Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
So what about an organized roll race where there is a start/stop and rules.

Ever heard of Texas Invitational?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NARAspeed
Ever heard of Texas Invitational?
Yes. I hoping to run it this fall. With that question I was asking 78novacaine if he felt the same way about organized roll racing.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

We know the SO guys have 250k + in there cars. It's just they are grass root build it myself hot rodding guys like myself and others and we can relate to that rather the high flutent take it to the shop guys. When it comes down to it racing in general and roll racing events help the tracks stay open and gives those guys that enjoy doing it some where to go then I am all for it. Just not my thing.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
RE: Money - I don't know why roll racers get pegged with the rich bitch label. Yes there are some with money to spend on exotics and have them built but if you don't think the SO guys have just as much tied up in their cars you're fooling yourself. Granted the SO guys turn their own wrenches but I still don't see the reason to hate on bought VS: built.

Haters gonna hate, I know that, so hate on. Whatevs.
I only brought up the money because the very FIRST thing the guy narrating the video talks about is how much money they make and how much is in their cars...

I'm sure the top 5 guys on SO easily have $100k+ in their cars all told, but once again it's a matter of being able to relate for me. I'd much rather watch a show with a bunch of guys that build their own ****, work hard for their money and talk/act like normal car guys.

I've already said several times that the cars are badass, just that style of "racing" is not my cup of tea. But I guess since my fastest car was just a 425 rwhp 6 speed f-body I should not be able to have an opinion on the topic on a public forum right?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:29 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
I only brought up the money because the very FIRST thing the guy narrating the video talks about is how much money they make and how much is in their cars...

I'm sure the top 5 guys on SO easily have $100k+ in their cars all told, but once again it's a matter of being able to relate for me. I'd much rather watch a show with a bunch of guys that build their own ****, work hard for their money and talk/act like normal car guys.

I've already said several times that the cars are badass, just that style of "racing" is not my cup of tea. But I guess since my fastest car was just a 425 rwhp 6 speed f-body I should not be able to have an opinion on the topic on a public forum right?

Who said anything about you not being able to have an opinon? The 450whp number was not used to belittle lower HP guys it was used to show that lower HP cars don't need to worry about all the examples of "skills" I labeled.. There for its understandable why most people think Roll racing is a "skill less" sport seeing as there isn't a lot of people who have experienced how difficult it is to make a 1000+whp car hook up.

Last edited by oscs; 07-02-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
Yes, that is correct. Now keep your broke *** mouth shut. JFWY
A lot of money is a matter of opinion. Everyone has folks they see as rich and poor. Just because some people don't choose to blow all or a lot of there money on cars it is assumed they couldn't. I'll keep my cheap *** hoopties.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
We know the SO guys have 250k + in there cars. It's just they are grass root build it myself hot rodding guys like myself and others and we can relate to that rather the high flutent take it to the shop guys. When it comes down to it racing in general and roll racing events help the tracks stay open and gives those guys that enjoy doing it some where to go then I am all for it. Just not my thing.
Perfectly stated.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Teching In

I think most of you guys missed it...but it was a "sizzle" reel...not a production clip. It was made for the sole purpose similar to a "mix tape" to send to networks to be screened. Not sure why all the butt hurtedness about money and who drove it or who built it. or I'd rather hit a tree than a roll, well good for you. If it's not your cup of tea don't watch. It's all for "entertainment" value any ways......f*ck, millennials.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Mullet is a dream boat. Would watch again.

That Porsche tho....
Old 07-02-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there more than one definition of dreamboat?
Old 07-02-2015, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

NARAspeed that was a cool little video.

I enjoy watching all different kinds of racing whether on YouTube or TV. I subscribed to your channel and will tune in to any further videos you may make. Just as I do with others like 1320video, That Racing Channel, KFCOrBust, MexicoRacingLeague, and many others

Keep the videos coming.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I read something on the bullet that spiked my interest.

"Damn right they would, a while back Shawn was ready to line up with UGR in one of their Lambo's for a roll race! From what I remember UGR wouldn't put up any money on the deal so it never happened. I may be a little foggy on the details... maybe he will chime in on that old story."

That would make for an interesting run. In a closed environment of course. I'm sure you know many of these guys that run in these events and would be willing to put some money on the line. Be sure to have the cameras charged up and post up if it ever goes down.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
I read something on the bullet that spiked my interest.

"Damn right they would, a while back Shawn was ready to line up with UGR in one of their Lambo's for a roll race! From what I remember UGR wouldn't put up any money on the deal so it never happened. I may be a little foggy on the details... maybe he will chime in on that old story."

That would make for an interesting run. In a closed environment of course. I'm sure you know many of these guys that run in these events and would be willing to put some money on the line. Be sure to have the cameras charged up and post up if it ever goes down.
I'll line up with Shawn from a 60 roll to 200 and no less. If he wants to go deeper than 200 I'm game for that too.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

IMO DEAD Stop the outlaws cars would murder the roll race cars.. Murder nova and the crow make well north of 2500-3000 hp..

That being said.. hooking from a DIG and running 1/8th of a mile is very different than hooking 3000 hp from a roll and going for an 1/4 mile.. if you watch the outlaw show.. GOD FORBID the car even wobbles a little.. it unloads the suspension and ends up on its roof or a ditch.. Roll racing and dig racing are 2 very different things and 2 different setups..

just my opinion.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 PM
8 Second Club

Default Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

I'd be willing to bet most all of the big name SO guys 2500HP+ cars would murder anyone from a roll as well. They are lighter and make more power and not to mention are masters of hooking where they are not suppose to.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oscs
I'd be willing to bet most all of the big name SO guys 2500HP+ cars would murder anyone from a roll as well. They are lighter and make more power and not to mention are masters of hooking where they are not suppose to.
again.. hooking from a dig.. VERY different to hooking from a roll in a car with an unloaded suspension ..
Old 07-02-2015, 08:04 PM
8 Second Club

Default Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Originally Posted by White_lightning
again.. hooking from a dig.. VERY different to hooking from a roll in a car with an unloaded suspension ..

Obviously.... I'm not new to either one of those situations. Im just saying that those guys are probably savy enough to make some quick suspension changes and dominate from a roll too.

Last edited by oscs; 07-03-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MulletGT
I'll line up with Shawn from a 60 roll to 200 and no less. If he wants to go deeper than 200 I'm game for that too.
This I want to see. Would you line up in your Lambo or the GT?

For the record, the quote was taken from the bullet and there was no reply when it was originally posted. I quoted it from the original poster with no response as well.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Lots of butthurt and speculation about indivuals and their lives that they've never met themselves or personally know.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think anyone is butthurt. People are just stating there opinion about roll racing. Why so defensive?

Quick Reply: Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show