Hype about Lonestar Mufflers in Southeast Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hype about Lonestar Mufflers in Southeast Houston

So Ive been researching for a muffler shop in Houston that would build me true duals, and from all of the threads i read I heard good reviews about Lonestar mufflers on Telephone rd. So I take my car there and ask about getting true duals and I get all of these excuses on why they wont do them. I thought they would be willing to do them with a price, but I guess not. I want to know if fitting a true dual system is really that much of a hassle? I see threads in which people with no exhaust building experience build their own system from scratch so I know it can be done .If anyone that has recently gotten true duals put on in Houston at a muffler shop let me know where you go them put on.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to deer park muffler off center street and talk to mark tell him victor with the black camaro sent you and you want to get true duals on your car he did awesome ******* work on my true duals 3 inch pipe all the way back on each 3 1/2 inch flared opening for the headers to slip in on band clamps and he ran em under the sway bar and installed 2 loudmouth slp muffler with tips right after the muffler on the rear part of the car by the bumper it looked like sex lol and sounded like ******* crazy on my car
Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

go early its an all day thing lol
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

people have mixed feelings about the guy i dont care im not there to be anyones friend its all business and he has always done right be me and ive had no issues with him perfect work
Old 10-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Launching!

if you dont mind me asking how much did he charge and would it be too much to get some pics of your setup?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

i just sold my set up since im going turbo but i think my photobucket still has the pics let me check and i cant remember it wasnt like super expensive i was very happy with everything and had no issues with him on any of the work to some people he comes off like a jerk but i really dont care its all business to me and its top notch stuff
Old 10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

the only thing i brought him was my own mufflers and tips that i wanted since i found them for a good price and he custom fabbed the true duals ran everything ceramic painted them black with heat paint and installed the mufflers and welded the tips to them
Old 10-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Launching!

how long ago was this?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Launching!

yeah i read things about the guy from deer park muffler, but i mean if he can do the work I could care less about him, its not like im trying to be his friend or anything its just business
Old 10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

7 months ago about
Old 10-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Mark is a great guy but don't let any high school monkeys in there touch your ****. I always made an appointment with him personally and he did a few jobs for me.

Garbs in Baytown is solid no matter who does the welding, at least they were a year ago when I lived in the area.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by elis94camaro
So Ive been researching for a muffler shop in Houston that would build me true duals, and from all of the threads i read I heard good reviews about Lonestar mufflers on Telephone rd. So I take my car there and ask about getting true duals and I get all of these excuses on why they wont do them. I thought they would be willing to do them with a price, but I guess not. I want to know if fitting a true dual system is really that much of a hassle? I see threads in which people with no exhaust building experience build their own system from scratch so I know it can be done .If anyone that has recently gotten true duals put on in Houston at a muffler shop let me know where you go them put on.
Weird.They just built a custom xpipe and dual system that noody wanted to touch for me.I had heard though that they turn away alot of work so I guess it boils down to how hungry they are.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Rick's LoneStar muffler in pasadena is the one you needed to go to.. Rick is the guy that builds the custom stuff and does a killer job.. He did a nice 3" mandrel bent system on my 71' Vette..

I'd highly recommend him.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Launching!

oh so there is another lonestar muffler in pasadena? is it called ricks lonestar muffler or just lonestar muffler?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Turbo_Stang
Weird.They just built a custom xpipe and dual system that noody wanted to touch for me.I had heard though that they turn away alot of work so I guess it boils down to how hungry they are.
yeah it seemed that they just didnt want to do the work that day, and that was that I just wanted it dumped and not under over the axle
Old 10-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I just googled lonestar muffler in pasadena and found their website online and it said custom duals on there. Their website is real nice. I guess i found me a new muffler shop. thanks for recomending it. Im going to swing by there next week and check it out
Old 10-28-2014, 09:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by elis94camaro
oh so there is another lonestar muffler in pasadena? is it called ricks lonestar muffler or just lonestar muffler?
There are 3 lonestar mufflers that i know of.

Ricks Lonestar Muffler on Southmore in Pasadena
Lonestar Muffler on Richey and Allendale in Pasadena
Lonestar Muffler on Telephone in Houston

The owner of the Lonestar on Telephone was one of the best guys who worked at Deer Park Muffler. Him and Mark had a dispute and needless to say the split ways. He did my (Lonestar) exhaust on my Mustang, 3" dual with a x-pipe. my car is lowered and he tucked it up all nice like for a very reasonable price. Rick is good people too, I took my car to him 1st but he was so backed up he couldnt get to it so I went to the one on Telephone
Old 10-29-2014, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not talking about anyone in particular. If someone can't treat me with a little bit of respect right before they take my money, they can go ahead and **** off.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by v8sten
There are 3 lonestar mufflers that i know of.

Ricks Lonestar Muffler on Southmore in Pasadena
Lonestar Muffler on Richey and Allendale in Pasadena
Lonestar Muffler on Telephone in Houston

The owner of the Lonestar on Telephone was one of the best guys who worked at Deer Park Muffler. Him and Mark had a dispute and needless to say the split ways. He did my (Lonestar) exhaust on my Mustang, 3" dual with a x-pipe. my car is lowered and he tucked it up all nice like for a very reasonable price. Rick is good people too, I took my car to him 1st but he was so backed up he couldnt get to it so I went to the one on Telephone
I guess he did your car because mustangs come with true duals from the factory as oppose to my camaro that has a ypipe from the factory.

Quick Reply: Hype about Lonestar Mufflers in Southeast Houston