Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Roll racing is dumb. Also I can relate to the street outlaw guys, it's more grass roots style. Real street racers don't care if there streetable cars. No one is saying they are fast street cars.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Lol 78nova said what I was thinking.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Roll racing is dumb. Also I can relate to the street outlaw guys, it's more grass roots style. Real street racers don't care if there streetable cars. No one is saying they are fast street cars.
Roll racing is boring to watch but it is actually damn fun to do.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Lol 78nova said what I was thinking.
Tree'd ya. Then again I got somewhat tree'd by Codyvette myself.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
You make $1m/yr and can afford $400,000 cars? Must be nice, lol. At least the SO guys build, work on, test and drive their own ****, most of these guys just give a shop a car, a blank check and say "I want this much horzepowaz, make it happen!"

Don't get me wrong, 1500+ hp street cars are pretty freakin awesome, but I just see the average Joe being able to relate to the SO guys a lot more than guys with cars that cost more than most people's houses. Not to mention bragging about doing 200+ down a freeway that is full of innocent people is pretty damn ignorant in my book. What do you think happens to the family of 4 in the Civic driving home from a movie that gets creamed by a Lambo/Viper/Vette/GTR doing 220+?

As for the street car vs street raced thing, hasn't that been beat the **** to death already? They are race cars that run on the street, and they are damn good at it. If it was so easy everybody could do it.

Obviously he is talking about the concept of roll racing in general and not being able to go out and spend 400k on a car... There is a reason roll racing is so popular and that's because anyone can do it. It requires little skill, minimal wear on the vehicle and you can basically do it anywhere. That appeals to a lot of people.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:23 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Extended life in the RPM at high speed pulls is not usually easier on the car. But in talking about the 200 MPH freeway bombs.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 PM
8 Second Club

Default Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Extended life in the RPM at high speed pulls is not usually easier on the car. But in talking about the 200 MPH freeway bombs.
Yeah for sure. I'm referring to the average joe with 10k or less under the hood. Also driveline strength etc.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roll racing is like golf. Dig racing is like football.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oscs
Obviously he is talking about the concept of roll racing in general and not being able to go out and spend 400k on a car... There is a reason roll racing is so popular and that's because anyone can do it. It requires little skill, minimal wear on the vehicle and you can basically do it anywhere. That appeals to a lot of people.
Exactly! Glad to know so many people have a complex about people with money though lol.

P.s I don't have money.......yet lol
Old 07-01-2015, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EdgarB
Exactly! Glad to know so many people have a complex about people with money though lol.

P.s I don't have money.......yet lol
I was actually being sarcastic about the money part of it, guess it didn't come through in text. But I still relate much more to the SO guys than I ever could the guys in the OP video.

The fact that I think roll racing is for people who can't or aren't willing to set up a car to hook and go A-B is more of my point. I've done it on countless cruises, sure, get lined up next to somebody with some open space and hit it, but that's just ******* around. Any REAL race imho has a start and a stop, none of this keep going til the other guy lets off then fly by him bullshit I see all the time.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:36 PM
8 Second Club

I was actually being sarcastic about the money part of it, guess it didn't come through in text. But I still relate much more to the SO guys than I ever could the guys in the OP video.

The fact that I think roll racing is for people who can't or aren't willing to set up a car to hook and go A-B is more of my point. I've done it on countless cruises, sure, get lined up next to somebody with some open space and hit it, but that's just ******* around. Any REAL race imho has a start and a stop, none of this keep going til the other guy lets off then fly by him bullshit I see all the time.

So what about an organized roll race where there is a start/stop and rules.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by oscs
So what about an organized roll race where there is a start/stop and rules.
From what I saw at 2k this year that is a joke as well. People constantly leaving too early/late, cars not spaced right at the "starting line," etc. Imho roll racing is only a way to judge how deep somebody's pockets go, not the ability to properly set up or drive the cars. Like I said, it's fun to **** around and do on cruises, but not really what I consider racing.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

From what I saw at 2k this year that is a joke as well. People constantly leaving too early/late, cars not spaced right at the "starting line," etc. Imho roll racing is only a way to judge how deep somebody's pockets go, not the ability to properly set up or drive the cars. Like I said, it's fun to **** around and do on cruises, but not really what I consider racing.
Sounds about right
Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 PM
8 Second Club

All things I thought until I gave it a shot. Most people that bag it have never done it in an organized fashion. All the people I talk to who have done it (with fast cars) enjoy it. There's a lot more that goes into it than most people think (when your making big power anyways) all I'm sayin is don't bag it until you try it.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I live in Dallas and yeah we are NOT the home to street racing.
Plus roll racing to me is just not my cup of tea. I'll be lying if I say it sucks because I've done it but I rather drag 1/8 and 1/4 mile. It's more fun to me and I rather not risk other people's lives.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:42 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I will say roll racing is simply 3 factors and does not need a skilled driver.

The first two most important:

Horsepower

And

Weight

That is the primary factors for roll racing.

The third, when speed comes in to play,

Aerodynamics.

A 500 HP 92 s10 that is 2900 pounds will get rolled up by a 500 HP 3100 pound Camaro when the speeds get to wind resistance. Otherwise the first two factors are all there is to it.

Making a car drag *** at the strip or dig in the street, 60 foot hard and use power, is more like an art to me.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

I just can't stand the start, uneven or someone takes the hit etc. having fun on the highway we all done it and it's fun because we all enjoy going fast. Just not my form of racing. I can dig it just to see some cool cars ripping it down the road or street.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I will say roll racing is simply 3 factors and does not need a skilled driver.

The first two most important:

Horsepower

And

Weight

That is the primary factors for roll racing.

The third, when speed comes in to play,

Aerodynamics.

A 500 HP 92 s10 that is 2900 pounds will get rolled up by a 500 HP 3100 pound Camaro when the speeds get to wind resistance. Otherwise the first two factors are all there is to it.

Making a car drag *** at the strip or dig in the street, 60 foot hard and use power, is more like an art to me.

Like i said there is more to it than most people think, Like Brake boosting/Throttle timing/ramp rate selection and sling shoting for example. However.. If your car makes 450whp none of these thing matter to you. It seems most of the guys that appreciate "Roll Racing" are the guys that have to worry about losing traction at 100mph.. With that said i like all racing. Some of it (no prep street racing) i prefer not to do but its still fun to watch. Personally i do both organized Roll and Drag racing and think both have something fun to offer.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm bored so Imma stur the pot.

RE: Money - I don't know why roll racers get pegged with the rich bitch label. Yes there are some with money to spend on exotics and have them built but if you don't think the SO guys have just as much tied up in their cars you're fooling yourself. Granted the SO guys turn their own wrenches but I still don't see the reason to hate on bought VS: built.

RE: Skill - I don't think drag racing requires some extreme skill level above and beyond roll racing. Especially if you're in an auto, wait for the light, mash the pedal, done. Now banging gears is different (launching) and does require experience to get it right (obviously my launch needs some work based on my trap speed VS: ET) but it also takes some level of skill to pace someone while brake boosting and listening for the honks or waiting for the guy to jump. There are also plenty of us who do both. Look at Dui for example.

Haters gonna hate, I know that, so hate on. Whatevs.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I'm bored so Imma stur the pot.

RE: Money - I don't know why roll racers get pegged with the rich bitch label. Yes there are some with money to spend on exotics and have them built but if you don't think the SO guys have just as much tied up in their cars you're fooling yourself.
this.

Quick Reply: Mullet = Movie Star! Texas Invitational TV Show