NE Texas members, avoid Red River Ford in Durant, OK

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default NE Texas members, avoid Red River Ford in Durant, OK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXRF...&feature=feedu

This dealership has been doing everything they can since day 1 to deny service to a paying customer of a brand new 2011 5.0 GT/CS bought new at their dealer in November of 2010.

Car had trouble at 3k miles and they were pissy when pressure plate bolts backed out and caused some damage, at 5k they flagged the car to deny warranty coverage.

If this is their idea of customer service I hope everyone can avoid them and take their business elsewhere.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they claiming it's being ragged on? If it's stock, I don't see how they can say it voided the warranty... I mean seriously how hard do you have to drive a car to void the warranty? Power shift every time and do 5k launches?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

take to another dealer. not that big of a deal. talk to the service manager there. easy. they dont wanna fix it open a claim with ford. HOWEVER, i personaly know someone who is getting fucked by ford as well. he has a powerstroke 6.0 harley davidson edition. spent alot of money bought it brand new. something happened to the motor(go figure its a powerchoke) at around 90k miles. they pulled the motor and fixed it. since then, he has had it back in the shop 6 times in 5k miles for similar issues. his warranty is up at 100k. so he called ford and tried to get them to provide him an extended warranty or extend whats happening to his truck. they flat out denied him. and its not like he drives a ranger. he drives the top of the line truck from them. pretty shitty if you ask me
Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

They put a flag on the VIN so other dealers won't mess with it unless Ford gets that lifted. Basically from what I understand, if they fix the car then they won't be reimbursed by Ford for doing the job.

The car has a CAI, cat back mufflers, and he swapped the stock tires for some wider Hankook summer tires he got a crazy deal on.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing that would void the warranty... The route i would take is campout infront of the dealer with a huge sign saying dont come here they wont warranty your car etc.. call the news crews and get them in on the story.. It has worked many times before.. If you get the name out and embarrass them it will get covered..
Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speedracer2536
Nothing that would void the warranty... The route i would take is campout infront of the dealer with a huge sign saying dont come here they wont warranty your car etc.. call the news crews and get them in on the story.. It has worked many times before.. If you get the name out and embarrass them it will get covered..
I agree. Don't do anything that would be considered slander or something but exercise your first amendment right and get enough people involved. This is why I hate dealerships with a passion.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

Holy ****, I'd be pissed... When I worked at Conn's our damn company denied many warranties and people got pissed. They called the Attorney General and got stuff done. They also had banners and signs in front of the store saying how Conn's wouldn't honor their warranty.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Launching!

its not the ford dealerships its the ******* pos cars
Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

He got rid of it today, he doesn't have the time to fight with them and wanted a new truck anyway. A guy he knows was desperately wanting a Mustang but couldn't get out from under his '10 F150 payments. (Hopefully Ford can build a truck worth a **** since they can't do cars)

So they traded, my brother still lost $2500 on the deal but has a working vehicle so he can get to work and back and stuff.

The guy is planning on trying to stick a Viper T56 in the car.

After this whole fiasco, **** Ford.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah not happy with Ford myself - Had my MKZ in for the VHR/911 Sync Update and they fried the APIM (Sync Module) and then wouldn't cover the part claiming I couldn't prove it wasn't broken prior to dropping it off.

Last edited by Head Hunter; 04-25-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

The guy is planning on trying to stick a Viper T56 in the car.

After this whole fiasco, **** Ford.
I went that route after I broke the input shaft in my 03 cobra, fords version of the T56 was weaksauce when compared to the viper spec t56. Was not cheap though, around 4K and change after trans, DS and clutch.. He can get the TR 6060 that is in the GT500 as a complete kit. FWIW...I had heard the 6spd in the 5.0s was sourced from china. I got my setup from D&D..I would call them for fitment with a 5.0L.

D&D TR6060

D&D Magnum based on TR6060

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 04-25-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Papers came from the BBB today too he is going to keep up with that and any other complaints that can be filed against the dealer and company.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

if it's not bone stock they can void the warranty. Lots of dealers do it. No one will fight it to prove the mods didn't cause the issue. But it's not just fords who do this. If you mod it, anything at all be preparred in todays economy to loose the warranty. It sucks, but it is what it is. Get it from the owner and the service manager what they will void th warranty for and what they will allow. Lot easier to do that then to try and get a flagged from ford lifted.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fiancée's fathers F-150 motor blew and Ford said he didnt change his oil, and this guy is the most meticulous guy I have met with taking car of his vehicles, so he had to dish out 7k for a new motor, with that being said he now owns a 2011 Nissan Titan fully loaded
Old 04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

*shrugs* GM had no problem replacing my neighbors 6.0l in his truck which also had a Hypertech, long tubes, catless exhaust, CAI, and a NHRA sticker on the back glass.

I could see if it had 50k miles on it, or if the clutch was toast at 5k miles, but not a busted *** trans at 5k.

Looked up specs and the Getrag MT82 they are using is rated at 384ft/lbs (410tq peak). Why they felt that was good enough for a car under rated at 390ft/lbs I don't know. Pretty shitty IMO.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

*shrugs* GM had no problem replacing my neighbors 6.0l in his truck which also had a Hypertech, long tubes, catless exhaust, CAI, and a NHRA sticker on the back glass.

I could see if it had 50k miles on it, or if the clutch was toast at 5k miles, but not a busted *** trans at 5k.

Looked up specs and the Getrag MT82 they are using is rated at 384ft/lbs (410tq peak). Why they felt that was good enough for a car under rated at 390ft/lbs I don't know. Pretty shitty IMO.
Lol, I saw you post that on youtube. But that's stupid. So Ford just thought,

"Ok guys, we're really hyping up this new 5.0 GT that everybody has been PRAYING for. Let's give them a good motor, but to keep it cheap, let's use a transmission that will handle just the bare minimum."
"But sir, doesn't that mean that just some headers or an intake can destroy the transmission?"
"Oh well, that will be their problem. We'll just say it was abused."
Old 04-25-2011, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

I'm finding out real quick who my Ford nut hugging friends are lately. A couple are literally offended I've been telling people about this.

I don't understand that kind of blind brand loyalty.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Launching!

I'm finding out real quick who my Ford nut hugging friends are lately. A couple are literally offended I've been telling people about this.

I don't understand that kind of blind brand loyalty.
man speak the truth they're just mad because we finally found the weak spot in their new BULLET PROOF mustang and they aren't happy about it. its funny now seeing all those guys ranting about the 5.0 hitting 11's with slicks and a 5k rpm drop i wonder how many of them still have working trannys...lolol
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Lol, I saw you post that on youtube. But that's stupid. So Ford just thought,

"Ok guys, we're really hyping up this new 5.0 GT that everybody has been PRAYING for. Let's give them a good motor, but to keep it cheap, let's use a transmission that will handle just the bare minimum."
"But sir, doesn't that mean that just some headers or an intake can destroy the transmission?"
"Oh well, that will be their problem. We'll just say it was abused."
Someone should make this into a Hitler versioin
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
man speak the truth they're just mad because we finally found the weak spot in their new BULLET PROOF mustang and they aren't happy about it. its funny now seeing all those guys ranting about the 5.0 hitting 11's with slicks and a 5k rpm drop i wonder how many of them still have working trannys...lolol
Almost all of them. They've been in the low 10's already with no problems. This is the first I've heard of this problem, I've only seen the clutch spring problem and the mystery engine tick. I will agree they do have terrible *** customer service and a quick google search will tell you to people who have experienced this quite often with the new mustangs so far. The Getrag is a german designed trans, just made in china but then again what the hell isn't now a days. FWIW it sounds like your brother just bought from the wrong place and is paying for it.

Quick Reply: NE Texas members, avoid Red River Ford in Durant, OK