Hobby Shop / Warehouse space North Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hobby Shop / Warehouse space North Houston?

Hey guys,

I am looking to get a little hobby shop space in the north side of Houston between Tomball and the Woodlands.

I've been looking around and haven't found much, I was curious if any of y'all had any luck renting little 20x30+ size shops/warehouses for hobby use with access to a restroom and my own power box I can install 220.

I'm moving to this side of town and moving out of my house and want more space than I've had with a 2 car garage, but I'm not trying to spend $1000 a month on a facility I'll spend less than 50 hours a month at.

Just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask on here.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:10 AM
TECH Regular

I looked around a good bit in the woodlands area and the porter area and couldn't find hardly anything under $1200/month for 800-1200ftSqft. Found one place off 1314 between 242 and 59 that was $800/month for just over 2000sqft, but the owner decided not to because they couldn't find anyone to rent out just the 600 or 800 sqft attached office space separately and the three of us couldn't justify spending $1400/month on the place and taking the office space.

I heard there's some decent places around the beltway in the 59 area but that's way too far for me.

I gave up looking because I couldn't find anything close to home (Woodlands area/Porter area) and now I really don't have the time to spend in the shop as it is right now with my work schedule. Depending on the house the wife and I end up with, I may start looking for a space again.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old thread but there is a place off Loudtta between 45 and 249 (closer to 249) that builds garages for hobbies. Mostly off site man caves. Expensive but I think there are some that people rent out. May stop by there.

I ended up building as it was a lot cheaper
Old 05-01-2015, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

I found a pretty rad little 1200 sq foot space that I somewhat renovated for a good cheap price off Spring Cypress and Stubener. Has A/C too, and a decent little office/bathroom. I could probably live there if I wanted but it's a fantastic man cave one of my buddies and I are renting.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Very cool- that is literally right around the corner from me.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Me and a good friend split a little space by Louetta and Kuykendahl, access to Spring Cypress and Louetta. Its small and not a flashy facility but its cheap and everyone is cool. Good people renting so everyone keeps an eye out.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gleannloche storage on Spring Cypress. Nice facility, great people to deal with.

Lots of car guys there. No issue with installing lifts, etc.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Gleannloche storage on Spring Cypress. Nice facility, great people to deal with.

Lots of car guys there. No issue with installing lifts, etc.
That place is nuts. I went there because I bought all the shelves out of the computer place that was out front, and the new owners son own's that Concierge Auto Service in the back, and all I saw were dudes working on cars in that place. Not the cheapest place but a cool facility none the less.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had their own limited access meets back there lol.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
That place is nuts. I went there because I bought all the shelves out of the computer place that was out front, and the new owners son own's that Concierge Auto Service in the back, and all I saw were dudes working on cars in that place. Not the cheapest place but a cool facility none the less.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had their own limited access meets back there lol.
Occasionally they do. Nice place to sit around on a Saturday evening and drink a beer or two and chat with other gear heads. The place is really hopping on Saturdays in the summer with everyone getting cleaned up to go to Niftee Fiftee's.

My shop was there for two years. I just recently moved to their other facility @ Blackhorse in Cypress.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

Is Niftee Fiftee's the deal that sets up on Saturday Nights on Louetta near Stubener Airline? I've seen some old car meet thing going on there and haven't had a chance or reason to stop by yet.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:26 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Occasionally they do. Nice place to sit around on a Saturday evening and drink a beer or two and chat with other gear heads. The place is really hopping on Saturdays in the summer with everyone getting cleaned up to go to Niftee Fiftee's.

My shop was there for two years. I just recently moved to their other facility @ Blackhorse in Cypress.
Cool guys, One of the partners that own the Black horse storage loves basketball and built an indoor court there. Ive played a few times and it is awesome.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
Is Niftee Fiftee's the deal that sets up on Saturday Nights on Louetta near Stubener Airline? I've seen some old car meet thing going on there and haven't had a chance or reason to stop by yet.

Yes. Always some nice cars there. 1979 and earlier vehicles only.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Launching!

I can't believe they haven't gone up on that 1979 thing. Seems by now they should be including G bodies, 3rd gens and fox bodies. Maybe up to 1990- that would be 25 years.

Quick Reply: Hobby Shop / Warehouse space North Houston?