahoe", not worth it. The F150 is pretty clean for the mileage, but ford trucks last forever. There's still another 100k easy left in that. See if the guy will go lower on price. BTW, people still use The Club?! Haven't seen one of those in a LONG time.
Lol there is guy at Whataburger about 50 ft behind me in the pics that uses one for his POS Mazda b2000 or whatever the hell it is. It's cheap insurance though, I was always scared to leave my cars out for sale like that but Pearland is really chill and there are cops EVERYWHERE in the late night hours. I hate driving through this town at midnight.

I am gonna go try and test drive it later, it's a really nice truck and priced very well to others I have seen.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

im pretty sure that is a real escalade...but regardless id still pass on it

id rather rock that ford before i rocked that escalade...

not feeling the escalade at all...

just my .02 cents thou

like jake the snake said "if you like it, but it. simple as that"
Old 10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
im pretty sure that is a real escalade...but regardless id still pass on it

id rather rock that ford before i rocked that escalade...

not feeling the escalade at all...

just my .02 cents thou

like jake the snake said "if you like it, but it. simple as that"
That is NOT a real escalade. Just some quick things I see:
missing escalade shifter
missing esclade chrome door handles
has 4wd buttons(escalades were 2wd or awd aka no switches)
doesnt have the scalade center console
doesnt have an escalade cluster
missing leather wrapped grab handle over air bag
has Z71 tahoe roof rack not escalade chromed one

Im sure I could find more if there were more pictures

I wouldnt hesitate to buy that ford if you could jew him down a bit more. They make great trucks, both of my work trucks (04 and 08) have beaten to **** out on the job sites and havent had any problems with them. If Fords new diesel and trans turn out to be winners I may be getting one of them next.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would pass on the SUV if your looking a resale and if it isnt a real Cadillac that is going to hurt you. You will have to find someone that wants that exact truck, if you look at Texas Direct Auto you can gauge what stuff is selling for, and they will let you buy at there location, or take your chances bidding on Ebay. Thats what I would do. But the Ford isnt a bad deal my dads Ford just rolled 200k and still running strong. Same thing with my moms 02 Dodge 1500 190k and still a great truck.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

get yourself into a Sierra Denali if you can find one. Amazingly smooth trucks, and all the bells and whistles.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
I would pass on the SUV if your looking a resale and if it isnt a real Cadillac that is going to hurt you. You will have to find someone that wants that exact truck, if you look at Texas Direct Auto you can gauge what stuff is selling for, and they will let you buy at there location, or take your chances bidding on Ebay. Thats what I would do. But the Ford isnt a bad deal my dads Ford just rolled 200k and still running strong. Same thing with my moms 02 Dodge 1500 190k and still a great truck.
I mean, I am not looking to make any money off of it, I'd just like to be able to work my way out of it if I don't like it or something else happens. Not really a fan of the green either.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
That is NOT a real escalade. Just some quick things I see:
missing escalade shifter
missing esclade chrome door handles
has 4wd buttons(escalades were 2wd or awd aka no switches)
doesnt have the scalade center console
doesnt have an escalade cluster
missing leather wrapped grab handle over air bag
has Z71 tahoe roof rack not escalade chromed one

Im sure I could find more if there were more pictures

I wouldnt hesitate to buy that ford if you could jew him down a bit more. They make great trucks, both of my work trucks (04 and 08) have beaten to **** out on the job sites and havent had any problems with them. If Fords new diesel and trans turn out to be winners I may be getting one of them next.
The story is that the original owners wanted a 4x4 Escalade but they didn't make such a thing so they had this one built. The owner traded it in at a dealership and they couldn't tell until they saw the title therefore shelling out Escalade dollars for a Tahoe and called the girl up asking for some money back haha.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Ford and always hear good things about them despite all the mad **** everyone talks. Gonna go check it out in a little bit and see if I can't work a deal. Just need to sell the damn T/A first.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Thats quite a few miles. Me, I would pass on it because of the miles. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

A Cadillac-converted Tahoe? Don't buy that.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Thats quite a few miles. Me, I would pass on it because of the miles. Just my 2 cents.
I know, it's as little iffy but I just went and test drove it a few minutes ago. Truck is just amazing inside out, it literally looks like a brand new truck. Interior is perfect and it drove great. I didn't get on it but it felt like it had a good bit of power, drives a hell of a lot better than that Escalade. I drove an F150 in driving school and it brought back some fun memories haha..

So yeah, I fell in love with it. Still gonna be looking around though while I wait for my car to sell, if anyone knows of something for sell let me know.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

we have ford trucks at work, and you couldnt pay me to drive one. They are loose, all over the road, rough riding trucks. BUT, if you like it man, snag it up. After all, it is your hard earned money your spending, so spend it on what YOU like.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Im curious why ya'lls fords are in such bad condition. Being in the construction industry, my company has probably north of 3000 trucks. We used to get chevrolets but the door pulls wear out with how many times a day we get in and out of them and the transmissions(damn 60es lol) would go out all the time. We got some fords 2002ish and they were fine but the bean counters thought we should go to dodge(in 05) since they were cheaper. The ac constantly goes out in those, out of the 20ish my office got 3 had blown engines within 100K. Along with getting worse mileage. For the 08 year model we went back to ford and luckily it was my time to get a new truck due to mileage on it, and Ive got just shy of 60K on it with no problems at all. The steering is great, ac blows cold and I just in general like the solid feel the truck has due to the frame. Much better than the 04 f150 I had before. My truck has been put through hell on some of the highway projects Ive done. They wont buy us 4wd trucks or even a locking diff, so in order to get where we need to go its peddle to the floor and try and hit the mud with enough speed to make it through. I dont drive my truck easy on the street either, not purposefully tearing it up Im just not easy on the throttle(damn v6 wont get out of its own way) and havent had any problems at all. IMO ford builds a nice truck, I just dont care for the looks or the drivetrain until the recent redesign and new drivetrain.