So how long would you give a shop to give a copy of your build sheet

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So how long would you give a shop to give a copy of your build sheet

I misplaced my build sheet. I have called a certain shop I have done business with and have spent substantial amount a money with (close to 20k) . I started calling 3 weeks ago. At first they answered the phone and told me they would get it to me in a few days. Few days went by, and I call again, same story. Called the owner said he would get it to me last Monday. Monday went by and I call again now all I get is the shop voice mail and his voice mail. I gonna try again tomorrow, before I release the name of the shop. Its getting a little ridiculous. Only reason Im posting this now is that last time I did. I got an immediate phone call, and the situation handle. I dont think Im being unreasonable.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. You loss the build sheet and now the shop is at fault.
2. You spend 20k and don't know what your 20k build consist of.
3. If it's that big of a deal stop by the shop in person.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stop by the shop

As for this guy^^^^^^, shops should be able to pull and print in invoice in seconds. No excuse there IMO.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by regorih383
Exactly
Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah a shop should be able to get that for you in no time,
Old 11-28-2011, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

It's not like he lost his build sheet and the shop no longer has it and he's upset because of that. He's making a complaint that a shop has been telling him for weeks that they will send him a copy of his build sheet, but they haven't seemed to want to take the five minutes to find his invoice, print it, stuff it in an envelope, and put it in the Outing Mail box on the desk.

Personally, I'd just go by the shop in person. Phone calls are easy to ignore if you're busy, but a customer who is standing in front of you warrants a little more attention. Is it kind of crappy that you have to do that just to get a piece of paper? Kind of, yea. You would hope that a business who you invested a lot of money with would grant you just a few minutes of their time to help you out real quick, but sometimes stuff happens and they get distracted.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Most shops keep records in quickbooks or a similar program, printing a copy doesn't take but a few seconds.

Now them getting around to actually do it my take a bit longer.

Last edited by FlashWS6; 11-28-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

If they did a good job on ur build quit complaining. Shops are busy and tend to forget to do small things like that. Just go over n ask for it otherwise you might nvr get it.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Companies with good customer service never have an attitude of "not my problem". If one of my customers ask for an invoice from 8 years ago ill get it done. Customer satisfaction = repeat business.

It is not unreasonable to ask for an invoice or build sheet... assuming they keep those records. If not... then that is just an unfortunate situation for the customer.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
Companies with good customer service never have an attitude of "not my problem". If one of my customers ask for an invoice from 8 years ago ill get it done. Customer satisfaction = repeat business.

It is not unreasonable to ask for an invoice or build sheet... assuming they keep those records. If not... then that is just an unfortunate situation for the customer.
X2, Could not agree more.

Do not tell a customer you will get something to them and not deliver. If they did not want to deal with it they should have told him to come in or they no longer have it. To spend 20k on a car is not chump change and to put off a previous customer like this may ensure the next build could go to another shop.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

1. I never said it was the shops fault. I would like to receive the simple courtesy of some customer service. A simple phone call saying hey we dont have it and cant get it to you would end the discussion. Not empty promises.

2. At the time i knew exactly what I had. I cant recall the exact cam specs now and other smaller details. I need this b/c the car never made past 7lbs of boost. Later I find out that they pretty much had my car sitting there for 3 weeks not working on solving the issue.

3. Shops 100 miles away.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

I hope that shop is not 100 miles south- if so it may be the shop that
gave me a quote of $4400 to install kooks headers and true duals with relocation of PHB
Old 11-28-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. but making a post on a public forum about a g'damn build sheet? lol
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by icen
I misplaced my build sheet. I have called a certain shop I have done business with and have spent substantial amount a money with (close to 20k) . I started calling 3 weeks ago. At first they answered the phone and told me they would get it to me in a few days. Few days went by, and I call again, same story. Called the owner said he would get it to me last Monday. Monday went by and I call again now all I get is the shop voice mail and his voice mail. I gonna try again tomorrow, before I release the name of the shop. Its getting a little ridiculous. Only reason Im posting this now is that last time I did. I got an immediate phone call, and the situation handle. I dont think Im being unreasonable.
Reason
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Didnt you know since you waited so long for the work to be done you have to wait just as long to get a reprint of build sheet. JK sorry to hear its taking so long.