SCT-Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I am the owner of SCT and yes Houston is not going to happen this year. Trust me, it's not something we wanted. I love Houston and you all have a great car scene. We got a call from RPR out of no where saying they weren't interested in having us back this year after we were already on the schedule. No reason other than that. So I called sealy, well......lets just say the owner of that track really doesn't care to have anymore public events. I will say this though, we will be in Texas the same date (Labor Day weekend). Ennis is the first choice and hopefully will know by today or tomorrow. If Ennis doesn't work out we will host it in San Antonio. We have already talked with the new track owner and he is more than willing to host it. Street Car Takeover will be in OKC this weekend and we are expecting a record turn out. For someone who asked what all it takes to host an event like this. Well, let's just say to get one event off it costs around 40k. I also just quit my full time job too because planning these events was taking all my time. Look for the announcement on our Texas event by the end of the week!

Thanks!
-justin-
Old 06-10-2015, 07:58 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Hey guys, I am the owner of SCT and yes Houston is not going to happen this year. Trust me, it's not something we wanted. I love Houston and you all have a great car scene. We got a call from RPR out of no where saying they weren't interested in having us back this year after we were already on the schedule. No reason other than that. So I called sealy, well......lets just say the owner of that track really doesn't care to have anymore public events. I will say this though, we will be in Texas the same date (Labor Day weekend). Ennis is the first choice and hopefully will know by today or tomorrow. If Ennis doesn't work out we will host it in San Antonio. We have already talked with the new track owner and he is more than willing to host it. Street Car Takeover will be in OKC this weekend and we are expecting a record turn out. For someone who asked what all it takes to host an event like this. Well, let's just say to get one event off it costs around 40k. I also just quit my full time job too because planning these events was taking all my time. Look for the announcement on our Texas event by the end of the week!

Thanks!
-justin-

Thanks for stopping in to clear things up. I had guessed around 35k to organize the event so that's good to hear. Do you guys plan to do the RR thing or only drag? If only drag racing did RPR give you the boot all together or only related to RR?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like its Dallas Texas Labor day weekend! Texas Motorplex agreed to take on our event and Dallas Performance will be hosting our dyno night. As far as RPR goes in Houston, one day out the blue Seth called my business partner Chase and said they didn't want to do our event anymore. I don't think TX2K liked us being in Houston.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Screw it bring to Dallas!!! LOL
Old 06-11-2015, 08:01 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like its Dallas Texas Labor day weekend! Texas Motorplex agreed to take on our event and Dallas Performance will be hosting our dyno night. As far as RPR goes in Houston, one day out the blue Seth called my business partner Chase and said they didn't want to do our event anymore. I don't think TX2K liked us being in Houston.
Yeah i'm not sure whats going on there but i think its more RPR related. When i spoke with seth he said they are throwing their own RR event in September. When i spoke with peter he said he tried to make the "fall TX2K" happen but it didnt work out. Maybe Seth gave everyone the boot..
Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Looks like its Dallas Texas Labor day weekend! Texas Motorplex agreed to take on our event and Dallas Performance will be hosting our dyno night.
Good times!
Old 07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

I assume in the following weeks somebody will make a dedicated Dallas SCT Thread. I just have a quick question.

Now that the location is in Dallas, a group of friends and I are driving up from Houston and are wondering if there will be a designated "host" hotel.

I am not super familiar with the Dallas and would like to stay near the action so to speak. Would like to book a room sooner than later.

Thanks,
Old 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I want a real street Houston event. Call it a list or whatever. Cars that can drive all over at 75 mph on the freeway speed limit and get gas at any fuel station with minimal alteration to the wheel wells.

No racecar said with the people that have the most money winning. Even though that's how it usually plays out, the regular joe has a shot.
Pump Gas Drag kinda deal?
Drive to and from a meeting place. Make some runs. And on a single tank.
I'm in. 😁
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I would not care if it was a single tank or 3, but **** water fuel real street cars. Once the mustang is back together, I may see about starting something like it up on Htownracing.

Quick Reply: SCT-Houston