Why do all REDNECKS sound the same??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why do all REDNECKS sound the same??

So I'm watching this show teens having babies or some **** and these damn rednecks sound like the same rednecks on swamp people. How do they all sound the same in so many different cities and states?? No matter where you go they all talk the same. Crazy peoples....
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
So I'm watching this show teens having babies or some **** and these damn rednecks sound like the same rednecks on swamp people. How do they all sound the same in so many different cities and states?? No matter where you go they all talk the same. Crazy peoples....
Maybe because these rednecks originally came from the same place somewhere in Europe?

I know it's hard to believe, but all white people originally came from another country...
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My former boss sounds EXACTLY like Early the squid from squidbillies. but cusses alot more and is way more racist. Its funny hearing him talk, the **** he comes up with and sez.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

I thought you were a redneck when I met up with you to buy some parts awhile back...
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Theres a big difference in Redneck and Coonass. People from north of the line can still understand rednecks. Lol
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVQ7imOr7U
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

You want to see real redneck? This is a bit long, but worth it!

When **** Flies!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I hear the word redneck I automatically think "Walking Dead" not sure why lol
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sc300
Maybe because these rednecks originally came from the same place somewhere in Europe?

I know it's hard to believe, but all white people originally came from another country...
this is the dumbest thing i have ever seen on ls1tech
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
You want to see real redneck? This is a bit long, but worth it!

When **** Flies!!!
thats a cool story lol
Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95batmobile
why? its true. regional dialects in america have been traced back to regional dialects in england, which originated with the invasion of britain by the various germanic tribes. each of these tribes spoke a different dialect, which over time mixed with other languages to form what we now know as modern english--just spoken slightly differently. when britain colonized north america, these various dialects came over and settled in different places depending on which wave came over at what time.

of course, the english we speak in the united states is quite different from uk english. that's because those original dialects mixed with other languages and dialects and evolved into the regional accents we have today, including the aforementioned "red neck" sound.

A prime example of this can be seen in appalachia, which was settled by the scots and irish, resulting in this back country hillbilly dialect we've come to know and love today
Old 05-24-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 95batmobile
uh OK!

i guess you are too dumb and totally missed my point..
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
why? its true. regional dialects in america have been traced back to regional dialects in england, which originated with the invasion of britain by the various germanic tribes. each of these tribes spoke a different dialect, which over time mixed with other languages to form what we now know as modern english--just spoken slightly differently. when britain colonized north america, these various dialects came over and settled in different places depending on which wave came over at what time.

of course, the english we speak in the united states is quite different from uk english. that's because those original dialects mixed with other languages and dialects and evolved into the regional accents we have today, including the aforementioned "red neck" sound.

A prime example of this can be seen in appalachia, which was settled by the scots and irish, resulting in this back country hillbilly dialect we've come to know and love today
thanks for breaking it down to some of these people that just totally didn't get my point..
Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

This trend is ridiculous.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You live in Texas and you can't tell the difference between a redneck and a coon ***? Do you get out much?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kingd_202
I thought you were a redneck when I met up with you to buy some parts awhile back...
My neck was most likely red due to the sun but that's about as redneck as I get...LOL

I'm not debating where people came from. I understand the English culture. I don't understand the broken english they speak and "coonass" speaking terms they have. I can hang out with people from the "city" DFW and we speak normal and clearly. I can also go hang out with my friends down in stevenville and they all sound like country folks with broken english. It's almost like an unspoken rule, you live in a country, you speak REDNECK or "coonass" as some may call it.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sc300

Actually rednecks could have ancestors from various countries and even tribals. Reneckism has nothing to do with a person's European ancestry, otherwise all white people would be rednecks. It has more to do with where a person was raised than their ancestry.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
My neck was most likely red due to the sun but that's about as redneck as I get...LOL

I'm not debating where people came from. I understand the English culture. I don't understand the broken english they speak and "coonass" speaking terms they have. I can hang out with people from the "city" DFW and we speak normal and clearly. I can also go hang out with my friends down in stevenville and they all sound like country folks with broken english. It's almost like an unspoken rule, you live in a country, you speak REDNECK or "coonass" as some may call it.
perhaps it's because isolated communities are less susceptible to linguistic 'evolution' because they have little to no outside influences to change the way they speak?

redneck is not coonass--coonass is cajun, mr english culture expert

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Actually rednecks could have ancestors from various countries and even tribals. Reneckism has nothing to do with a person's European ancestry, otherwise all white people would be rednecks. It has more to do with where a person was raised than their ancestry.
you're right, it has nothing to do with blood or ancestry. this is purely a nurture over nature situation. children learn language from the people speaking around them, ergo if a certain community speaks with a certain dialect the children will likely pick up on it and speak it too. for example, if you raise a child in the ghetto he will likely speak ebonics regardless if the child is white or black. by the same token, a child raised in a heavily rural community will likely have the hick accent to which you refer.

for what it's worth, my previous post doesn't explain why everyone in the south talks like a redneck, because we don't. rather, it explains how those dialects got to where they are in the first place. whether or not you speak that way is dependent upon whether or not those around you speak that way.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Why is it still ok to say racist **** about white people but nobody else?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
Why is it still ok to say racist **** about white people but nobody else?
white folk don't get butt hurt nearly as much...