Will I pass Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will I pass Inspection

Gents,

I need to put some miles on my new block and was wondering if I would pass inspection with the these DTC codes P0103 MASS Air Flow High Frenquesncy and P1637 Generator L. Terminal Circuit. There is no SES light? It also has two incomplete on once per trip test, but my car is allowed two of those since it's a 2000. Any help greatly appreciated...

Vehicle: 2000 Ws-6

DTC's Readiness State:

P0103 MAF
P1637 Generator L Terminal Circuit

Continuous Tests:

All complete

Once per Trip tests:

Catalyst Complete
Heated Catalyst N/A
EVAP Incomplete
Secondary Air System Complete
A/C System N/A
Oxygen sensor Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater Complete
EGR System Complete
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Everything has to check ready when they plug it into the computer and you'll pass no problem.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CHADsterss
Everything has to check ready when they plug it into the computer and you'll pass no problem.
No kidding. LMAO
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. Will not pass you with codes or Check engine lights if you are in an emission requiring county.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

You will fail with EVAP Incomplete. It needs more miles under varying driving conditions. Oxygen sensors also need to be ready. Are you running catless? You'll need O2 simulators if you are. I just went through this on two different cars that had batteries disconnected for awhile. It takes awhile for the emissions system to reset.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its only $39.50, take it down there and give it a try. If the codes are pending it will pass but once it pops up and the light comes on no.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

If you fail I don't think you get charged until you get the problem fixed (I think)
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
If you fail I don't think you get charged until you get the problem fixed (I think)
I believe that they will charge you (even if you fail) but if you get it fixed and come back, they won't charge you again.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Wrong, well in austin anyway. If it is a emmission county yes you get charged for the inspection if you pass or not. Be honest think about that from a business standpoint? How would you stay in business if you didnt charge people for work performed, depended on if the customer took care of their responsibilities?

Second it will NOT pass if you have ANY check engine codes, also will not pass if you have any tests not completed. They have really gotten hard core on that lately to prevent people from getting around issues. Dont waste your time and money if you have codes and the pcm isnt ready. If you need to drive the car around legally to finish tuning it and getting the bugs worked out you can go get a temp tag from the dmv for around 30 bucks and its good for a month and totally legal to drive. Just need insurance on the car and boom no inspection sticker needed.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

most places in Houston will give you 15 days to fix it and bring it back and not get charged again.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KevinR
I believe that they will charge you (even if you fail) but if you get it fixed and come back, they won't charge you again.
Originally Posted by spinya
Wrong, well in austin anyway. If it is a emmission county yes you get charged for the inspection if you pass or not. Be honest think about that from a business standpoint? How would you stay in business if you didnt charge people for work performed, depended on if the customer took care of their responsibilities?

Second it will NOT pass if you have ANY check engine codes, also will not pass if you have any tests not completed. They have really gotten hard core on that lately to prevent people from getting around issues. Dont waste your time and money if you have codes and the pcm isnt ready. If you need to drive the car around legally to finish tuning it and getting the bugs worked out you can go get a temp tag from the dmv for around 30 bucks and its good for a month and totally legal to drive. Just need insurance on the car and boom no inspection sticker needed.

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by mike171562
most places in Houston will give you 15 days to fix it and bring it back and not get charged again.
Ahh ok. So I was right just had it backwards in a way. Basically they won't charge you twice.

Same topic but different question. Say you have tint on your windows that won't pass inspection. Can I just roll them down and pull the fuse and tell them my windows won't roll up and I havent found the cause yet. They still are able to pass you right?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh ok. So I was right just had it backwards in a way. Basically they won't charge you twice.

Same topic but different question. Say you have tint on your windows that won't pass inspection. Can I just roll them down and pull the fuse and tell them my windows won't roll up and I havent found the cause yet. They still are able to pass you right?
I'm sure they have seen it all. If you want to try it, go for it. However, I doubt it will work.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that would most likely depend on the inspector, just ask to talk to the inspector before they start , tell him your windows dont roll up and if he would fail you for that

I had to take my DD to two different places cause my tail light lenses were broken at the bottom, the law says no light can shine through and there wasnt any , but the first inspector said he would fail it, the second one said no problem.

Last edited by mike171562; 08-24-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Launching!

well i know i have a check engine light on and it passed inspection. tint there is a few places around here that will pass it. i know a guy i work with just got his passed after getting a ticket for it being to dark.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by caturnbull1
well i know i have a check engine light on and it passed inspection. tint there is a few places around here that will pass it. i know a guy i work with just got his passed after getting a ticket for it being to dark.
If you passed inspection with a check engine light on you are in a non emission testing county. As long as they don't do emissions they don't car about the light. Just that it passes safety stuff.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Launching!

so i guess i dont have to worry about running lt headers with no cats just dual pipes

Quick Reply: Will I pass Inspection