New website I started. Find a Kwik Kar near you.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New website I started. Find a Kwik Kar near you.

As many of you know, Kwik Kar's are not a franchise or run by corporate. The problem with that is, there isn't a National Locator for Kwik Kar's out there like Jiffy Lube or other national brands have. So I saw a need for and built a website for the end user(customers) to use to help them locate one near them.
The owners of the stores have an option to sign up and upgrade their memberships which are the ones in yellow. We launched a little over 3 weeks ago and are gaining new visits by the day. Check out the site and any feedback is welcome.

KWIKKARUSA.COM
Thanks,
Jordan
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
As many of you know, Kwik Kar's are not a franchise or run by corporate. The problem with that is, there isn't a National Locator for Kwik Kar's out there like Jiffy Lube or other national brands have. So I saw a need for and built a website for the end user(customers) to use to help them locate one near them.
The owners of the stores have an option to sign up and upgrade their memberships which are the ones in yellow. We launched a little over 3 weeks ago and are gaining new visits by the day. Check out the site and any feedback is welcome.

KWIKKARUSA.COM
Thanks,
Jordan
Awesome!! I take it you own one too??

How does one open one up??? Do they have to pay any company for the rights to the name?

edit: nvm I found it on your website.

Last edited by SSHAWK; 12-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Just a heads up, you might want to correct the spelling on the word "safety" on the Auto services tab.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5w20
Just a heads up, you might want to correct the spelling on the word "safety" on the Auto services tab.
Thanks...
Old 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

The site looks great. How was it working with the website developer? Would you recommend them?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by texas94z
The site looks great. How was it working with the website developer? Would you recommend them?
well there was two, first one I'm suing and the other one. Well it was not easy by any means.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
well there was two, first one I'm suing and the other one. Well it was not easy by any means.
Wasn't expecting that response. Thanks for the heads up. Great web dev companies are hard to come by.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

The easy part is the website. The hard part is developing the database and search function.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford
The easy part is the website. The hard part is developing the database and search function.
Do you have experience building websites, specifically eCommerce?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

We build sites: smbSEO.com
Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Im not gonna lie, kwik lar sucks. My sister bought a BRAND NEW Hyundai sonata back in 07 i believe, kwik car was the ONLY place to ever do h er oil changes, she had all the receipts and everything. One day they told her that her oil pan needed replaced because the bolt was stripped on the inside. Im no master mechanic but im 27 and ive been doing my own oil changes on all my vehicles and not ever ONCE did i ever have a problem. I called the manager of the kwik kar in crosby and had a talk with him. He basically said that with these new aluminum oil pans they tend to warp alot, i then explained to him my camaro and how it had an aluminum oil pan, i raced just about every weekend and never once had a single problem, then he asked how old i was as to show some sort of "im older then you and i know more then you" type argument. Dude was a complete ******* douche bag and idiot.

Thats just my story with them. Im sure people have some that they LOVE. But as for me and anyone i talk to, or any of my family, ill never suggest a kwik kar to anyone i know.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by boofthese
Im not gonna lie, kwik lar sucks. My sister bought a BRAND NEW Hyundai sonata back in 07 i believe, kwik car was the ONLY place to ever do h er oil changes, she had all the receipts and everything. One day they told her that her oil pan needed replaced because the bolt was stripped on the inside. Im no master mechanic but im 27 and ive been doing my own oil changes on all my vehicles and not ever ONCE did i ever have a problem. I called the manager of the kwik kar in crosby and had a talk with him. He basically said that with these new aluminum oil pans they tend to warp alot, i then explained to him my camaro and how it had an aluminum oil pan, i raced just about every weekend and never once had a single problem, then he asked how old i was as to show some sort of "im older then you and i know more then you" type argument. Dude was a complete ******* douche bag and idiot.

Thats just my story with them. Im sure people have some that they LOVE. But as for me and anyone i talk to, or any of my family, ill never suggest a kwik kar to anyone i know.
Funny thing is that I see this issue at least once a month especially on cars with aluminium pans because they do strip out easier with steel drain plugs. Its usually because they get over tightened and that tends to happen a lot at quick lubes but not everyone, it usually comes down to the person doing the oil change cause I have seen it happen in dealerships to quite a bit.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mlmedina26
Funny thing is that I see this issue at least once a month especially on cars with aluminium pans because they do strip out easier with steel drain plugs. Its usually because they get over tightened and that tends to happen a lot at quick lubes but not everyone, it usually comes down to the person doing the oil change cause I have seen it happen in dealerships to quite a bit.
Well i guess what i didnt point out was that at the particular location im talking about its usually young kids who work there. Im guessing they dont know the difference in snug and TIGHT..
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear about your problems with the oil pan. It all comes down to training and how you work with your employees. I'm not going to lie and say every Kwik Kar is the best because I've been to about 100 of them over the years and there are some bad ones. I'd suggest find a store that you can trust and get to know the guys that work there. I would look for a store where the owner is there most of time, those seem to be the better ran stores from looking in on the outside.

On another note, the new oil pans do strip out faster for some reason even with putting about 5-7 ft lbs on the plug.

Also glad to hear dealerships aren't made of GOLD.

Quick Reply: New website I started. Find a Kwik Kar near you.