Houston tuner opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston tuner opinions

Considering get my H/C f-body tuned in Houston when done last tune years ago was done by MTI would like to know what you guys think about tuners in Houston area that care whether your a poor f-body guy like me or your world class vette owner I know a lot of the big shops don't give a damn bout guy like me. I'm doing work myself just want a great tune
Old 05-08-2015, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Why is Houston tuning so fucked up it was the Mecca years ago so sad
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JaSSon
Considering get my H/C f-body tuned in Houston when done last tune years ago was done by MTI would like to know what you guys think about tuners in Houston area that care whether your a poor f-body guy like me or your world class vette owner I know a lot of the big shops don't give a damn bout guy like me. I'm doing work myself just want a great tune
I stumbled across these guys because they're attached to an injector cleaner place and I wanted to have my injectors cleaned.

They only did a couple edits for me but no tune. They do however talk up big about doing a real numbers tune. Not a 'fake' numbers tune. They have 2 Mustang Dynos and say the Dynajets are unreliable or inflated numbers or some such. One of their dynos will do AWD.

Their G+ page has good reviews.

EngineLogics Inc. 12201 Dover St Houston, TX 77031

https://plus.google.com/+Enginelogics/about?hl=en&gl=us

HTH. Take it for what it's worth.

-Kyle
Old 05-08-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just take it to Pat G, or take it to Louisiana to Geoff Skinner.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

Geoff who is I planned but just checking
Old 05-08-2015, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Geoff who is I planned but just checking
I bought my car and it's been tuned by clear lake speed, it seems to run just fine and I see him tuning people's cars all up and down NASA so I assume he's good too. I have no complaints on mine except for some
Black spot on my exhaust pipes but I guess that's normal for these cars.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want to travel down there, use Pat. I travel about 1.5 hours to see him and I tune to some extent.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by codyvette
If you want to travel down there, use Pat. I travel about 1.5 hours to see him and I tune to some extent.
LOL once you start tuning and see some of the tunes from these local shops its pretty damn bad. Most do MAF tuning and rape the PE table. I learned a long time ago to get a good street tune you have to spend some time on the VE table to get real data to work off of. Other wise your just guessing. That's just my 2 cents and it aint worth much.
My vote would be for PAT G too
Old 05-09-2015, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason

I used Geoff @ EPS the first time when I bought the car a couple of years ago. With the new LSX 427" I used Pat G. down in Victoria. No complaints with either one, both did great jobs on the tuning as far as I am concerned.

Both are pretty good drives for us here in SE Texas, but I would say they are both some of the best tuners around and especially in this part of the country. Don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I have a LS6 valley cover if your still looking for one.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks flo I got a ls6 cover already fixin to send 243s off need a couple other parts, flycut then when heads get back start assembly but lots of cleaning and painting still to go. It's crazy that it seems there's no good tuning in Houston but Geoff is where I'm heading

Last edited by JaSSon; 05-10-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks flo I got a ls6 cover already fixin to send 243s off need a couple other parts, flycut then when heads get back start assembly but lots of cleaning and painting still to go. It's crazy that it seems there's no good thing in Houston but Geoff is where I'm heading
It's sad honestly. There's apparently good tuners but they're not sponsors here so can't really say anything. Like I said clear lake speed is pretty good, he street tunes a lot there. There's flaco in Pasadena too. When I joined in 2009 sponsors would battle each other when a thread like this came up, it's a ghost town now.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsa347
It's sad honestly. There's apparently good tuners but they're not sponsors here so can't really say anything. Like I said clear lake speed is pretty good, he street tunes a lot there. There's flaco in Pasadena too. When I joined in 2009 sponsors would battle each other when a thread like this came up, it's a ghost town now.
I know man what happened
Old 05-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Teching In

I've been tuned by Auto Adrenalin, 510 Race Engineering that's not even there anymore and LMR. LMR did by far the best tune. That was a year ago. I brought it in to them last week because the CK engine light was coming on. Didn't want anyone else to mess with it. They checked it out, fixed the problem, also repaired a connection on the CAI and checked the tune with their lap top. Got me out of there in 2-1/2 hours and charged me nada, that's right no charge. I'll be back there next time for sure.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Look up Elvis tuning, great reviews and his own tuning shop in the south side of houston or catch him at Baytown race track.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

I traveled from San Antonio to Victoria to see Pat G and would do it again. Car runs great, no complaints.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I had a local guy call me today and ask about a tune. He just did a cam and some other stuff on his 06 or so Z71. He got it tuned by the infamous Chuck. He said he has a new shop in Houston called HHP? Anyhow, I directed right to Pat so he can enjoy his investment.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meanjoe123
I've been tuned by Auto Adrenalin, 510 Race Engineering that's not even there anymore and LMR. LMR did by far the best tune. That was a year ago. I brought it in to them last week because the CK engine light was coming on. Didn't want anyone else to mess with it. They checked it out, fixed the problem, also repaired a connection on the CAI and checked the tune with their lap top. Got me out of there in 2-1/2 hours and charged me nada, that's right no charge. I'll be back there next time for sure.
That's weird, my LMR tune sucked, bucked like hell and the VE tables were a joke. G force re did it in 2009 and was perfect, but that was the old shop.

On a side note, 510 closed?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
That's weird, my LMR tune sucked, bucked like hell and the VE tables were a joke. G force re did it in 2009 and was perfect, but that was the old shop.

On a side note, 510 closed?
i dont believe so. i believe they moved locations and changed their name to 510 innovations. someone correct where I am wrong though.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Im tuned by chris at D3 but would not hesitate to recommend cesar at PRD in Pasadena
Old 05-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jdoyle
i dont believe so. i believe they moved locations and changed their name to 510 innovations. someone correct where I am wrong though.
Ok....Let me think, moved locations, changed names, old owner nowhere in sight???? Sounds like it's closed to me.

Quick Reply: Houston tuner opinions