Anyone work for Sprint ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone work for Sprint ?

I need someone to look into an ESN/DEC for me. Phone is not reported lost or stolen, I just want to verify some info.

Thanks,
Ernie
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

No one ?? LOL

Well, for the back story, I bought an HTC Evo 3D on CL, ESN showed that it is not stolen or lost, but is still "active" on the previous owner's account. It was supposed to drop off the account today, but has not. No luck in trying to reach the previous owner. Trying to figure out if I will ever be able to activate it or if I have a fancy electronic brick. I did check again with Sprint today to make sure it is not reported stolen or has a balance against it.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just wait it out another day or so, if they havent removed it from their account that means their still paying for it.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, I'll probably give it another week or so. Otherwise I guess I'll try and sell it to one of those guys who turn them into Cricket phones, LOL.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to the sprint chat option and check there. If it is bad then it is bad, you got ripped. Never buy a phone that has a bad esn regardless of what the seller tells you.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you're buying a phone, try to always meet them at a Sprint store. This way the employee there can verify that it's a clean ESN and they can activate it for you.

Asking the seller to meet at a Sprint store for verification will also deter people selling stolen/bricked phones. If they know it won't be able to be activated there, they usually won't want to meet you, which will in turn protect you as the buyer.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

You guys are right on the money there ! Lesson learned, pay attention to exactly what they say when an ESN is checked. I asked on the Sprint online chat before I met the seller if it was clean, and they said it was not reported lost/stolen but that it was still active on the account. I did not think much of that, but it is a red flag and I didn't understand the implications. That usually means it is locked to the account because they still owe money on it, but it hasn't made it to collections yet, so the ESN is not blacklisted.

I was able to do some "research" and found out that there is a past due balance of $990 on the account. Needless to say, it is now on it's way to becoming a Cricket phone for someone else.

I'll pretty much break even between selling the handset to a Cricket dealer and selling the Otterbox case and car charger, so I consider myself lucky.

Thanks again guys and be wary, there's all sorts of scams out there.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayosequis
You guys are right on the money there ! Lesson learned, pay attention to exactly what they say when an ESN is checked. I asked on the Sprint online chat before I met the seller if it was clean, and they said it was not reported lost/stolen but that it was still active on the account. I did not think much of that, but it is a red flag and I didn't understand the implications. That usually means it is locked to the account because they still owe money on it, but it hasn't made it to collections yet, so the ESN is not blacklisted.

I was able to do some "research" and found out that there is a past due balance of $990 on the account. Needless to say, it is now on it's way to becoming a Cricket phone for someone else.

I'll pretty much break even between selling the handset to a Cricket dealer and selling the Otterbox case and car charger, so I consider myself lucky.

Thanks again guys and be wary, there's all sorts of scams out there.
that sux man. atleast you will be breaking out even.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

True enough ! How have you been ?? How's the SS treating you ?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks... Time to create a craiglists ad for the seller in the m4m section...
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayosequis
True enough ! How have you been ?? How's the SS treating you ?
I've been good man how about you? it's treating me very good.

i'll get some pics of it this week (i have to wash it) you wont recognize it anymore lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
That sucks... Time to create a craiglists ad for the seller in the m4m section...
LOL ! Good idea.

And bobbyd, I would definitely want to see some pics ! I am sure it's only looking better.